Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

yuneec typhoon q500

Reaction score
Hi,does anyone know if a usb interface programmer is essential to use after installing new esc 's.I don't know the first thing about them and don't want to buy one if I don't have to.

Reactions: Russell Smith
Yes. You have to tell the main board which esc is associated with each motor. Strange as it seems, the control signal comes out of the main board on ONE output pin that branches to all four motors. The signal is coded such that each esc responds only to the part of the signal meant for that motor. The "Motor assignment" done in the GUI associates the codes, and that requires the USB interface cable.

Hi,does anyone know if a usb interface programmer is essential to use after installing new esc 's.I don't know the first thing about them and don't want to buy one if I don't have to.
no special programmer required. just the Yuneec GUI interface you can download for free. installs on pc and yes, you use the USB to connect the Q500 to the PC. it's nice to have because it's used for other things, not just ESC problems.

no special programmer required. just the Yuneec GUI interface you can download for free. installs on pc and yes, you use the USB to connect the Q500 to the PC. it's nice to have because it's used for other things, not just ESC problems.
the USB cable you'll have to buy if you don't already have one. mine came with one years ago. but if you don't. you can get them online. pretty reasonable.

Reactions: oldfhat
Hi Russell,so no usb interface programmer required.One person replied saying I need to tell the main board which esc is associated with which motor.This can be achieved through the GUI ?

[QUOTE="Michael is Yuneec: so no usb interface programmer required.? [/QUOTE]

Yes, you need a usb interface programmer. Sounds like some terminology problems here.
For clarification:

The "GUI" (Graphics user interface) is the program on your Computer.
GUI.JPG

The USB interface/programmer is the cable that goes between the computer and the Q500
USB.JPG

Reactions: h-elsner
[QUOTE="Michael is Yuneec: so no usb interface programmer required.?

Yes, you need a usb interface programmer. Sounds like some terminology problems here.
For clarification:

The "GUI" (Graphics user interface) is the program on your Computer.
View attachment 15873

The USB interface/programmer is the cable that goes between the computer and the Q500
View attachment 15874
[/QUOTET
Thanks for making it clear,I misunderstood.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads