Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H with ITELITE DBS upg Dashware Range Test using ST16 data in HD no 3.

Ted

Reaction score

Here's yet another range test with the Typhoon H using the ITELITE/DBS antenna upgrade, no. 3 for me. This time I ventured to the beach at sunrise and was able to get about 2340 feet away before the video became unusable. The telemetry also went all N/A, but I continued to have control.

Since we're still using the converter for the Q500 V2 in Dashware, there is some data field mismatch. As a result, the distance traveled is the closest number to the distance number on the controller.

I was happy to get to 1700 feet last time in the woods near my home, so I was pleased to get a bit more this time.

The video was rock solid, only pausing and flashing at around 2200 feet before fading.

While I maintained LOS during the entire flight, the H was a mere dot on the sky for my 54 year old eyes. After glancing at the display on the controller, it took me quite a few moments to reacquire LOS on the H. I don't know how much farther I would feel comfortable taking the H.

Thanks for watching.

Reactions: gregreh
Oh, I got 2700 feet the other day with my stock Q500 4K and ST10+. I thought the H had more range even without any upgrade

2700 feet. That's pretty darn good. I never could get over 1400 feet with my Q500 4K.

Supposed to get over a mile stock, and not even close to 5,000 feet with it, this is not correct, tested all mods and stock antenna's and in areas of not interference or obstructions !

Wow... thats pretty sad distance compared to what some FPVLRs are getting... I get my DBS this week and I will see how it compares head to head..

That's what I get. My Q500 4K does even worse (1500 feet) and my Typhoon G (600 feet) is pitiful. I'm not looking for a mile, 2500 feet is fine. I can't maintain LOS above 2500 feet, so I'm pleased with the results. I'm not looking to set distance records.

Not that I want to beat the dead horse anymore than it has already but, what is with this, 'my bird flew further than yours' stuff?
Frankly I'm afraid to send my bird out further than I can recognize what it is let alone 1500 ft.
Is it just an e-peen thing?

Reactions: Nic and DroneClone
Not that I want to beat the dead horse anymore than it has already but, what is with this, 'my bird flew further than yours' stuff?
Frankly I'm afraid to send my bird out further than I can recognize what it is let alone 1500 ft.

I agree with you Mortalis. I'm happy with my range now with the new antenna. Not going to venture farther than LOS anyways.

Some people are like EverReady batteries, they "Keep going and going"! till they die!. The only thing I want is lag/chop free video in the LOS I want to fly, and I get that!, Like you, I can care less about how far out I get beyond LOS.;)

You got DC, Mines bigger than yours, LOL I agree with DC completely ( The only thing I want is lag/chop free video in the LOS I want to fly ), When I am flying for a client or myself distance has never been an issue nor has speed. It will differ from everyone depending on your purpose of having and flying a drone.

Reactions: DroneClone
You got DC, Mines bigger than yours, LOL I agree with DC completely ( The only thing I want is lag/chop free video in the LOS I want to fly ), When I am flying for a client or myself distance has never been an issue nor has speed. It will differ from everyone depending on your purpose of having and flying a drone.
Well !!!, We will have to have our wives or girlfriends debate that one !!! LOL !!!;)

Here's yet another range test with the Typhoon H using the ITELITE/DBS antenna upgrade, no. 3 for me. This time I ventured to the beach at sunrise and was able to get about 2340 feet away before the video became unusable. The telemetry also went all N/A, but I continued to have control.

Since we're still using the converter for the Q500 V2 in Dashware, there is some data field mismatch. As a result, the distance traveled is the closest number to the distance number on the controller.

I was happy to get to 1700 feet last time in the woods near my home, so I was pleased to get a bit more this time.

The video was rock solid, only pausing and flashing at around 2200 feet before fading.

While I maintained LOS during the entire flight, the H was a mere dot on the sky for my 54 year old eyes. After glancing at the display on the controller, it took me quite a few moments to reacquire LOS on the H. I don't know how much farther I would feel comfortable taking the H.

Thanks for watching.
Ted, Where do you get the "Dashware" you used in your video. It was a very nice recording. Nice to see things at sunrise. The waves on thehWater was especially beautiful.

Thanks for watching.

Ted, Where did you get the "Dashware" you used for your video? Your video was really beautiful, especially the waves moving in the sunrise. Very smooth.

Can anyone comment on whether this antenna would work properly with the pro version of the ST16? I have three antennas, assuming two 2ghz and one 5ghz. This appears to only have two leads, so I'd be losing one. Not to mention that it might get in the way of one of the connection points...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval