Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec or DJI

Sort of.... I bought a Tello to play with. It says DJI, except it is built by Ryse. DJI just provided some electronics. It did, first thing out of the box, make me update it before I could fly it. It is a fun little thing though. (Don't shoot me, I bought a Typhoon H right after it to go with my Q500 4K, and to repent). ?

Many of us on this Forum have multiple brands including me. I still fly the H but my go-to model for good video and pics is the H Plus. The Phantom collects dust. The Anafi gets exercised occasionally but doesn't have the quality of the Plus. The only place I can find to land the Disco is at the airport and they seem to frown on that. Interestingly the RC park was right next to the airport until about 6 years ago.

Sort of.... I bought a Tello to play with. It says DJI, except it is built by Ryse. DJI just provided some electronics. It did, first thing out of the box, make me update it before I could fly it. It is a fun little thing though. (Don't shoot me, I bought a Typhoon H right after it to go with my Q500 4K, and to repent). ?
I've got one of those Tello's to, fun to crash into walls. What I'm finding is that my Typhoon H has it's place and the Mavic 2 pro it's.

Reactions: ChuckBridges
Many of us on this Forum have multiple brands including me. I still fly the H but my go-to model for good video and pics in the H Plus. The Phantom collects dust. The Anafi gets exercised occasionally but doesn't have the quality of the Plus. The only place I can find to land the Disco is at the airport and they seem to frown on that. Interestingly the RC park was right next to the airport until about 6 years ago.
Yea have a few myself Steve. Just wanted a 1" sensor on the camera and looked at photo's from a few and didn't see much difference, but did see a $$$$ difference. I'm a cheap basterd. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
I have a Mavic Air that is my Personal Selfie Fun Drone. I fly it a lot and take it with me when I’m out on the bike or just want a quickly deployable aircraft.....I also use it to scout locations before I show up with the H+. It’s great as a pocket drone and you don’t even need a controller to fly it if you’re just doing follow me selfies. Takes great images and videos too. For the money it’s a brilliant piece of kit.

I’ve gone as far as I can with Yuneec. If I want to up my game, the next step is an I2 with Zenmuse X5S. I’m actively looking for a good deal on a used bundle, so maybe soon I’ll add an Inspire 2 to the fleet.

I have a Mavic Air that is my Personal Selfie Fun Drone. I fly it a lot and take it with me when I’m out on the bike or just want a quickly deployable aircraft.....I also use it to scout locations before I show up with the H+. It’s great as a pocket drone and you don’t even need a controller to fly it if you’re just doing follow me selfies. Takes great images and videos too. For the money it’s a brilliant piece of kit.

I’ve gone as far as I can with Yuneec. If I want to up my game, the next step is an I2 with Zenmuse X5S. I’m actively looking for a good deal on a used bundle, so maybe soon I’ll add an Inspire 2 to the fleet.
I think multiple drones make you a better pilot. They all fly a little different and there uses are to.

Ive got an h plus and a mavic air. So far, the h plus has been a bit glitchy,, or perhaps I just dont know how to make it work correctly?

Reactions: Tom Chastain
Ive got an h plus and a mavic air. So far, the h plus has been a bit glitchy,, or perhaps I just dont know how to make it work correctly?
My Typhoon H Pro has always been rock steady. Sorry you're having trouble with yours. DJI and Yuneec do fly different.

I think multiple drones make you a better pilot. They all fly a little different and there uses are to.

Especially the little toys....I’ve got 3 micro drones: JJRC H20 six rotor and Syma X20 that are both palm sized, and a Hubsan Nano Q4 that is the size of my thumb. The X20 and H20 are pretty easy to fly, but you gotta keep on your toes. The tiny Q4 though, that little bugger is a real challenge.

Once I got a Mi Wi-Fi extender for the Tello, it really opened up.The Tello’s biggest weakness is it’s terrible built in wi-fi....the powered extender really helped that out.

I have 4 DJI. i1, i2, MP, and M2P
Each has their own use, but has flown my Yuneec H Plus more. Deep within I’m a hex fan.

Like you, for my own reasons, I have gone as far as I can with the current Yuneec. Purchased the 480H a bit after they came out and the H Plus this past summer. 480H was limited in camera but the flight modes and especially cruise was awesome. The limited camera begot the H Plus: camera is fantastic.

I do not work commercial, only as an 'amateur' videographer and long time ago photo-journalist with expectations.

The main failing for me, with how I shoot, is the video feed. The 480H was better then the H Plus in this regard. The extreme pixilation even 50 yards away prevents me from controlling and visualizing the shot. I fly slow and low, 5 feet or less above water. I see the close proximity items except the water with clarity, but anything more the 10 yards away is pixelated.

The second issue is the 'freezing' of the video feed in camera mode. It is like driving at 10mph with your eyes closed for 2 seconds.

I am still vetting alternatives, but I believe the Inspire 2 with a X5 or X7 is the path. Just dang expensive.

Reactions: LinsonW
but anything more the 10 yards away is pixelated.
I have not seen anything like that on the H Plus. It really sounds like an antenna problem. At 2000' I get good video feed with very little lag. In fact, I just tested it today by using Home mode to see how long it would take to see the rotation to fly home. It was nearly instantaneous.

I have not seen anything like that on the H Plus. It really sounds like an antenna problem. At 2000' I get good video feed with very little lag. In fact, I just tested it today by using Home mode to see how long it would take to see the rotation to fly home. It was nearly instantaneous.

It is not lag, but quality, good Steve Carr.

A prior thread I started :

Yuneec did apparently replace the VTX in the camera, and it was better (almost a 2 month turn around for them to repair). The quality on the test run was almost identical to the video's that RPR shoots showing the live feed from the controller. However, above water and when turning the H to point back to me, the video feed is much worse. I still cannot distinguish myself from bushes at 10-20 yards away. This just is not good enough - for me. Especially relative to the Autel and the Occusync 1/2. The Occusync 2 is incredible. For me. I love the Yuneec. Just upgrade it; don't re-invent it like they did with the H Plus.

Over the years I've had 3 drones. The first was a P2V then a P2v+. Early June 2016 saw my TH being delivered to me and shortly after that I retired my P2V (it's sat on a shelf gathering dust now). Technically, then, I have 3 drones but one of them is no longer used. I still regularly fly my P2V+ which is over 4 years old now and two of it's original batteries are still good. My go-to drone, though, is my H480. A bit quirky but fantastic to fly.

Reactions: Tom Chastain
The limitation of the TH Plus is the Build/Firmware. When I first bought mine, it came with Build 757. I only have one issue, and that is the ascending symptom, and the workaround was to wait until the satellite connectivity turns green. No biggie, and the ship flew FANTASTICALLY for a couple of months, until they released a new build/firmware 777 (this build got me banned from the forum [emoji23]) Build 777 lasted for 1 month, then the Holy Grail of all builds came out. Build 784.

Build 784 is the most enjoyable build. BUT! I could not fly beyond 1000ft, no biggie, because the hiccups was minimal to none, and I don’t fly over 1000ft for work. and then later, a simple gps module relocation mod. took care of it, enabling the sUAS to fly beyond.

Compass Relocation

The ascending issue came back, with the release of Build 822/829 and the satellites was false peaking. What is worst Yuneec locked members from using the common basic tools IMU, GYRO, and RC mapping. And a new error in mid flight came up, EKF Gyro IMU bias. S M H

I grounded my H Plus for 3wks, coincidentally, one member wrote She's feeling naked now - Removed RS Module

This took care of the ascending problem, but it was giving me an “ultrasonic sensor not working” notification, and the sonars cannot identify an object in front of it. So, I installed the RS back, with a temporary solution of reshielding the RS with copper foil.

My temporary solution, and field report: Reached 1 mile with Build 822

The TH Plus is a great ship, the downfall is Yuneec, because it seems as though they are not consistent, their beta testers are none other than the each individuals in this forum.

What’s worst, instead of improving the TH Plus, because it has not yet matured in the market. Yuneec is willing to drop the TH PLUS, and just opt to making a TH Plus V2.

Reactions: biltno
Atleast 3 different brands in My hangar. Yuneec, DJI, and the Dutch Sky-Hero. Sky-Hero is a kit of carbon tubes and plates and all electronics is up to the builder to choose what he wants. The Sky-Hero is 580 mm in diameter c/c engines and is a blast to fly. Yuneec Typhoon H and a Mantis Q. And a little DJI Spark as a lifesaver. A Eachine 220 Falcon for racing is also in the hangar.831947D5-B216-4CDA-97EB-1C208FDDFEF7.jpeg831947D5-B216-4CDA-97EB-1C208FDDFEF7.jpegF5678CA4-29BD-4321-8F5D-E3B82EEA4F10.jpeg

The x7 is hard to beat. I enjoy watching Armadas videos
They remained untainted by DJI, and not sponsored by them, as well as Brandon Li. Who remained top masterclass that are not with DJI.

Reactions: KellyR
Atleast 3 different brands in My hangar. Yuneec, DJI, and the Dutch Sky-Hero. Sky-Hero is a kit of carbon tubes and plates and all electronics is up to the builder to choose what he wants. The Sky-Hero is 580 mm in diameter c/c engines and is a blast to fly. Yuneec Typhoon H and a Mantis Q. And a little DJI Spark as a lifesaver. A Eachine 220 Falcon for racing is also in the hangar.View attachment 16617View attachment 16617View attachment 16616
That Sky HERO is BAD Mama!!! I once looked at the possibility of getting the Sky-Hero Spyder6 and specially nowadays that action cams has great built in stabilization, DYI kits are back in the scene again.

Reactions: Deleted member 6299
That Sky HERO is BAD Mama!!! I once looked at the possibility of getting the Sky-Hero Spyder6 and specially nowadays that action cams has great built in stabilization, DYI kits are back in the scene again.

I can only agree with you. And it flies wonderful. I bought a Canon Powershot sx740 hs with 40x zoom and 20 mpix cam that will mount in that bad mama. Right now I have a Gopro hero 5 session but it’s not enough, more wants more!

Reactions: RPR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz