Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec stated versus actual battery capacity

Reaction score
Having seen this video I thought it would be interesting to do some tests
Breeze genuine vs clone video

Yuneec appear to quote usable capacity which is 80% of total capacity. I have tested a breeze battery at 1363 mAh (rated 1150)

yb120072019charge.png

I also have a pair of the clone batteries and they do actually test at 1360 and 1390 mAh but much of that capacity is at a voltage below the minimum the drone demands so you get less time out of them if you heed the low battery warnings. If you don't they last the same time. The breeze is much more stable and responsive with the original battery so it must have a higher C rating.

Also tested a typhoon h plus at 6630 (rated 5250).

Finally I see so many people thinking that it is a good idea to use a typhoon h battery on a h plus. The voltage difference will have a considerable impact on performance, you will not have the stability and acceleration, and could end up wrecking your very expensive favorite drone so I would not bother. Yes, the genuine batteries are expensive, but less than a new typhoon h plus

Attachments

• yb220072019discharge.png
    yb220072019discharge.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 3
  • yb320072019charge.png
    yb320072019charge.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 3
Those that have spent over a year flying the H Plus using H-480 batteries have not made mention of the flight instabilities you mention.

However, Yuneec understating battery capacities is not a new phenomenon. The practice of Yuneec doing that dates back to the early days of the Q-500 and Chroma, where battery capacities were deliberately mislabeled for shipping purposes, and continues to this day with their H-480 batteries. To find they are mislabeling other model batteries would come as no surprise.

Those that have spent over a year flying the H Plus using H-480 batteries have not made mention of the flight instabilities you mention.

However, Yuneec understating battery capacities is not a new phenomenon. The practice of Yuneec doing that dates back to the early days of the Q-500 and Chroma, where battery capacities were deliberately mislabeled for shipping purposes, and continues to this day with their H-480 batteries. To find they are mislabeling other model batteries would come as no surprise.
People might not notice, they are probably not even aware of the issue. You cannot argue with ohms law and the fact that with a higher battery voltage you will get more speed and responsiveness.
Finally, Yuneec are not "mislabelling" their batteries, I would say they would be being remarkably honest quoting the usable capacity.

As long as a battery can deliver more current than is demanded there will be little or no penalty in speed or responsiveness.

Not trying to argue Ohm’s law at all but a battery’s voltage and system voltage requirements are two very different things. Of course you’re aware a multirotor employs several voltage regulators, and any voltage above the regulated voltage serves no purpose. Excess voltage is shed as heat.

You might want to revisit your Yuneec 5400mA H-480 battery tests again. Use a 6300mA battery alongside the 5400mA battery for a wake up call.

I can not say much about h plus but I do have the h520 basically not quite the same as h plus but not to different either in hardware. been using h480 batteries mostly ultra x no instabilities since sept 2017. I just retired yuneec oem h480 batteries that where worn out and almost 3 years old. over two hundred charge cycles on them. but a I have had no problems when flying h480 based batteries. that being said I do not know how a h plus would respond. I do not own the unit. but I know how the h520 responds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1