Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec or DJI

Thanks guys. Really.
It's no problem with my wife as it's my personal $ from everything from birthdays to Christmas or any of that sort of thing and I can use the $ I make off of the Amazon card. I also have $150 allotted a month for entertainment and she isnt actually into anything but I usually buy blurays with most of it. I really like movies and although we have both Amazon prime and 4k Netflix usually like to watch the extras on the disc that they dont show. Dont go to the theater very often as my equipment is far better. In fact I cant remember the last time I went where there wasnt an issue with either the picture or sound. When I saw endgame the whole left side surround wasnt working. Meant to say something after but I was with my son and forgot as we were leaving.
I havent had a powerful computer in a long time and definately dont like the sound of paying big bucks for editing software. Figured I could play it back through my phone or tablets on my TVs or screen. Am I wrong about that? There must be a free program that can at least stitch together the 5 minute segments on android? Will the st16 hdmi output playback 4k?
I'm not deliberately being ignorant about it, it hadn't even crossed my mind. UGH....
Funny thing is I own the yuneec goggles as I found someone on Ebay in the US selling them brand new for $40 plus 3 shipping. They were brand new and work. Hooked them up to a bluray player directly.
Actually kind of weird as its sold as DJI spark fpv goggles but they are actually yuneec skyview. The guy is still selling them for $48.95 with free shipping. Mine came in a few days.
Not sure about playing back through an Android device. Never tried it and have never investigated it. Does your tv have a USB port?

You can use your older computer but you are unlikely to be able to see or work with 4K content. There are free video editors out there. Do a search.

I have not seen anything like that on the H Plus. It really sounds like an antenna problem. At 2000' I get good video feed with very little lag. In fact, I just tested it today by using Home mode to see how long it would take to see the rotation to fly home. It was nearly instantaneous.
I've heard of pictures freezing and pixalation, is this a US Firmware trait? Eu version you just get blank screen and "Reconnecting". Your flying along fine video is fine then bang it goes! There's no warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, USB ports on everything and some things with sdcard slots.
Never tried playing anything back on USB or sd on any of my screens. Does a 4k TV usually play back a 4k usb/sd? I'll see what I can find in the manuals.
Hmmm. Looking at specs I believe my displays and 4k bluray players can only play back 1080p at 60fps max mpeg4 through USB. Probably the same for sdcard.

Last edited:
1080 is still a lot better than 720 or 480. Couple years ago I shot a guy’s house in 4k. He wanted to see the unedited video so he fired up his computer. Slid the card in, got it running and his computer locked up. Turned out he bought it when 240p was the latest, greatest...

Well, this pretty much sums it up.

I was/am frustrated with the Typhoon H Plus video feed. Just not comfortable flying in close to the water as is my norm; the pixilation in the live feed is to much to build confidence with when flying in close proximity over water or brush/vegetation. Not lag, but detail. I guess my own OCD. Covered in a different thread. Camera is really good for the $1-2k drone platform though.

So I sold my H Plus to a terrific member here and gave my 480H to my brother.

Purchased (sigh) two weeks ago a Mavic 2 Pro.

Video with Occusync 2 is incredible. It is like watching your TV at 1080p. I could see individual blades of grass blowing in the wind. Zero distortion, no pixilation, super confident. Flying at my normal test location I have used for 8 years in the south bay of San Francisco was perfect. I could see with better clarity then I ever have. The next day, Saturday, I flew the Mavic 2 at the coastal beach location 20 miles above Santa Cruz which I have been using for a while with the Typhoon H Plus: best flight I have had. I could see every scrap of the beach and waves in detail.

For 12 minutes or so.

I was performing my typical flight pattern and was returning back to my home position when the Mavic 2 disconnected suddenly in flight as I was slowing down to get a look at a sea otter below me; about 800' from my location.

Flat out disconnected; I then applied full throttle, RTH, no response.

First drone lost since 2013. Typhoon H's since 2016 never issue with. Totally reliable.

Attached is the PDF of the email support thread with DJI.

As I said in the email to them, over six years to decide to try them, and 2 weeks to realize what a mistake.

For now, I want to be droneless. The Typhoon H Plus camera is excellent, but is lacking in transmission feed relative to Autel and especially DJI. DJI video transmission is awesome; company is horrid. I guess Autel is in between. We need a state side drone with the same Occusync 2, Autel camera in a 1" format (for photography), Yuneec reliability and support.

The drones have been a time sync overall; just can't commit another $1-2k, let alone $5-10k for a true aerial camera with respect to a Fuji or such.

Attachments

• dji-support-1.pdf
    508.1 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Sully53
Yep, those unreliable Dji's. (sigh)
State side drones would cost 2 to 3x more if not more.
Sorry about your mishap, but I'm sure you'll be itching for another drone here soon?

I was/am frustrated with the Typhoon H Plus video feed. Just not comfortable flying in close to the water as is my norm; the pixilation in the live feed is to much to build confidence with when flying in close proximity over water or brush/vegetation. Not lag, but detail. I guess my own OCD. Covered in a different thread. Camera is really good for the $1-2k drone platform though.

Video with Occusync 2 is incredible. It is like watching your TV at 1080p. I could see individual blades of grass blowing in the wind. Zero distortion, no pixilation, super confident. Flying at my normal test location I have used for 8 years in the south bay of San Francisco was perfect. I could see with better clarity then I ever have. The next day, Saturday, I flew the Mavic 2 at the coastal beach location 20 miles above Santa Cruz which I have been using for a while with the Typhoon H Plus: best flight I have had. I could see every scrap of the beach and waves in detail.

For 12 minutes or so.

I was performing my typical flight pattern and was returning back to my home position when the Mavic 2 disconnected suddenly in flight as I was slowing down to get a look at a sea otter below me; about 800' from my location.

First drone lost since 2013. Typhoon H's since 2016 never issue with. Totally reliable.

As I said in the email to them, over six years to decide to try them, and 2 weeks to realize what a mistake.

For now, I want to be droneless. The Typhoon H Plus camera is excellent, but is lacking in transmission feed relative to Autel and especially DJI. DJI video transmission is awesome; company is horrid. I guess Autel is in between. We need a state side drone with the same Occusync 2, Autel camera in a 1" format (for photography), Yuneec reliability and support.

The drones have been a time sync overall; just can't commit another $1-2k, let alone $5-10k for a true aerial camera with respect to a Fuji or such.
Dang... sorry to hear your adventures and the loss of craft. That was an interesting read too! That is an oddity... especially since RTH didn't function as designed. I've been around many objects that could have the potential to cause interference or disconnect without issue with several DJI platforms, and flown out a great distance (VLOS) in valleys without issues, I've found the Occusync extremely reliable in comparison to other options. With any craft, we'll always have a few oddities possible, sounds like you've had your statical oddity ratio satisfied. :( Hopefully lightening doesn't strike twice... and your luck is positive going forward.

On a personal side, I've always been a little cautious over water... not that radio operation are vastly different but the simple fear that "IF" it goes down... the splash would be hard to watch. Did you have to endure the pain and watch it fly off or into water? Again, sorry to hear of lost craft, stings even more when it's a new craft!

Hate to hear about your troubles with your Mavic.

Lesson to be learned here, fly in populated areas over land where no matter what happens you can retrieve the pieces of the aircraft. Don’t fly over water unless you attach a water retrieval system to the aircraft.

They keep saying the Mavic was struck by some object, but what I gathered from your original letter was that the aircraft was 800 feet away at about 20 feet above the surface of 1 to 2 foot waves. There is no mention of pelicans or gulls near the aircraft. Therefore nothing that could impact the Mavic. I got a little frosted when their second reply just addressed you as Dear Customer instead of your proper name as in their first reply. Pretty (word that rhymes with pretty) CS in my opinion.

BTW, I watched your H+ being flown by the new owner. He was quite happy with it. You might consider going back to an H+ and using a small FPV camera attached to it for video feedback. My son does FPV flying with sub 250g UAV’s and the camera feed is much more reliable being an RF as opposed to a WiFi signal. Although I do agree that if DJI can give such a good video feed , why do others have so much trouble doing it.

Hope you can find a viable solution and return to the air soon.

For 12 minutes or so.

You did not set the RTH properly.

Yep, those unreliable Dji's. (sigh)
State side drones would cost 2 to 3x more if not more.
Sorry about your mishap, but I'm sure you'll be itching for another drone here soon?

Don’t knock it until you try it... Yuneec is unreliable and I really hope they are listening.

It's a painful event to loose a aircraft.... especially in water without recovery... I agree with @DoomMeister to attach a water retrieval if intending to fly over water regularly. I've read where Owners have sent the aircraft back for an exchange, regardless of condition after a splash when recovered with the GetterBack. Amazon.com: GetterBack: Kitchen & Dining

I can understand both sides of the replacement coverage discussion and I wish ya luck in any remote chance they'll replace. I'd agree if telemetry shows the aircraft splashed and they can examine the logs leading up to event... I'd think there would be a replacement option... maybe at higher cost than when craft is returned but still an offer to replace. Although at this stage, I'd probably take the 15%... did they indicate the replacement cost for just the M2P without the full package of battery & radio, etc... $600, 700?

Not to throw stones after your event... but I've experienced very good service from DJI on multiple tickets... several pricey cameras, and electronics (Lightbridge units & A3 Pro GPS IMU) that would be pricey to repair. I've purchased on eBay to save a bit and then discovered that the didn't work correctly... sent them in for repair, waiting for a high estimate to repair and all so far have been "Free" replacements performed with a nice tracking process & 2-way communications with prompt paid shipping going both directions. I sent two separate times: Z3 camera ($850 common cost) that I purchased at a low price knowing they needed repaired... shipped off wrapped in bubble warp and they returned in nice fitting cases and free repairs.

