Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wizard Subtleties

Reaction score
Although there are a handful of videos on Youtube, there are some specifics on using the TH Wizard that elude me. For example: Assuming I'm just using the Wizard (and not "team mode" with the ST-16), how do I frame the video before driving away in a Watch Me mode? I thought I would use the CGO app on my Android phone. I installed the app and in my house it works with the camera. I connect to the CGO3P WiFi signal, start the CGO app, and I can see the image. But when I go outside and bind the TH with the Wizard, all I get from the CGO app on my phone is "network error" even though the phone is connected to the CGO3P WiFi signal.

Another question, how do I actually start and stop video recording with the Wizard and what does the GPS LED do? The little card that comes tethered to the Wizard says to press the Wizard button, then short press the right hand gimbal button, then release both at the same time. Then it says the GPS LED will "blink-record start." What does that mean, it blinks once when record starts, or continues to blink while recording? I haven't managed to get the video recording to start yet, so I can't answer my own question....

You can find button combinations for the wizard on page 51, LED statuses are on page 54.

Try binding the WW while in the house and connect the phone to the camera and start the CGO app. Both should be able to connect. I’ll give it a go with mine tomorrow and let you know the results.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
Maybe I need to ask this: Once you bind to the WW, does it stay bound after power off and on as it does to the ST-16? Or do you need to re-bind every power cycle?

Maybe I need to ask this: Once you bind to the WW, does it stay bound after power off and on as it does to the ST-16? Or do you need to re-bind every power cycle?
As I remember it stays bound like the ST-16. It has been about a year since I used the WW and I was flying without the camera since it was in for repair (bad sensor). I know I had to rebind when going back to the ST-16.

WW:
Yes, it stays bound no matter if it is powered on or not until you re-bind it to another transmitter (ST16). Then it stays there...
As long the video is recorded the LED will blinking.

CGO3 app:
The range of the WiFi connection is bad due to poor WiFi antenna with different polarization than CGO3+ antenna. But in short range the behaviour shuold be the same as at home.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
I did get the app to connect while the WW was linked, but it required several attempts. Am I correct that the only thing you can really do with the app is look at the camera output, and start-stop record? In other words, you can't position the camera, right? Also, with the WW, you can only tilt the camera up and down, but you have to move the aircraft in flight (left stick--left and right buttons while WW is held upright) to change the pan direction, right?

That is correct. You can also use the two press combo’s on the WW to take photos and start/stop video recording.

Depending on what you are doing, it is best to use the WW and ST-16 in team mode as the ST-16 has a better connection for video feed and it allows the camera to tilt and pan.

This begs the question of why even bother with the Wizard (if using the camera), i.e. what is the real value of "team mode" if you're really better off using the ST-16 to control the camera. I'm not trying to be argumentative, rather just to understand....

If my reading memory serves me right...

Use the ST16 to control the camera, while using the wand to control where you want the H to fly.

In follow-me mode, the H will follow the wizard while you or someone else can control to camera with the ST16, when in team mode.

More testing to do, me thinks.

Jeff

If you select Team mode on the ST16 it requests to bind the drone to another device (ST16 or Wizard) and stays as camera controller while the other divice takes over the flight control.

This is what I tested some month ago with two ST16.

br HE

This begs the question of why even bother with the Wizard (if using the camera), i.e. what is the real value of "team mode" if you're really better off using the ST-16 to control the camera. I'm not trying to be argumentative, rather just to understand....
The wizard is small and compact so it fits well if you are riding a bike, skateboarding, etc. If you are in team mode you can concentrate on flying with the wizard while another person controls the camera. It is a versatile tool that is cheaper and more transportable than a second ST-16 and fits in the backpack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval