Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Would you please give me some advice on survey programming with my H520?

You can set the warning value by clicking the 3-bar menu, General and it is at the bottom. If you are flying smaller sites you could bring it down to 25%, but I have experienced that when these batteries (in particular) hit 25% they can go down very quickly.

I use DataPilot. Example would be a 125 acre project I did with 75/75 overlaps at 250ft AGL. It took about 1.5 batteries on an OEM. The trick to getting better efficiency is looking at the Photo Interval value at the bottom of the Survey pane and checking and adjusting the flight speed until that value hits 2.0 seconds. I can usually run about 20mph. The logic of the program can be pretty conservative. I have run 1.5 seconds with good success. Of course it depends on altitude, ambient light and camera settings. When I get down to 200ft is more like 16-17mph. It can seem a little tricky, but they are static values that you will figure out. I figure that by making sure that an object is captured 4 times on each pass I know I am getting about 75-80% overlap.
I use DataPilot.

I take this to mean you use it to fly the mission. What software do you use to process the images to produce your models? I am taking a course where we are using Drone Deploy. It would not process the images. The problem is I have no way of knowing if it is an incompatibility between 520 and Drone Deploy or me making a mistake in the upload process. Drone Deploy doesn’t list the 520 as a supported drone but doesn’t tell me the Drone Deploy won’t work with the 520.

I use DataPilot.

I take this to mean you use it to fly the mission. What software do you use to process the images to produce your models? I am taking a course where we are using Drone Deploy. It would not process the images. The problem is I have no way of knowing if it is an incompatibility between 520 and Drone Deploy or me making a mistake in the upload process. Drone Deploy doesn’t list the 520 as a supported drone but doesn’t tell me the Drone Deploy won’t work with the 520.
We fly with DataPilot and use DroneDeploy as well. The supported drone list is for drones that can be controlled using their flight software, but you can upload any correctly geotagged images to their software for processing. I worked with them from the beginning on the H520 and they used to grab from the wrong EXIF data value, but once we fixed that it has worked like a charm. Are you getting any specific errors or actions?

. Are you getting any specific errors or actions?

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I can’t answer your question. I am taking a mapping and modeling course with Dart Drones. They have some deal with Drone Deploy that allows us to upload as many projects as we want but all communications go our instructor. What I see at my end is that the screen says it is “processing” until I terminate it. I have waited 18-24 hours to be sure I don’t cut it off early when it actually might be working. Depending when I get my 520 back I might be able to try again and if it doesn’t work ask the instructor to send me whatever communications he gets from Drone Deploy. At least you are encouraging. I have been told by an IT person that all jpegs are “alike” so it didn’t make sense as to why the jpegs from the 520 would not work. Still doesn’t since you solved their EXIF data value, whatever that is. (Something else to go look up!) Additionally, I have/had no way of knowing if I was doing something wrong which was causing the processing problems. Since the course is online I don’t have anyone smarter than I looking over my shoulder as would happen during a real, live course. I’ll let you know if I get a chance to fly the 520 again. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: chascoadmin
I haven't tried DD but processed e90 datasets in Pix4d, Pix4d Fields and Maps Made Easy (I'm not sure but this might be using Pix4d engine anyway). Everything worked fine.

So for chuckles I tried using the Maps Made Easy program since they give you “points” to use for free, as I am sure you know. I tried to upload the 2 520 3 D grid flights, separately, and in both case I got files, in this case these 7 files out of 76 images giving me this error message. Same error message with the other group of files. The last file never stopped processing. Interesting because when I tried Drone Deploy it said they all successfully loaded. Any idea why most files loaded but these few did not? Maybe I am not the problem.

Attachments

• 05D6FEFC-581F-404C-A5F1-A9FBE36C22D1.jpeg
    05D6FEFC-581F-404C-A5F1-A9FBE36C22D1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
So for chuckles I tried using the Maps Made Easy program since they give you “points” to use for free, as I am sure you know. I tried to upload the 2 520 3 D grid flights, separately, and in both case I got files, in this case these 7 files out of 76 images giving me this error message. Same error message with the other group of files. The last file never stopped processing. Interesting because when I tried Drone Deploy it said they all successfully loaded. Any idea why most files loaded but these few did not? Maybe I am not the problem.
If you are interested I can PM you a request for upload to share those images and I will do some processing on my end to see what I get? I will also analyze please photos except data with Geosetter.

Unfortunately I am now just seeing your response. I shall go look and see what files I may still have as I deleted a bunch as I concluded they were worthless to me. I am finding that there are a lot of helpful people on the forum and I sincerely appreciate it. If I have kept any of the photos from my unsuccessful missions I shall get back to you. Again my thanks.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Unfortunately I am now just seeing your response. I shall go look and see what files I may still have as I deleted a bunch as I concluded they were worthless to me. I am finding that there are a lot of helpful people on the forum and I sincerely appreciate it. If I have kept any of the photos from my unsuccessful missions I shall get back to you. Again my thanks.
No problem, I'll be here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis