Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Q500 4K Gimbal- 3 Wires Issue

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the forums and recently new drone flier. I recently purchased a Q500 4K drone 3 days ago and loved it ever since. Just today, after the landing the drone and capturing some footage, I have noticed that the 3 wires had ripped from the gimbal itself. I have noticed in the forums that this is a common issue and there are videos of repairing it. I called Yuneec Customer Service about the issue, they claimed it was a "crash", and were asking $50 per hr for repairs. I bought this from Best Buy and I have a Rewardzone membership which allows me to return it within 30-45 days of purchase. I am deciding whether I should repair it (missing soldering tools) or should just play it safe and return it back to the retailer?

I wouldn't mind getting another one.

If you like to see the images or a video, please let me know.

Thanks!

Exactly what I was thinking. If it happens over and over again for the same issue, its not worth the money and the time to do the repairs. I really hope Yuneec finds a solution to it because I chose this over the DJI because of the Audio feature (yeah I like hearing the rotor sounds :p ) If I am lucky to get another one, the I pick one up right way.

I crashed my Typhoon 4K 2 weeks ago and the camera gimbal fell apart from the drone, I did,t notice any damage to the exterior of the camera and gimbal, just the 3 wires connecting the camera to gimbal ripped from the circuit board in the gimbal. I took it to a shop where they specialize in repairing drones of any brand. After 3 days or so of trying to repair it they called me saying the camera couldn't be fixed. The crash wasn't at all that bad, only 6 feet above the ground while playing around with it around my house (only flew it over my property). Crashed it into my window. The Camera has video feed and all, only it won't boot completely after turning the drone on, the camera just keeps on tilting from one side to the other until l turn it off. I haven't talk called Yuneec because I know it will take about a month to get my camera back. But I will call them though.

I just returned it and got a new one. Thank goodness for the RewardZone membership and luckily it was 3 days old. If It happens again and its after the return time, I will purchase a solder and couple wires to repair it. Just weird that Yuneec wanted to claim its a crash and charge $50 per hour just to repair it even though the wires were ripped.

I will look into properly securing the wires so that it won't rip again on the new one. I am also looking to changing those rubber shocks for some springs because rubber shocks seems to not handle the weight of the camera and keeps coming off, which could be another reason why it ripped. I am really open to new ideas to make some changes so that this kind of incident never occurs again.

Options for repair are in this thread, starting at Post #40.

Camera wires broke off circuit board

You can do what a lot of others have done, just remove the three little screws that hold the shoe on inside the gimbal mount and run your camera off the supplied pigtail that plugs into the underside of the quad.

Thank you for the reply on how to repair it. I think there is a video of someone repairing it as well, I will have to double check.

Hello all,

I am new to the forums and recently new drone flier. I recently purchased a Q500 4K drone 3 days ago and loved it ever since. Just today, after the landing the drone and capturing some footage, I have noticed that the 3 wires had ripped from the gimbal itself. I have noticed in the forums that this is a common issue and there are videos of repairing it. I called Yuneec Customer Service about the issue, they claimed it was a "crash", and were asking $50 per hr for repairs. I bought this from Best Buy and I have a Rewardzone membership which allows me to return it within 30-45 days of purchase. I am deciding whether I should repair it (missing soldering tools) or should just play it safe and return it back to the retailer?

I wouldn't mind getting another one.

If you like to see the images or a video, please let me know.

Thanks!
I crashed mine and the wires were broke. However, NO NEED TO SOLDER. Included with the Yuneec drone in the accessories box is a connection from the camera to the drone which obviates the need for the wires..you can cut them off. There are some online video's on You Tube which are really helpful.

Anyone know what would cause my drone to just drop from the sky when the battery was fully charged and I was not touching anything. It was hovering and then plummeted like a dead bird. Did some damage but repaired it. Flew it again, and it happened again. The only thing I saw was a very distant airplane-could it have interfered?

For the record, from here on out into the future any problems will be a crash according to Yuneec customer service, for the record. SAD !!!

Anyone know what would cause my drone to just drop from the sky when the battery was fully charged and I was not touching anything. It was hovering and then plummeted like a dead bird. Did some damage but repaired it. Flew it again, and it happened again. The only thing I saw was a very distant airplane-could it have interfered?
That wasn't a distant airplane, that was customer service

I try that and it failed as well. No worries. I returned it. The new one is completely brand new because I was under the return policy under Best Buy Reward Zone. I was however suspicious when I purchased it for the first time because the first one was missing some contents (like the plug adapter) and looked like it was used but sold as brand new. They took care of it quick and gave me the new one.

The new one is perfect and no issue so far! Love the drone and having way to much fun. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval