Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec or DJI

@Windluv

Checkout this link in the MavicPilots forum Loss of connection.....loss of drone.

Just like this forum they have some very good experts that can give a heads up on what really happens and be able to give you ammo against DJI’s analysis of your aircraft. @sar104 is a very helpful and well respected member of that community.

I suggest you give them a shout.

I punched it into that thread. Thank you! Will see what those experts come up with and if it matches DJI analysis. Will update when I find out.

Drove back to the location this afternoon at low tide to check again. No flaying drone washed up or in the waves.

Thanks guys.

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
I have a Typhoon H and a Mavic Air, both used for family vacation stuff more than anything. If there is any walking involved the Mavic Air is with me, the H is just just much to be hiking around with, even with the backpack. But I will always have both in the car with me during long family vacations.

I have a Mavic Air too.....it’s my personal selfie fun drone....and I take it everywhere....traveling, weekends, on the bike, you name it.....it’s an amazing little bird and IMHO one of the very best drones on the market today. No drone is perfect but this little guy sure comes close.

I have a Mavic Air too.....it’s my personal selfie fun drone....and I take it everywhere....traveling, weekends, on the bike, you name it.....it’s an amazing little bird and IMHO one of the very best drones on the market today. No drone is perfect but this little guy sure comes close.
I'd agree, I can live with the WiFI RC, and the MasterScrew Props Gen2 help take it one more step closer to a great little craft. I'd really would like it to be even quieter.... that'd take a little bigger prop & slower RPM... could be done, might have to step Ft Props up a bit higher for clearance.

When I go for a ride on my motorbike and fancy taking a drone I take my P2V+ in a back-pack. I've tried taking my TH480 on my bike in the past but I find it just a bit too bulky for comfort.

I'm going on holiday (vacation) to Scotland in a week or so's time so I'l have both in the boot (trunk) of my car. One place I'm gonna visit while up there is a place called Lindisfarne Island (it's actually off the North East English coast but just a few miles from the Scottish boarder) but I'll be using the TH480 for that. A tidal causeway connects the island to the mainland and is spectacular if the weather is good. The TH480 will be perfect for that.

The great thing about the Mavic Air is it’s ultra portability. It’s pocket sized (cargo pocket) or easily packs in a saddlebag or glovebox......and with Gestures you have limited basic control for selfies and follows. Adding a 3 battery LiPo bag and controller is just a small additional bulk to have drone, controller (use phone for screen) and 4 batts: 3 in the bag and 1 in the bird.

1390497B-72A0-4F2A-8BE1-DA4F565D89CA.jpegDAEBDBB2-993D-4C41-A464-56131911929A.jpeg5D5302F1-C845-4827-B63F-1C9E5A564602.jpeg

Reactions: Sully53
Well, this pretty much sums it up.

I was/am frustrated with the Typhoon H Plus video feed. Just not comfortable flying in close to the water as is my norm; the pixilation in the live feed is to much to build confidence with when flying in close proximity over water or brush/vegetation. Not lag, but detail. I guess my own OCD. Covered in a different thread. Camera is really good for the $1-2k drone platform though.

So I sold my H Plus to a terrific member here and gave my 480H to my brother.

Purchased (sigh) two weeks ago a Mavic 2 Pro.

Video with Occusync 2 is incredible. It is like watching your TV at 1080p. I could see individual blades of grass blowing in the wind. Zero distortion, no pixilation, super confident. Flying at my normal test location I have used for 8 years in the south bay of San Francisco was perfect. I could see with better clarity then I ever have. The next day, Saturday, I flew the Mavic 2 at the coastal beach location 20 miles above Santa Cruz which I have been using for a while with the Typhoon H Plus: best flight I have had. I could see every scrap of the beach and waves in detail.

For 12 minutes or so.

I was performing my typical flight pattern and was returning back to my home position when the Mavic 2 disconnected suddenly in flight as I was slowing down to get a look at a sea otter below me; about 800' from my location.

Flat out disconnected; I then applied full throttle, RTH, no response.

First drone lost since 2013. Typhoon H's since 2016 never issue with. Totally reliable.

Attached is the PDF of the email support thread with DJI.

As I said in the email to them, over six years to decide to try them, and 2 weeks to realize what a mistake.

For now, I want to be droneless. The Typhoon H Plus camera is excellent, but is lacking in transmission feed relative to Autel and especially DJI. DJI video transmission is awesome; company is horrid. I guess Autel is in between. We need a state side drone with the same Occusync 2, Autel camera in a 1" format (for photography), Yuneec reliability and support.

The drones have been a time sync overall; just can't commit another $1-2k, let alone $5-10k for a true aerial camera with respect to a Fuji or such.

Wow.

I’ve got a hard case too for normal carrying.....the small ones are for travel or tossing in a saddlebag.

GREAT image!

Yeah, my cat seeing that would be like my Beagle when he sees a rabbit.....

Reactions: PatR
Even taking the full package...charger, power pak, etc; still a ultra small package.
Even when compared to a cute Persian kitty! :)

View attachment 17741View attachment 17740

That was not at all “fair dinkum”. You told me you don’t use your cat in posts and here you are doing that, and doing a darn fine job of it. How the heck can anyone find fault with a product when an elegant Persian cat sits next to it in support?

Good lookin’ cats, from another cat lover.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
That was not at all “fair dinkum”. You told me you don’t use your cat in posts and here you are doing that, and doing a darn fine job of it. How the heck can anyone find fault with a product when an elegant Persian cat sits next to it in support?

Good lookin’ cats, from another cat lover.
If put that way, I'd agree with that... the MA isn't very photogenic without a Persian.
Recall that I said loved big cats & house cats... don't use them as "Props", but she kept gettin in the middle; so dinkum trueness still in play? ;)

But they are a weakness, beautiful personalities... all different. Actually, truth be told... I hadn't planned her in shot... but the little calico "Coco" is my little Techno Kitty. She hops up and loves to watch the mouse, any thing techie... she likes to get in the middle. Removed her twice and she seemed to want to be in the middle.

We used to breed "Doll Eye" Persians... as with Coco, no negative nose. Dad's full black with straight flat face, Mom full white with little nose, both copper eyes. The Mom's Grandma was a Calico... had 5 liters before we got a full white and cali... , other one "Chanel" is a blue / grey smoke with cheetah outlined eyes... put the 2 girls together Coco Chanel (Wife Named them)... everyone now fixed and happy gang.

When I go for a ride on my motorbike and fancy taking a drone I take my P2V+ in a back-pack. I've tried taking my TH480 on my bike in the past but I find it just a bit too bulky for comfort.

I'm going on holiday (vacation) to Scotland in a week or so's time so I'l have both in the boot (trunk) of my car. One place I'm gonna visit while up there is a place called Lindisfarne Island (it's actually off the North East English coast but just a few miles from the Scottish boarder) but I'll be using the TH480 for that. A tidal causeway connects the island to the mainland and is spectacular if the weather is good. The TH480 will be perfect for that.
Northumberland does have some nice places.

Reactions: FlushVision
Northumberland does have some nice places.
I might sus out Bamburgh Castle too while I'm in the area. Looks like there are places to take off from in the surrounding dunes...but I'll play that one under advisement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital