Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Worth it?

Reaction score
I am a recipient of a Typhoon H that was my fathers. He only flew it twice before getting grounded. I just realized that there is no charger and the two batteries have some swelling going on. My question is this, is it worth purchasing what I need to get it airborne, or should I sell as is. My concern is if Yuneec has any support if needed. Thanks.

Reactions: CaptainDave
Are you wanting to fly it yourself?

While support through Yuneec may be slim, this forum can offer support to get it airworthy.

Reactions: Chris Koch
Here is my opinion, (I am not a member here) alot depends on your objective. Learning drone technical stuff it's not good. This commercial build is closed shop and tight lipped. Learning to fly and building skills for using drones in industry, I say it's a great opportunity. Do some research and replace the battery setup with aftermarket stuff. Your investment will be around 200 bucks and you will have a great training machine. I only have the larger size models but they are pretty stable compared to the current drones on the market.

I don't think you will regret it. I say it's worth the chance for fun, frustrating as it can be but in the end fulfilling. Oh, it's not frustrating for most just folks like me with shrinking brains. I say go for it!!

A couple of hundred dollars is a small price to pay for such a great and dynamic flying camera platform. Support from this site is the best you will find anywhere, even from Yuneec when they were at their best. Yuneec support left a lot to be desired, and left it's loyal customers hanging most of the time. The experience from this knowledgebase is vastly superior to that which Yuneec could ever offer it's customers.

And now we have John @Yuneec Skins right here, offering a wide verity of replacement parts so if you happen to crash you can get it back in the air without too much delay.

I am a recipient of a Typhoon H that was my fathers. He only flew it twice before getting grounded. I just realized that there is no charger and the two batteries have some swelling going on. My question is this, is it worth purchasing what I need to get it airborne, or should I sell as is. My concern is if Yuneec has any support if needed. Thanks.
Couple things come to mind . . . .

A used Typhoon H with charger and useful batteries and even some extras will only fetch around four to five hundred bucks. With no batteries and no charger, substantially less. So if you sold as is and you may get 300 bucks - what other drone would you get with that amount that has all the features of the Typhoon H? Not many.

Even when Yuneec has some semblance of customer support here in the states, you were likely to find better; one-on-one guidance from real pilots with a massive amounts of experience, right here on this forum - and you still can. As mentioned, for parts and other service we got Yuneec skins. Personally I feel better about support for our birds now, than I did just a year or so ago.

While I still fly my H Plus I have ventured to one of the 'other' brands and trust me, the grass ain't so green as it appears. ;) I'll just say one (or two), words about that . . . .Nanny-ware 🤣

Get a couple batteries and a charger, stick around and enjoy.

Reactions: DCH
Yeah, just an additional step in planning.

Would be nice to get a perm unlock though.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
What would you like to do with the drone? Learn to fly? Take good aerial video? Polish your flying skills? The Typhoon H is good for all of this. It's a powerful, stable platform that takes decent photos and 4K video of well lit scenes. Don't expect it to be aerobatic or particularly tough when crashed. Parts are still available and the help on this forum is top notch. I say, go for it!

Reactions: NWSaint

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech