Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneecs Future in the US

There is zero profit to be obtained in having old models returned for retrofit with remote ID devices. Governments can mandate they be retrofitted before next use all day long but manufacturers can’t be required to perform such work for free.

That leaves owners to pay for retrofitting or shelving older units, with the obvious option of ignoring new laws that could obsolete their equipment.

As far as developing a remote ID feature itself, that won’t happen until an international standard such as used for full scale is implemented. You can’t hit a bullseye before you have a target. There’s also no reason to develop a solution until you have a definable problem.
This is how a black market is created. I can sell mine for more because it wont have remote ID on it.

Maybe I'll hold out on selling mine now till the demand for non remote ID capable drones starts up.
Somebody will offer a remote ID removal service!

you forget, you're dealing with a federal agency, one that simply applies whatever blanket solution their corporate masters pimp.

By the way, have you noticed how many expenses small businesses are no longer allowed to deduct at all? Wanna bet a transponder is one of them?

By the way, have you noticed how many expenses small businesses are no longer allowed to deduct at all? Wanna bet a transponder is one of them?
Depends on how it comes through. If it is a Federal mandate then we should be able to. We depreciate and write-off our drones just as a practice in case one gets really expensive. The cost of a transponder could be included.

While I haven't read every line of text in the posts covering the subject of 'Yuneec's future in the US', I'm picking there are probably many of you experiencing similar concerns to mine. In broad terms, I am sorry to say that for me Yuneec have lost a lot of their credibility and honesty.

When I first purchased my H520 - direct from China, the business whom I have dealt with for quite a while, buying DJI aircraft and equipment from them as well as Yuneec products seemed able to lay their hands on anything I asked for from Yuneec; often being able to ship it to me in New Zealand within 4 - 5 days. Back in June or July I decided I would add a Yuneec E50 and CGOET gimbal camera to my H520 payload capacity, to meet my planned business activity. Since I had estimated the CGOET would require the most training to learn to use comprehensively I ordered that unit first. Delivery time I was advised would be in August. Fine, no problem with that! August came and went - delivery pushed out to the end of September. At the end of September my supplier informed me Yuneec were then talking about a revised delivery date of late November. Alarm bells rang in my head though when it was suggested to me I could "pre-pay" to get the product a bit sooner. (I had done that once before, with a US company, when it took me close to a year to get the refund of all the money paid, including shipping costs, after they couldn't/wouldn't deliver the product I put down money in advance, in good faith, on the understanding delivery would be expedited with a prepayment.)

Anyway, throughout November I spent a lot of time trolling through Yuneec's US, UK and EU websites, plus private retailers. Information on YT videos promoting the CGOET was by now getting to be old, and not once did I see a CGOET being offered as "in stock" in the searches I made. After pushing my Chinese supplier, it was suggested by them that Yuneec, and other drone manufacturers, were perhaps "struggling" because of the downturn in US sales related to the trade dispute that has now been dragging on for more than a year. My answer to the supplier's rationale for Yuneec's apparent problems, "nuts". UK and EU combined have a significantly larger population base than the US. There are also many, many other countries Yuneec could get themselves out there and doing business with.

As stated to my supplier, I cannot have a business relationship with a company that lacks both credibility and honesty which is essentially stymying my business activity. After a lot of thought I have therefore decided to sell my H520 (sadly), and will revert to DJI as my sole UAVs. There could be a number of drawbacks I see in having only one aircraft type, but equally there are way too many drawbacks behind offering a range of UAV services which cannot be delivered on for close to six months, while a UAV manufacturer cannot supplier a particular payload type, which they have consistently made claim they can, through their website promotions.

A quality product needs to be supported by a quality service from a company that is capable of standing by its projected ethos of credibility and honesty!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dougcjohn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz