Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Skyview Goggles

No Skyview only works through HDMI. Headplay works with Yuneec Typhoon H with HDMI and other platforms through a built in receiver in the Headplays.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! My ST16 has latency. It is only about half a second, but how would that affect flying with goggles? I have never flown FPV before, but it seems that would be kind of dangerous unless there was almost no latency. Do you just have to compensate for that when you are flying?

I did a bunch of flying with the SkyView goggles yesterday and today. I quite like them. Really the biggest problem I have is carrying them when not in use, such as during takeoff and landing. I think I will use a carabiner and hook them onto that.

Reactions: Rayray and HarveyC
The latency shouldn't cause any issue if you're fairly careful. Obviously the faster you fly the more the lag could be an issue but you get used to the lag and compensate for it.

Thanks for the info! My ST16 has latency. It is only about half a second, but how would that affect flying with goggles? I have never flown FPV before, but it seems that would be kind of dangerous unless there was almost no latency. Do you just have to compensate for that when you are flying?

I ordered mine from Aces Deals in NY on Saturday afternoon and they were shipped from RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA
same day, Have tracking number usps. Talked to Peter and he is now going on vacation for a week.
Glad I made it in time, Heard about the goggles on Demunseed. Can not wait to try them out.
$249.00 plus 6.50 Shipping - USPS Priority

Reactions: Markinter
Jeg overvejede også at købe Yuneec Skyview. Men ville moderne at holde øje med Typhoon H.
Derfor købte jeg Zeiss Cinemeizer stedet. Jeg kan nu også se over og under de briller, hvis jeg ønsker det. Jeg føler, at jeg har 100% kontrol.Brille..jpg 13726602_1128705990533018_532879608825176280_n.jpg

Reactions: Firman
Jeg overvejede også at købe Yuneec Skyview. Men ville moderne at holde øje med Typhoon H.
Derfor købte jeg Zeiss Cinemeizer stedet. Jeg kan nu også se over og under de briller, hvis jeg ønsker det. Jeg føler, at jeg har 100% kontrol.View attachment 2382 View attachment 2384

Does that mean you know longer need a spotter with you when flying fpv, because you can see over the glasses if needed to maintain visual awareness!

Thanks that's worth knowing because whilst I have flown for several years flying a phantom 1.5 with fat shark dominator goggles v2, the down side was having a spotter with you every time you fly to comply with the rules.

I believe the Cinemizer OLED's have been discontinued and are being replaced by the Zeiss VR One. The Cinemizer is a great product, but 3x the price of the Headplay HD and the Skyview.

I did a bunch of flying with the SkyView goggles yesterday and today. I quite like them. Really the biggest problem I have is carrying them when not in use, such as during takeoff and landing. I think I will use a carabiner and hook them onto that.
I received my SkyView goggles today and tried them out for two batteries worth. I was disappointed with the results.
I might not have some setting right maybe, I hope that is all it is.
First I took my H up as always just to make sure it was working normally. Then hovered about 20 feet above and hooked up the
goggles, put it on my head and turned it on, the screen showed a great picture. So I hit record and moved forward slowly
and made a slow turn, as I was moving forward at about 3 to 5 MPH, the video was all choppy. Also the latency was way off.
I would move the stick for a turn and nothing worked for about 2 - 4 seconds.
Something else I noticed, when I flew back to my position, it showed I was at about 53 feet. but the sound of the H was
like it was real close. I took off the goggles and the H was about 10 feet off the ground.
I disconnected the goggles and everything went back to normal flying, anyone else have this problem?
I will call Yuneec tomorrow and see if they have a fix before I send it back. You say it works for you?
Maybe somethin I am doing wrong.. Anyway, everything else has worked great.

I didn't have any choppy video or freezes. Do you have the latest firmware on the ST16? Can you possibly try a different HDMI cable?

I have st16 system v03.01.b22 and I am using the supplied HDMI cable. Is there a newer version out.

Amazon is more expensive, but I ordered on Thursday and had them Friday (yesterday).

Here is a quick write-up of my impressions after first use:

To start, the goggles are surprising light for their size, and the plastic is very rigid and of good quality. No creaking or bending/twisting. The velcro straps worked well for me and required minimal adjustments, though it remains to be seen how they hold up over time. The velcro patches are large, so hopefully they will outlive the goggles. My biggest complaint is that I haven't been able to position the goggles so that I can see the full screen -- the bottom 5 to 10% are cut off, and I'm unable to bring the screen down further because the goggles are already sitting on the bridge of my nose.

Also, I was surprised to see the complete ST16 screen mirrored on the SkyView goggles. I don't know why, but I was under the impression that the HDMI output was just the video without the telemetry. I actually much prefer this arrangement because it lets you see the altitude, speed, direction home, recording status etc.

My whole reason for getting these goggles was to eliminate glare and make flying in bright lighting more practical and enjoyable. In this respect, the goggles succeed brilliantly. The picture is very good with enough resolution to display a clear picture and reproduce the ST16 interface, though you won't have trouble seeing individual pixels. I did a test flight around 2PM in bright overhead sunlight which made viewing the ST16's screen or looking up at the bird a pain (literally), but using the SkyView goggles was pleasant.

When I first unpacked the goggles I thought that the included HDMI cable was a bit on the short side, but in practice that isn't the case because of the proximity of the ST16 to the goggles.

One thing that is awkward is keeping the goggles ready when you're not actually using them, such as during takeoff and landing where you probably want to view the bird with your own eyes rather than looking at what the camera is recording. I have been tilting the goggles back on my head so that they sit on my upper forehead, but that isn't the most secure arrangement and must look even goofier than wearing them.
Thank you for the review! I already ordered it and was wondering where the reviews were.

I have st16 system v03.01.b22 and I am using the supplied HDMI cable. Is there a newer version out.
That is the version I have.

Try connecting your ST16 to a TV or computer monitor with HDMI input using a regular HDMI cable, and play back some recent flight videos with the Flight Controller app to see if you get the same stuttering and freezes. If those play back fine, plug the goggles back in making sure the cables are fully seated and try the playback again.

I tried all that and the video is playing as it should. Played video back from the st16 through the goggles and that works too.
The problem is when I am flying the H it is all messed up freezes and stuttering slow to respond to commands, not fun
when you are not sure where your bird is. As your flying the screen just smears the video from the top half of the screen and
then it seems to lock up for a moment or two, then jumps to the next few frames down the line.
It seems to be when the goggles are connected, the live video is messed up and controls don't respond
very well. Like panning the camera up and down, you move it and nothing happens so you move it a little
more and all of a sudden it jumps , now you have to go back the other way and make little moves and wait and wait until
it decides to work.
I don't know, I understand there is some setting you can make , but I will call Yuneec about now as I guess
they are awake now, as I am in Florida...

Sounds good. Can you still see the ST-16 screen read-outs at the same time? Thanks.

I can see the readouts too.
Just got off the phone with Unneec and they told me to hook the goggles up first to the st16, and then boot up the H and ST16
I did not do that at first, connected the goggles after the H was flying. So I will give that a try. I will test that tomorrow morning
and let everyone know what I found out.

I ordered mine from Aces Deals in NY on Saturday afternoon and they were shipped from RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA
same day, Have tracking number usps. Talked to Peter and he is now going on vacation for a week.
Glad I made it in time, Heard about the goggles on Demunseed. Can not wait to try them out.
$249.00 plus 6.50 Shipping - USPS Priority

Ordered mine from Aces deals also but not until Tuesday. I was wondering why I didn't get any shipping information. So I won't see my goggles for another week. That stinks! I wish he would have notified me there would be a week delay. If anyone else had them in stock I'd buy somewhere else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace