Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Q500 4k All motors failing in GUI plus binding issues

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have Yuneec Q500 4K copter. I never flew this systems; it was brand new sitting in the box.
I started using it three days ago and found numerous issues/problems with the System; especially with:

1. ESC Assignment to all motors in Yuneec GUI Software is failing constantly.
-- Clicking on the "Esc Assignment" tab indicates to rotate the motors in respective directions.
-- However, rotating rotor A in Clockwise direction does not beep anything. Also there is no shift to other motors; B, C and D.

2. The second issue is with the Drone binding with the ST 10+.
The drone main LED is always blinking RED. Lifting the drone at angle of 45 degree and backward is not working at all.
The LED color is not shifting to "ORANGE". This indicates a clear binding problem of Drone with ST10+!

3. The Third issue is with the GPS Lock. The ST10+ always stays on the status of "GPS Acquiring".
I tested the drone in open field with clear view of 100 degrees.
a). I tried starting the drone motors with GPS Disabled in "Angle Mode" but it never worked.
The main LED stayed in RED blinking all the time.

3. I also received the error message "motor error, enter five rotor mode! Please land immediately" pops up on the ST10+
I do not know why my drone is giving me this error. This is 4 motor model not 5 motors.
It seems my unit has both software and hardware issues.

It seems to me that there is a serious manufacturing error in the system.
I shipped the system to Yuneec repair center but the cost it to high (more than $300).
The repair center is charging for labor and replacing all the four props and motors.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

In what country are you located?
If you can't get past step 1, none of the others will work. If this was a new Q500 it should have been set up ready to fly right out of the box.

In what country are you located?
If you can't get past step 1, none of the others will work. If this was a new Q500 it should have been set up ready to fly right out of the box.

Thanks Steve for your prompt reply.
I live in Maryland.

I agree with you on what you just pointed out to me. This is brand new drone but it was sitting in the box for months.

It's very unusual that all the 4 motors are failing and GUI is showing "Esc assignment failed". All other systems and sensors are work just fine!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Very unusual for sure. Is this not covered by a warranty repair? It should have had a 1yr warranty.

Very unusual for sure. Is this not covered by a warranty repair? It should have had a 1yr warranty.

I bought this unit in the month of July 2016. Now the warranty period is expired and the repair center estimates are too high ($ 331 labor plus 4 motors).

Hate to ask this but...........is it possible you had the Q flipped 180 degrees from the picture in the GUI?

When doing the ESC assignment. The first time I did this I didn't realize I had the Q sitting in the wrong orientation.

When doing the ESC assignment. The first time I did this I didn't realize I had the Q sitting in the wrong orientation.

I kept my drone at one position all the time on leveled surface. I did not notice whether my orientation was correct or not. Is this is something that's stopping my motors to start?

When you connect it to the GUI you must face the Q500 in the same direction as it is in the picture in the GUI. If you have it rotated 180 degrees the motors will appear to be in the wrong position.

When you connect it to the GUI you must face the Q500 in the same direction as it is in the picture in the GUI. If you have it rotated 180 degrees the motors will appear to be in the wrong position.

Yes, the drone always faced as it's shown in GUI. When I click on ESC ID assignment tab it indicates to rotate motor one in clock wise direction, however, doing this never produce any confirmation tone nor it shifts to motor two and onwards.

With in 3 to 5 seconds system pops up the message " ESC assignment failed".

I would try it again and turn other motors to see if any generate a response to the #1 position.

I have tried every single combination but every time ESC failed.
No response or aural tones from motor 2, 3 and 4 plus GUI is not indicating any shift.

The drone main LED is always blinking in RED.
As per Yuneec Instruction Manual on page 34 it is stated that "Typhoon Pulses RED and won't start means component disconnected, failed or not assigned properly".

It looks like something is disconnected from inside.
I am thinking to open the drone and manual test all the systems.

Okay. So in the battery compartment there is just a single connector that you pull out and connect to?

Okay. So in the battery compartment there is just a single connector that you pull out and connect to?

Yes you are very much right. There is only one connector.
Initially I did not notice it and I was trying the old method of using tweezers and pulling out the connector from the right side of the drone but later I found out that there was no need of doing all this.

May be this has done something bad inside the connections.

Right. If you pulled on the connector inside it may have separated the connector a bit. That could cause this problem I believe.

Reactions: Flying Bird
Right. If you pulled on the connector inside it may have separated the connector a bit. That could cause this problem I believe.

Yes, I pulled it many times as I was thinking that this is the only way to connect/Interface with GUI.
I used tweezers to pull it out and it was very hard to come out from its compartment.

Later, I found out that there was no need of doing all that effort.

I am thinking to open the drone and press all the connectors firmly.

Reactions: Azrul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval