Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H3 Update BUILD

I use the same card for the camera and transfer Firmware files for the ST.
Hence my purchase for a 32 GB card exclusively for the camera.
I am doing a non-quick format on PC.
I will see if there is a problem or not with the new card.

J'utilise la même carte pour la caméra et le transfère des fichiers Firmware pour la ST.
D'ou mon achat pour une carte de 32 GB exclusivement pour la camèra.
Je fais un formatage non rapide sur PC.
Je verrais bien si problème ou pas avec la nouvelle carte.
Okay. I asked because the ST16 series controllers do not handle anything larger than a 32GB with FAT32 formatting without issues.

@WTFDproject is working on the problems you are experiencing and will hopefully be able to come up with a solution. Please be patient.

Okay. I asked because the ST16 series controllers do not handle anything larger than a 32GB with FAT32 formatting without issues.

@WTFDproject is working on the problems you are experiencing and will hopefully be able to come up with a solution. Please be patient.
I expected to receive my new card today, late delivery.
Thank you very much for taking the time to solve my problem.
Sincerely Jean-Claude

I expected to receive my new card today, late delivery.
Thank you very much for taking the time to solve my problem.
Sincerely Jean-Claude
Thanks, but @WTFDproject id the one working on the update issues. I only asked about the cards because I tried using cards larger than 32GB in the ST16 and found they are not compatible with the older Android OS used.

Thanks, but @WTFDproject id the one working on the update issues. I only asked about the cards because I tried using cards larger than 32GB in the ST16 and found they are not compatible with the older Android OS used.
Thanks for the information.
All solutions are good to take.
I think @WTFDproject has the same problem as me.
I forwarded him the emails with the Firmwares that Yuneec EU sent me.
There may be a problem with the maps, but also instability with the wifi of the camera.
It often bugs, random function, fixed red led, fixed orange and sometimes no led on...
Fixed image return, crash between photo function and video passage...

An Update:
I installed several combinations of components in the ION L1 in an effort to best determine which component(s) may be causing the issue. It should be noted the L1 I am working with has an additional problem related to the gimbal performance.

To resolve the controller/video freezing part of this camera's problems, several components were temporarily swapped with a working C23 (The closest thing I have available to an L1):
  • Main Camera Ribbon (Hub to gimbal board)
  • Spiral Ribbon (aka: front main, power, short main, etc.) (hub to camera board)
  • SD card reader board (installed C23 SD card reader board)
  • Lens board and Lens assembly (installed C23 Lens board and Lens assembly)
  • Gimbal board (Installed gimbal boards from C23 and E90)
The only things that helped the card reading, the ability to take photo/video and the ability to swap between photo/video modes (generally, screen freezing) were all associated with the SD card system:
  • Replaced the SD card. Had problems with all the original cards. Purchased one new card and saw an improvement. Still had lots of problems, but the system worked a lot better.
  • Cleaned the SD card reader. Saw some improvement by cleaning the reader via the usual methods while still installed in the camera. Improved again, but again still had problems. The card reader was then removed from the camera, hosed out thoroughly with lots of contact cleaner/compressed air. This almost fixed the problem but would still experience occasional hang ups.
  • Finally replaced the SD card reader board. No problems have occurred since replacing the board. Replacing the reader board also allowed this H3 to display the autopilot revision number on the ST16.
This ION L1 has unrelated problems with its gimbal board. Since neither C23 gimbal boards nor E90 gimbal boards will accept L1 firmware, I could not permanently substitute a working gimbal board.

This H3 originally had an issue with doing Autopilot updates. Due to the sequence of parts changing, I am not sure whether the resolution was associated with the SD card reader board or with the Spiral Ribbon.

And by the way, here is a comparison of a C23 to an Ion L1 with the skin off. Not much real difference:
C23-L1 shell off.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
At the moment I can't deal too much with the problems with my H3 suite change and work in my new house.
I still managed to re-install the firmware on the ST and on the camera.
To do this I took a basic 16 GB micro SD card.
I was able to put everything back properly without any installation problems.
I installed Build 705 for camera and controller and 780 for APP.
I no longer have the blockage during the pairing phase.
I completely changed the mode to register the Firmwares.
I still have a loss of wifi, between the camera and the ST.
The video feedback freezes after a few minutes or even a few seconds.
Still green camera light.
I have a lot of devices connected to wifi at home, may be the cause.
I will try as soon as I have time to do an outdoor test.
Thanks to DoomMeister and WTFDproject for your advice

En ce moment je ne peux pas trop m'occuper des problèmes avec mon H3 suite changement et travaux dans ma nouvelle maison.
J'ai réussi quand même à ré-installer les firmware sur la ST et sur la caméra.
Pour le faire j'ai pris une micro carte SD basic de 16 GB.
J'ai pu tout remettre convenablement sans aucun problème d'installation.
J'ai installé le Build 705 pour la caméra et le controller et le 780 pour APP.
Je n'ai plus le blocage pendant la phase de l'appairage.
J'ai complètement changé le mode pour enrigistré les Firmwares.
J'ai toujours une perte de wifi, entre la caméra et la ST.
Le retour vidéo se fige après quelques minutes voir quelques secondes.
Voyant de la caméra pourtant en vert fixe.
J'ai énormément d'appareils connectés en wifi chez moi, peut être la cause.
J'essaierai dès que j'aurais le temps de faire un test en extérieur.
Merci à DoomMeister et à WTFDproject pour vos conseils

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital