Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Customer Survey

R

Rayray

Those of you in the USA who have registered your Typhoon H's with Yuneec should get a survey invitation like this below. This is your opportunity to directly tell Yuneec about your drone. If you have or if you get the invitation, please follow through. Your participation will help all of us who fly this drone.
Yuneec Survey.JPG

Reactions: Michael Brown
I did one tonight, providing praise for their CS people in the U.S. And mentioned the need for better documentation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did one tonight, providing praise for their CS people in the U.S. And mentioned the need for better documentation.

You nailed it. Yuneec's biggest CS issue is their unwillingness to providing updated documentation or, in some cases, any documentation. I think they're still using the LED chart from the Q500.

I'm not so sure about that. I called them this morning to close out a trouble ticket I had going due to a firmware foul up. I informed them how I got through it and back working again. That particular tech was unaware of the method I used and was planning to share it with other techs. That suggests to me that corporate hasn't provided them all the tools they need to work with either. A few years ago I saw similar working the same way with another company. Call their techs and they had almost no system knowledge because the product was put on the market before they had been informed or trained with it. I think it's a cultural thing.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
It seems they operate with two or three tiers of techs. The first ones respond via written items they read and don't know much about the drone. The second tier have experience with a variety of service calls and can answer most questions from that experience. The best I've found are those who do fly, have experience with phone support and actually do some of the repairs. The level of expertise is quite variable probably due to the rapid growth and popularity of the H. At least they answer the phone promptly and more often than not once they understand your own level of knowledge pass you off to someone who exceeds it.

I suggested they provide a mapping app, or allow compatibility with others that are already out there. DJI can figure it out, why can't Yuneec?

I am really blown away now.. I have two H's cameras need to be fixed on both, I sent one in, Yuneec received it today. Just got an email its done/replaced cannot understand the invoice and shipping back! SAME day thats crazy! Kudos to the Guys in CA :)

Reactions: RiverRunner
I am really blown away now.. I have two H's cameras need to be fixed on both, I sent one in, Yuneec received it today. Just got an email its done/replaced cannot understand the invoice and shipping back! SAME day thats crazy! Kudos to the Guys in CA :)
That's good news! Hopefully the new camera you receive works out great and resolves your previous issues. I sent mine in a couple days ago also so they should be receiving it soon. Hope to receive half as good as turn around time as you did. Unfortunately my dealings with CS to get this resolved have been frustrating for me because this was a replacement in itself. CGO3 tilted like a confused dogs head and emitting continuous long tone

That's good news! Hopefully the new camera you receive works out great and resolves your previous issues. I sent mine in a couple days ago also so they should be receiving it soon. Hope to receive half as good as turn around time as you did. Unfortunately my dealings with CS to get this resolved have been frustrating for me because this was a replacement in itself. CGO3 tilted like a confused dogs head and emitting continuous long tone

Yikes :eek: well I wish you the same success I had - I have had great service and support --

This last Monday I called Yuneec to obtain some advice for a firmware issue I was having that's resolved now. I was on auto hold for about 30 seconds when a rep answered with "good morning, Yuneec customer service, can you hold?". I said yes and she clicked off for about 10 seconds and came back with "Good morning Pat, how can I help you?". I had not previously provided my name.

Her reason for placing me on the short hold was to check caller ID. Since I'm in their system my name displayed with my number. There is no business where I've registered a product that has happened before. I was very surprised, and impressed. That's attention to detail for sure.

This last Monday I called Yuneec to obtain some advice for a firmware issue I was having that's resolved now. I was on auto hold for about 30 seconds when a rep answered with "good morning, Yuneec customer service, can you hold?". I said yes and she clicked off for about 10 seconds and came back with "Good morning Pat, how can I help you?". I had not previously provided my name.

Her reason for placing me on the short hold was to check caller ID. Since I'm in their system my name displayed with my number. There is no business where I've registered a product that has happened before. I was very surprised, and impressed. That's attention to detail for sure.

I have had my struggles with the product - but the service has been great. I have to admit, that if every one of the TH's were broken, on fire or just no working right - it would be impossible to get a hold the service people; I think they only have like 8 for North America maybe. That aside, I respect what they do, and once the dust settles and a few more "good" updates come out this will all be behind us and long forgotten.

I did suggest that they actually do a 'focus' group of something like that, and start to focus on the application itself. The hardware seems up to the task of taking on much more than it is doing currently. 3rd party developers are making good software Yuneec should acquire the rights to, and take stuff even further... I think a focus group of dedicated users getting together in a structured way with the developers at Yuneec would yield very cool results. maybe even hold a contest for qualified developers to submit work for a large reward of say $100,000 for a winning APP, and maybe another group where we can suggest ideas and developers can "sign up" to tackle them... This would all of course require an open API or corp support from Yuneec. But the next frontier is software - they need to embrace that and find ways to take community development and suggestions and make them commercially (stable) viable.

You nailed it. Yuneec's biggest CS issue is their unwillingness to providing updated documentation or, in some cases, any documentation. I think they're still using the LED chart from the Q500.

I thought they were using the LED chart from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"
Check out this video, made in 1977 - and still explains the blinking codes we see in 2016 still - simply amazing clip, who needs a manual when you have a youtube video for it :)

* I offer this tongue and check and not to be critical of there choice on how to display errors - but I could not resist the temptation to draw the parallel to this movie either....

Those of you in the USA who have registered your Typhoon H's with Yuneec should get a survey invitation like this below. This is your opportunity to directly tell Yuneec about your drone. If you have or if you get the invitation, please follow through. Your participation will help all of us who fly this drone.
View attachment 3843
I did the latest update and had problems with the H. It flew beautifully until the update. Contacted support, instructed to sent the H & the controller to them for repair/correction. It was in the mail the next day, they emailed a prepaid shipping label. This is the second time I have contacted support and both times very satisfied with their prompt response and willingness to correct the problems. I'm confident my H will be returned with the latest update and fly as well if not better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval