Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec 500+ battery capacity?

Reaction score
Hi guys could someone please tell me what the actual battery capacity is. The battery says 5400 but I have an email from Yuneec that says different. I Quote "

Hello,

Yes, the batteries are 6300 mAH.

Sent: 2/1/2016 6:31 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: typhoon Q500+

Good morning, I just purchased the US version of the typhoon Q500+ and

awaiting delivery. Its the latest version with the larger fpv screen. My

Question is about the battery. I came across an article from you guys

stating the battery is miss labeled. That its actually 6300 mah not 5300

mah. Does that mean that all the batteries are 6300 mah?

Thanks

Old Bridge NJ USA

Hi guys could someone please tell me what the actual battery capacity is. The battery says 5400 but I have an email from Yuneec that says different. I Quote "

Hello,

Yes, the batteries are 6300 mAH.

Sent: 2/1/2016 6:31 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: typhoon Q500+

Good morning, I just purchased the US version of the typhoon Q500+ and

awaiting delivery. Its the latest version with the larger fpv screen. My

Question is about the battery. I came across an article from you guys

stating the battery is miss labeled. That its actually 6300 mah not 5300

mah. Does that mean that all the batteries are 6300 mah?

Thanks

Old Bridge NJ USA
This is for information only. It is the terms used for lipo batteries.

When you buy a typical lipo battery pack, it has certain characteristics which are described on the packaging...

Cells (S)... the number of cells in a pack can be expressed as 'S', for example, 1S, 2S, 3S, all the way up to 10S or even 12S for some of the really big applications, there is no theoretical limit to how many cells can be used, either in series or parallel (more about series vs parallel later). 'S' rating refers specifically to the number of cells in the pack. So a 2S pack is a 2 cell pack, etc, etc. Each cell has a nominal voltage of 3.7v.

Voltage (v)... The number of Volts the pack provides. This directly correlates to the 'S' rating. The S rating multiplied by the nominal voltage of a lipo cell (3.7v) will always give you a pack's voltage, meaning that if one (volts or 'S') is not provided, it can be discerned from the other. For example, a 7.4v pack will always be 2S, an 11.1v pack will always be 3S, and a 4S pack will always be 14.8v, etc. Note that healthy lipo packs can and will charge to up to 4.21v per cell when fully charged.

Duration/capacity (mAh)... this figure directly relates to the maximum duration of the battery in milliamp hours. A typical value for this is 5000mAh. Meaning that this battery under a constant 5000 milliamp load would last exactly one hour. Worth noting of course that 5000 milliamps is 5 amps.

C (mA)... This figure directly relates to how much current (in Amps) a battery can safely deliver. The important thing to remember about C rating, aside from the way it is calculated, which we will get to in a minute, is that it may be provided as one or two figures, 'sustained' (or continuous) and 'burst' (or peak). In most cases, both may be provided. If only one figure is provided, it may be impossible to tell whether it is intended to be the sustained or burst rating, exercise care under these circumstances.

The continuous or sustained C rating refers to the amount of current that the battery could deliver indefinitely without incurring damage. This is the main number to look at when selecting a battery for your model. The burst rating, refers to how much power the pack can theoretically provide for a short burst if required, but such loads should not be sustained for more than a few seconds. This is usually approximately double the nominal C rating, but can be lower or higher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval