Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec C23 camera

I think the confusion was brought about by Yuneec themselves who promoted both versions of the C23 for plus and H, it is still on their website and shops in UK still advertise both versions, some say in stock! Clearly they need to sort out the confusion they started, not everyone is on a forum and fully aware of it's incompatibility

Maybe Yuneec still want to launch C23 H version if there are indeed many pilots want to purchase it.

If they did how long after it was released would it be before it worked right? Their track record with software efficacy is deplorable.

If they did how long after it was released would it be before it worked right? Their track record with software efficacy is deplorable.
Shuold not much work to do only mount a new camera with ready system, 2-3 months should be enough, just wonder the fly time and price, current C23 is $1000?

But at that point it is no longer a stock C23... it is now, a customized C23 and the pricing will reflect it. I'd be willing to bet that to pay for both the development cost as well as the low volume, the price of a "C23-H" could come close to... a complete H Plus.

But at that point it is no longer a stock C23... it is now, a customized C23 and the pricing will reflect it. I'd be willing to bet that to pay for both the development cost as well as the low volume, the price of a "C23-H" could come close to... a complete H Plus.
H Plus stree price is $1700, C23 shuold be about $1000 as they advertise

Shuold not much work to do only mount a new camera with ready system, 2-3 months should be enough, just wonder the fly time and price, current C23 is $1000?

With all due respect, their software group can’t develop an effective firmware upgrade 4 times out of 5. The 5th time was dedicated to fixing what they screwed up the first 4 times.

That’s part of what makes an original H and 920 Plus so good. They don’t get the firmware messed with any more. We aren’t facing the question of “what did they f up this time.”

I personally would pay the extra then your getting an improvement in all areas.
No brainer! The Plus is a big improvement in all areas -potentially that is. Once the Firmware gets ironed out and full functionality it achieved (or at least improved upon), it will be a big improvement in all areas.

Personally putting a C23 on an H480 seems like a misappropriation of funds. Rather than spend $1,000 for a C23. I would rather buy a Plus, then sell the H480 to make up some of the cost. In the end you are spending about the same or a little more, but getting the whole Plus package, not just the camera.

And then you get your C23 right away and you don't have to wait forever for the C23 to become available (if ever) for the H480.

And then Yuneec could focus on making the Plus all it was meant to be and not waste their precious time on an old platform.

Last edited:
Agree. I would not recommend putting the C23 on the H. If you buy the H Plus the whole package is under warranty.

How would the warranty work with a C23 on an older H? It could be a nightmare for customer service to sort through the problems if the H crashes. If the camera isn't covered in that situation then you have a Public Relations headache. Just buy the H Plus.

1000.00 C23 vs A Brand New 1,800.00 H Plus?

With the 1000 dollar C23, you get to shoe horn the new camera onto your tired old 480 which; is still sucking out the life of two to three year old batteries while flying in the same manner it always has; ahem . . . ;)

Here in the states, for 800 more you get 400 dollars worth of brand new batteries, a 200 dollar RealSense module whether you want it or not :rolleyes: that leaves a couple hundred bucks worth of the best flying hexacopter on the planet and a modernized ST-16S.

I agree with DCH, if you like; sell your 480 for four or five hundred and put it towards the new Plus.

Early on, I would have actually toyed with the idea of buying a C23 to put onto my trusty H - but that was before I flew the Plus. Now that the cat is out of that bag? Well now its a different story, even with some of the recent rumbling revolving around the firmware updates - the Plus is solid and it's track record is growing pretty long. I hate to say it but I don't think the C23 will find a market among the 480 crowd even if the cost were half of what is being discussed. Had it been released along side the Plus last summer it may have caught on but time is fleeting.

Don't get me wrong the 480 is a great package, but I think those that will purchase one going forward, whether it is new or used to save a few bucks; are not going to be the types that are seeking what the C23 offers over the CG03+.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR
1000.00 C23 vs A Brand New 1,800.00 H Plus?

With the 1000 dollar C23, you get to shoe horn the new camera onto your tired old 480 which; is still sucking out the life of two to three year old batteries while flying in the same manner it always has; ahem . . . ;)

Here in the states, for 800 more you get 400 dollars worth of brand new batteries, a 200 dollar RealSense module whether you want it or not :rolleyes: that leaves a couple hundred bucks worth of the best flying hexacopter on the planet and a modernized ST-16S.

I agree with DCH, if you like; sell your 480 for four or five hundred and put it towards the new Plus.

Early on, I would have actually toyed with the idea of buying a C23 to put onto my trusty H - but that was before I flew the Plus. Now that the cat is out of that bag? Well now its a different story, even with some of the recent rumbling revolving around the firmware updates - the Plus is solid and it's track record is growing pretty long. I hate to say it but I don't think the C23 will find a market among the 480 crowd even if the cost were half of what is being discussed. Had it been released along side the Plus last summer it may have caught on but time is fleeting.

Don't get me wrong the 480 is a great package, but I think those that will purchase one going forward, whether it is new or used to save a few bucks; are not going to be the types that are seeking what the C23 offers over the CG03+.
I agree H+ is the better platform for high quality camera.
There are many pilots still use the H platform and in some case it's still cheap and good for many usage, then they can try a high quality camera first if it could meet the requirement, and only purchase the bird later once it's really necessary.
Actually, it's good for all users if Yuneec could improve compatibility for different playload. For instance all the H camera could be used in H+ and also same for H+ camera, maybe some case the fly time and user experience is not good, but in many cases it's still helpful and improve the value for all the payloads.
Many old lens could be used in the new model and use enjoys it well.
One Chinese proverb "Never forget why you started, and you can accomplish your mission"

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Unfortunately payload flexibility has never been a priority with Yuneec... don't own one, so I'll ask @PatR to confirm... they've never offered another camera for the 920, right? In all of these birds it is all about the camera... and financially there is no better choice for the company than to replace an entire platform as opposed to just a camera.

Unfortunately payload flexibility has never been a priority with Yuneec... don't own one, so I'll ask @PatR to confirm... they've never offered another camera for the 920, right? In all of these birds it is all about the camera... and financially there is no better choice for the company than to replace an entire platform as opposed to just a camera.
To be honest, it's not easy to dev new camera if not enough platform units in the market. There are enough H and H+ users now and the platform is also good for more development.

I don't see the H Plus price changing much, if at all, in the next 10 months. The C23 and E90 are the same camera and the price of the E90 hasn't budged, nor has the H520 which is 10 months older than the H Plus. There wasn't a drastic drop in price for the Q500 until the H was nearing release. And the H didn't drop much until the 520 was getting close to release. So until a new model is announced I don't expect much dropping of prices.

I also don't believe the C23 will ever be available for the H. It just doesn't make sense to put an expensive camera on a older model which is likely out of warranty. Considering the significant improvements of the Plus over the H I think it's just smarter to buy the package.
@Steve Carr ...Didn't you say the release date would be tomorrow.... April 1st? lol

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
The original 920 could use several different cameras, including the Sony a7. Not sayin’ they worked as they should but it could be done.

With the (ahem) “upgrade” to the 920 Plus the platform became limited to using the CGO-4, which is a very good camera, or the CGO-3 by using an adaptor mount and flying in Typhoon H mode. I have not tried it but the 920+ should also be able to use the CGO-ET when flown in Typhoon H mode, although I cannot understand why anyone would want to. Both the CGO-3 and ET need to have models profiles set in the ST-16, Typhoon H has to be selected as the model type, and binding with a camera change is required. When flown with a -3 the camera control features of the 920 are not available but all the features if a Typhoon H are.

Realistically, if you adapt the gimbal mount you can hang almost any camera you want on a 920 but you also need to install and set up a different gimbal/camera controller and video transmitter. If you want to use a Canon D model, a7-a9, NEX, or a6500 you can. Unlike an H, H Plus, or 520, a 920 is not severely weight restricted.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss