Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H920E

I have not seen any official announcements from Yuneec. Perhaps this was from the press announcement a few months ago.

I wonder if they will offer an upgrade path for the h920+ users. If the flight time is to be believed 60 mins would be pretty darn sweet.

What you think about the new Yuneec H920E drone? The post has found on Facebook from Yuneec Israël View attachment 19936
To bad it's fake, there is no listing anywhere for this.
Why would something "new" from Yuneec look exactly the same as 5he original H920 plus, sans camera?
Also, those "new" flight specs. look way to farfetched.
Who in their right mind would fly out to 10km distance?
And the "supposedly" listed / given ceiling height?

Red flags for some trolling anyone?

As the saying goes, if it's to good too be true, it usually is.?

That's right but Yuneec Israël post the pic, so I hope it's real
I have heard that it was posted for a very short time on the Israeli site and then almost immediately removed. I'm guessing someone posted it in error. It is possible the information is correct but not ready for release.

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
Using Pixhawk or PX4, a 10km range is actually pretty easy to accomplish if using the right radio system. I’ve got 2 non DJI systems that can well exceed 10km using Pixhawk, Futaba, and 900MhZ telemetry radio.

4000m altitude is also not all what difficult to accomplish as long as the props are configured and sized correctly. If you’ve got the battery capacity and headroom at the ESC’s the only limit is motor kV/RPM. Ain’t gonna happen with only a single 10,000mA battery though. Not when carrying any kind of payload.

I noticed the dimensions were 976x976x400. That’s larger than the original 920 by 56mm.

So this new concept is certainly doable from a flight platform perspective. The greater question is referenced payload availability and platform functionality.

Using Pixhawk or PX4, a 10km range is actually pretty easy to accomplish if using the right radio system. I’ve got 2 non DJI systems that can well exceed 10km using Pixhawk, Futaba, and 900MhZ telemetry radio.

4000m altitude is also not all what difficult to accomplish as long as the props are configured and sized correctly. If you’ve got the battery capacity and headroom at the ESC’s the only limit is motor kV/RPM. Ain’t gonna happen with only a single 10,000mA battery though. Not when carrying any kind of payload.

I noticed the dimensions were 976x976x400. That’s larger than the original 920 by 56mm.

So this new concept is certainly doable from a flight platform perspective. The greater question is referenced payload availability and platform functionality.
Interesting, you thinking they've lengthened arms 28mm... estimating a 19" vs 18" prop?
If so, that'd indicate an increase in motors & resulting power consumption into the mix.
Adding to the limitation of 10K mA battery.

Hard to say. The best way to increase payload capacity is to reduce kV, increase prop diameter, and increase ESC amp limits. I know we can get these things to altitude quite rapidly if you have adequate thrust and adjust FC climb and descent values. The problem is a straight climb or hover consumes battery quickly, and an extended, rapid climb consumes battery by what might seem an order of magnitude. As off as it may seem, forward flight consumes battery slower than hovering as the prop profile contributes to lift in forward/lateral flight. I estimate making a 0 to 4000m climb and safely returning would need 30,000+ 6s mA.

Keeping that in the back of my mind, I’m guessing that 4000m number is intended to represent a “critical altitude” reference. It could be used anywhere between 0 and 4000m but above that flight performance would be undesirable, if not outright dangerous.

The 60 minute flight time number is something viewed as ludicrous at this time, unless it has a real long extension cord...

At least Yuneec seems to be doing some study. H920 Rhino Project.

Around minute 5:00h in this video.

Attachments

• 975D25CA-94DE-4E0A-810D-297463C438EE.jpeg
    975D25CA-94DE-4E0A-810D-297463C438EE.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 296CF7C1-BE81-4E89-88D2-1CA705C7639A.png
    296CF7C1-BE81-4E89-88D2-1CA705C7639A.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 5991BAD9-8592-4F5E-883E-03FECACADEA3.png
    5991BAD9-8592-4F5E-883E-03FECACADEA3.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: 8terhoekdroneing
To bad it's fake, there is no listing anywhere for this.
Why would something "new" from Yuneec look exactly the same as 5he original H920 plus, sans camera?
Also, those "new" flight specs. look way to farfetched.
Who in their right mind would fly out to 10km distance?
And the "supposedly" listed / given ceiling height?

Red flags for some trolling anyone?

As the saying goes, if it's to good too be true, it usually is.?

Do you see and heard about project rhino? Project rhino is a new H920 with h520 hardware inside

How would we hear about a Rhino project? Yuneec keeps a tighter cover on their projects than a chastity belt on a 16 year old virgin in a bordello. Their work is so closely guarded even they don’t know what their doing.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish
How would we hear about a Rhino project? Yuneec keeps a tighter cover on their projects than a chastity belt on a 16 year old virgin in a bordello. Their work is so closely guarded even they don’t know what their doing.
In September between the first and 2nd wave of corona we saw the rhino or h920e during a flight weekend of DYDA and also saw it fly. They are still working to make things right and set up for the new EU rules.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval