Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Q500 4k All motors failing in GUI plus binding issues

I agree. Sounds like it may have pulled apart somewhere. Sadly, there are 63 screws to remove. I think they are 1.0 and 1.5 mm. It works much better if you have long shaft hex drivers. It's all too easy to over tighten them when reassembling.

See if you can get a closer look at the inside connection to see if it looks like it's plugged in completely.

Sure, I will open the drone and check all the connections.
I will definitely keep you in the loop.

Thank you for all the support and sparing time for all this!

I agree. Sounds like it may have pulled apart somewhere. Sadly, there are 63 screws to remove. I think they are 1.0 and 1.5 mm. It works much better if you have long shaft hex drivers. It's all too easy to over tighten them when reassembling.

Yes, It is more work for me but I would happy to see my bird flying!
I have all the tools that you just mentioned in your post (i.e. Long shaft hex drivers).

I hope this will work out for me!

Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: Steve Carr
You can repair nearly everything on a Q500 except the camera. When testing, I always remove the cam until I'm certain every thing is airworthy.

You can repair nearly everything on a Q500 except the camera. When testing, I always remove the cam until I'm certain every thing is airworthy.

That's a good suggestion. Thanks for sharing it with me!!!
I will take care of that and will not install my camera until everything is as you said "airworthy"

63 screws? Sweet Jesus. That's where the repair cost comes from. It's not the work, it's the keeping up with all them screws! lol

Hopefully the 63 screws is the hard part and the rest of the repair is gravy!

Yeah, it's a pain. Not too bad if you have the long shaft drivers. With an allen wrench it's an all day job.

That's okay to remove them, but you have to install by hand to feel when they're tight. Way too easy to strip them.

However, there aren't many bits that will fit into those deep pockets so a driver is still the best method.

I can butcher a skinny driver to fit in the chuck. Which is yet another reason I don't need to touch it.

If you get the acrylic handled drivers, a few good whacks with a hammer will bust the handles off, and if the end of the shaft has a flange on it, that might be enough for the chuck to hold.
Otherwise you need a good cutter to slice the shaft.

I agree with you Steve on:
"However, there aren't many bits that will fit into those deep pockets so a driver is still the best method."

Also, DrNewcenstein is right about tiring job of 63 screws!

I have received my Drone from the repair center. The cost was way above my budget, therefore, I decided to fix it on my own. Steve was very resourceful and I appreciate all the feedback from his side during the last week.

I will open my drone tomorrow and try to fix the problem. I will post all the pictures.

This message is especially for Steve.
Steve your prompt suggestions guided me in the right directions!!!

I took decision to fix my drone on my own rather than Yuneec Repair Center (charging me $362 including shipping) fixing it for me. I called the repair center to return my drone with out any repairs.

Guess what? Your guidance worked for me very well!
1. I opened the Drone using the L keys set (1.5 mm and 2.00 mm).
(It took me roughly 2 hrs to disassemble and assemble the drone in operational state.)

2. I firmly pressed all the connectors inside the drone.
(Thanks to Steve who suggested me for this.)

3. I opened the GUI Software to made sure that all systems are giving healthy status.
Yes, all 4 motors are Green and ESC Assignment is working just fine!

4. I am able to test all the 4 motors. GPS status = locked and Binding is perfect!

I will post details and all pictures after this post for everyone.

I am sure it will benefit someone in the drone community.

I am available to answer any questions regarding Yuneec Q500 Typhoon issues.

Best. Kamran

In what country are you located?
If this was a new Q500 it should have been set up ready to fly right out of the box.
Steve Carr... I have a used Q500 that I am trying to connect to the GUI but before i attempted that i had to remove an ESC because it would emit a puff of smoke whenever the bird was powered up, I get a GPS sensor not detected message and the ST10+ will not see the 2.4ghz receiver in the bird, are all these errors because the ESC and motor are missing? it would seem so based on your reply...."If you can't get past step 1, none of the others will work".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio