Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Skyview Goggles

I ordered a pair as well, albeit from a different online store. Mine shipped today. My main goal is to eliminate glare.

Reactions: cyberhiker
I'm going to look into whether the Gear VR will work with my H in a similar way. It's selling for $80 right now so it would be huge if it worked. The $250 price tag of the SkyView just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I'm going to look into whether the Gear VR will work with my H in a similar way. It's selling for $80 right now so it would be huge if it worked. The $250 price tag of the SkyView just doesn't seem worth it to me.

No hdmi input though is there? Don't know a whole lot about gear though so happy to be wrong.

Gear VR has split lens so unless you can run a 3rd party app they won't work. There is no wireless way to use them and like other poster stated no hdmi. I use Headplay, they aren't a great fashion statement but they work well and the built in receiver is great for other race quad.

Sorry But in several countries you need to keep your drone in VLOS stated in their latest drone laws
So using a device as googles are not allowed.
I think the only thing you can use for helping in framing a shot is for example the Vufine device

kind regards
Marnix

Gear VR has split lens so unless you can run a 3rd party app they won't work. There is no wireless way to use them and like other poster stated no hdmi. I use Headplay, they aren't a great fashion statement but they work well and the built in receiver is great for other race quad.

My thought is to use Google Cardboard for Gear VR and access the CGO3 app from the Play store that way. No need for HDMI since the app connects directly to the H as a second monitor. Not sure if it will work but I'll be trying it out this weekend.

My thought is to use Google Cardboard for Gear VR and access the CGO3 app from the Play store that way. No need for HDMI since the app connects directly to the H as a second monitor. Not sure if it will work but I'll be trying it out this weekend.

Getting the cgo3 app to open inside cardboard app seems unlikely but you never know:)

I believe that FAA Part 107 indicates that you can fly FPV, but you need to have a spotter. :)

Getting the cgo3 app to open inside cardboard app seems unlikely but you never know:)

Yeah, it's definitely a long shot but fortunately my ST16 is rooted so if I can make use of any root apps to achieve what I need that would be AWESOME lol. I've already spent a ton on this hobby and it's not making any money as of yet so $250 is silly considering in 6 months they'll likely drop in price like everything else. People thought the $200 Gear VR was excessive and now it's below half.

Yeah, it's definitely a long shot but fortunately my ST16 is rooted so if I can make use of any root apps to achieve what I need that would be AWESOME lol. I've already spent a ton on this hobby and it's not making any money as of yet so $250 is silly considering in 6 months they'll likely drop in price like everything else. People thought the $200 Gear VR was excessive and now it's below half.
Half or free if you order new phones:) I bought innovator addition and then received free S7 version, going to give wife the S7 and order the Note 7 so I may end up with 3 Gear VRs. Good luck in your quest.

My SkyView goggles were just delivered to the mailroom at the office. I'll be giving them a workout this weekend.

Cute how he used the Drone Girls picture for the flabby butt part of his video. Nothing wrong with here butt

Reactions: Art-Tistic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval