Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

worn props and mounts

My experience with teflon lubes is their effectiveness is very short lived. Placing something inside a Teflon sleeve to reduce rotational friction and applying some amount of Teflon lube on an otherwise non sleeved rotating object are two very different things. During torque transducer testing of various devices the Teflon lubes were also found to have performed no better than graphite based lubricants, but the effects of the Teflon lubes were of shorter duration. The Teflon appeared to migrate away from the frictional area quickly.

The stuff is slippery but lacking a means of containment, perhaps too slippery.

So, what is the recommended method to clean the motors of any dirt, dust contamination?
I thought I saw a post saying CRC QD Electronic Cleaner. I bought a can, sprayed it on an old drone and was surprised at the liquid dispersed. It did dry very quickly, but does it do so without any residual left behind?

I am wondering if "dirty motors" are contributing to my inability to get more than 12 minutes of flight out of my best batteries right off the charger. Can dust build up create friction causing motors to work harder and reduce flight times? I have over 260 flights and 50 hrs logged on H.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
So, what is the recommended method to clean the motors of any dirt, dust contamination?
I thought I saw a post saying CRC QD Electronic Cleaner. I bought a can, sprayed it on an old drone and was surprised at the liquid dispersed. It did dry very quickly, but does it do so without any residual left behind?

I am wondering if "dirty motors" are contributing to my inability to get more than 12 minutes of flight out of my best batteries right off the charger. Can dust build up create friction causing motors to work harder and reduce flight times? I have over 260 flights and 50 hrs logged on H.

I was just kind of wondering the same thing.
Even though they are brushless. I have the same spray, and use it for the contacts on the battery. Even a shot in the charger.
Keith Kuhn

I wouldn't complain at 12 minutes flying time, that's pretty good, some are getting less than that.

I wouldn't complain at 12 minutes flying time, that's pretty good, some are getting less than that.
I'm in full agreement. With all of my older Power 4 batteries I average around 12 minutes landing at 14.5v for each flight in what I call 'normal' temperatures (mid teens to low twenties deg C). Indeed, last week my battery #6 only lasted a bit over 8 minutes but that was in a cooler temperature landing just as it hit 14.6v. I do have a couple of new (to me) batteries: one is getting between 17 and 18 minutes in the air on a normal flights in normal temperatures landing at 14.5v (it managed just over 20 minutes landing at 14.4v in a rough hover test) and the other is yet to be tested so is currently an unknown entity.

I was hoping to test that last battery today but the wind in my part of the world is gusting at over 20MPH at the moment.

A blow out with canned air for piece of mind might help, you would probably feel a severely contaminated motor, battery flight times dependant on amount of flights, storage and flying regime, even when you receive them, they can be damaged and not perform to its best. You may only get better times with larger capacity third party ones and ultimately the LiPo battery conversion.

I'm in full agreement. With all of my older Power 4 batteries I average around 12 minutes landing at 14.5v for each flight in what I call 'normal' temperatures (mid teens to low twenties deg C). Indeed, last week my battery #6 only lasted a bit over 8 minutes but that was in a cooler temperature landing just as it hit 14.6v. I do have a couple of new (to me) batteries: one is getting between 17 and 18 minutes in the air on a normal flights in normal temperatures landing at 14.5v (it managed just over 20 minutes landing at 14.4v in a rough hover test) and the other is yet to be tested so is currently an unknown entity.

I was hoping to test that last battery today but the wind in my part of the world is gusting at over 20MPH at the moment.
Sunny Sunday here used it with another few batteries I had, 14.5 after 9 minutes, hopefully it might improve a little over a couple of charges, Will see!

Sunny Sunday here used it with another few batteries I had, 14.5 after 9 minutes, hopefully it might improve a little over a couple of charges, Will see!
well, as well as the wind up her next to the Pennines it's bloody cold too. I'm desperate to have that first flight with that Jessops Power 4 but conditions up here haven't been in favor of a test flight since I got it. IR is ok on it but apart from knowing the IR for all I know I could have a dud and only a test flight will tell me it's a good 'un. The weather was ok for a flight on Monday (yesterday) but I had other, non drone related, commitments.

Bloody weather.

Edit to say that the time of just a little over 8 minutes (8 minutes and 25 seconds) I got out of battery #6 last week was partly due to taking off with less than a full charge (well in to 16.5v). It was with that battery that I had to sort out that 'beeping' issue after landing with battery #5...so that prolly accounted for at least several seconds there.

Incidentally, on another note, Last several flights I haven't had the issue of video dropping out on raising the landing gear, not that I've had many flights this last month or so.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430