You're situation really sucks... I feel that for ya; but comparing service & replacement with other companies... I doubt any of them would replace the aircraft without the original being sent in. The new DJI Repair service system format in my opinion totally reverses their previous poor service for repairs.

Don’t knock it until you try it... Yuneec is unreliable and I really hope they are listening.
I've been using my H for over two years, it works perfectly and never any issues.
Kept my fingers from performing surgery.
Only draw back is the 12mpx camera.

I don't think it's brand focused on lost crafts... all the forums have multiple posts lost crafts, out of control, odd disconnects, etc. The frustration remains... craft lost, money lost, and time to replace a headache.

I personally haven't experienced an RC disconnect but in a sort... it's kinda like riding cycles or bikes, it's not "if" you go down it's "when" you go down... Never had a crash, last Fall on a leisure ride blew a ft tire on a curve resulting in a dislocated shoulder, 2 breaks in clavicle, ruined helmet and a sore 60 yr old body.

We can do our best to maintain equipment... but if it flys, dives or rolls... it can fail.

I've been using my H for over two years, it works perfectly and never any issues.

I envy you. Before, I got my TH Plus, I did my homework in the H forum, read reviews of the H, and reviews in all video platforms... And when I got the TH Plus... BAM!!!!

You have read the TH Plus threads, some will admit that there’s a problem or others will admit 5 months later [emoji23]

For whatever it’s worth Yuneec has a great product, smooth, and predictable specially in the field that I am in... BUT! We have to honest that the connectivity is a bit annoying, and Yuneec mentioned this to be their Achilles heel at CES 2019

I have mapped with my TH Plus and worked with it in busy locations, but I just wished that I can totally eliminate the seed of doubts in my head.

My recent encounter was a wobble, while I was doing an inspection, and what makes matters worst is that I had an audience, and was performing for a new client, Central Cement.

When something goes wrong with my drones, it sets me back and also my confidence. For weeks now, I have been trying to figure out what happened. Recently, I have been trying to recall of past events, and I noted an event back on April 5. And one thing that I’ve forgotten to do, after that event was do an IMU recalibration.

This week, I have been slowly regaining confidence back into flying my TH Plus, because you see, a small or big hiccup means a lot to me and every small glitch, I have to find out what caused it, where it is coming from, and find a way to solve it, because if not it becomes a liability.

Not every drone is perfect, and never will be as you know.
Hey I had a mishap when landing my drone. I was doing a project for a HVAC company installing commercial A/C on Walgreen's roof's.
How embarrassing it was, but I was able to continue with them for other projects.

Now if this were happening constantly then it would be an issue for me too.
Liability, that's why we carry insurance.
I don't get spooked to easily. Things happen, you can't let it discourage you to a point of being confused.

As there are no component, assembly, structural, electrical, or functional certification standards for drones we must accept we get what we get and they work or they don't. We have nothing to fall back on to assure us that each and every unit was manufactured correctly, or with high quality components. There's also the fact that in any development and production process there will be some percentage of failures. If there were certification standards the failures would usually be caught before they were shipped for distribution, but as each unit is not flight tested the failures hit the shelves for us to encounter and deal with.

These are not certified aircraft folks. In fact they are imported as "toys". Pricey toys, but toys just the same.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
@DoomMeister @AH-1G @Dougcjohn @RPR @PatR

Thank you. I appreciate the comments and your care. Just re-affirms how good this group is.

I am going to concentrate on my still photography with location shooting of my fiancée and go on some short trips for just scenic shots (was supposed to be with drone, sigh) for a while. I need this to settle a bit.

I want to wait to see what Yuneec and Autel come out with next.

I will be back in the air.

@DoomMeister @AH-1G @Dougcjohn @RPR @PatR

Thank you. I appreciate the comments and your care. Just re-affirms how good this group is.

I am going to concentrate on my still photography with location shooting of my fiancée and go on some short trips for just scenic shots (was supposed to be with drone, sigh) for a while. I need this to settle a bit.

I want to wait to see what Yuneec and Autel come out with next.

I will be back in the air.
Great to hear... Enjoy!!
Ahhhhh... I recall the days of photographing my Fiancee... She was always Sooooo Nice!! ?

Another one to watch that is sneaking quietly in the side door... Parrot. They just received the US Military contract for the development of the new small rucksack packable Forward Recon Drone. Won the slot out of 6 candidates that had met all the specifications. Think Anafi Thermo and shrink it 40-50%, whisper quite, capable to stream video back to HQ and 30 min minimum fly time.... and needless to mention, BVLOS. If that technology and similar design gets applied to civilian sUAV, would be a challenging market. ?

Reactions: Windluv
@Windluv

Checkout this link in the MavicPilots forum Loss of connection.....loss of drone.

Just like this forum they have some very good experts that can give a heads up on what really happens and be able to give you ammo against DJI’s analysis of your aircraft. @sar104 is a very helpful and well respected member of that community.

I suggest you give them a shout.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval