Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Skyview Goggles

Glad they worked for you. I just received my new ST16 today, my goggles haven't worked right since I got them.
Tried everything Yuneec told me to do and that didn't work. They determined the ST was bad, so I sent it back on Monday and just got the new
one today 2day air UPS. So now I am going to try them out later today as it is so hot here I will wait till cooler afternoon temps.
Will keep everyone updated later on how it worked. 4 to 5 sec lag time was just too much.
popcorn.gif

Reactions: Cilent1 and Milt
Glad they worked for you. I just received my new ST16 today, my goggles haven't worked right since I got them.
Tried everything Yuneec told me to do and that didn't work. They determined the ST was bad, so I sent it back on Monday and just got the new
one today 2day air UPS. So now I am going to try them out later today as it is so hot here I will wait till cooler afternoon temps.
Will keep everyone updated later on how it worked. 4 to 5 sec lag time was just too much.

Looking forward to your update regarding Skyview Goggles, that one thing I miss flying my TH is goggles I've used my fatshark dominator goggles with my old phantom and TBS Discovery Pro but the goggles I have don't work with Yuneec products, the only downside using goggles is you are required to have a spotter with you whilst flying.

Reactions: Milt and abinder
Well, here we go. After updating the new St16 and and then had to Bind the camera and the H to the new ST,
I drove down to my favorite flying place for a test of the goggles.. After calibrating the GPS ,I made sure it would fly with out the goggles
first. Everything was a go right off the bat. Then landed hooked up the goggles and Wow! is right. very responsive too I
might add. I don't think there is any lag , a far cry from the 4 to 5 seconds I was getting before. No more smear or nothing but just
great video. I barely move a control and the bird moves just like in the same instant, I am a happy boy now.,
also a another shout out to Peter at Aces Deals , getting my goggles to me before he went on vacation..

Reactions: Sparkorc
Awesome news Milt! I was worried how that was going to turn out for you. I plan on getting a bunch of flights in tomorrow with the Skyviews and will post results here. Where in Florida are you?

I'm in Jacksonville. I do get down to your area from time to time. You sure have plenty of scenic places to fly. I've been filming a lot in St. Augustine myself lately as it's just down the road.

I'm in Jacksonville. I do get down to your area from time to time. You sure have plenty of scenic places to fly. I've been filming a lot in St. Augustine myself lately as it's just down the road.
My Granddaughter lives there and I will be making a trip there before the end on the year, and take the H with me.

<snip>
No more smear or nothing but just
great video. I barely move a control and the bird moves just like in the same instant, I am a happy boy now.,
also a another shout out to Peter at Aces Deals , getting my goggles to me before he went on vacation..
Glad it's working out. I am currently mulling these over myself as a way to let my daughters "FPV" while I fly. Lastly, you sound like Jim Bowers (Demunseed) with your Aces Deals plug. LOL!:)

Well, here we go. After updating the new St16 and and then had to Bind the camera and the H to the new ST,
I drove down to my favorite flying place for a test of the goggles.. After calibrating the GPS ,I made sure it would fly with out the goggles
first. Everything was a go right off the bat. Then landed hooked up the goggles and Wow! is right. very responsive too I
might add. I don't think there is any lag , a far cry from the 4 to 5 seconds I was getting before. No more smear or nothing but just

That's excellent news to know they now work properly, did Yuneec send you a standard ST16 replacement back or was you lucky and received the updated version with the extra antenna !

The skyview goggles are not even advertised in the uk on the Yuneec site or anywhere for that matter,I can only assume this means we are not getting them.

I don't think they are available at the present its bit like like the backpacks we will be the last to receive them.

That's excellent news to know they now work properly, did Yuneec send you a standard ST16 replacement back or was you lucky and received the updated version with the extra antenna !
I asked Yuneec about the replacement ST16, as long as they were sending me a new one, would it have the updated extra antenna
because I said when the RealSense module comes out, I will get one. I was told the RealSense Module would only work with the current
ST16 and not the new one. The person I talked to said when you buy the Module , it will have everything with it to make it work.
I don't know what else could be coming with it, to make it work.

The crazy thing is, the ST16 was working very well for me, no lag or distortion of any kind when I did not have the goggles.
So until I hooked the goggles up to the ST, I didn't know I had a problem with it. Now I have the new and it works great, just have to
reset all my setting for video. I am not worried about that at the moment, just enjoying the goggles for now, and getting use to no
glare on the screen.

That's confusing info Yuneec told you, my understanding was all future ST16 would come with the extra antenna presumably to improve with loss of data connection.

Is the regulations for using FPV goggles the same as UK that you have to have a spotter next to you when flying !

For the benefit of new users in the UK considering FPV Goggles you should be aware of the regulations of the CAA using fpv goggles.

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/1168.pdf

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval