Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneecs Future in the US

@chascoadmin,

If you have had success using Yuneec Customer Support email, you are in an elite group as most will never get a response from emails to Yuneec.

I can only attribute your email success to your claim of being a beta tester (for Yuneec?).

I see you just recently joined the forum, so welcome to YuneecPilots. We hope your access to Yuneec can convey many members concerns with the company. We look forward to any light you can shed on Yuneec.
Thanks Doom, I hope to be able to contribute.

It may have something to do with it, but I never contact general support as a beta tester so I hope they would not be eliteists like that. I only test DataPilot programming and the H520 so I'm not sure how much my world would cover, but I'll try!

That does explain your email success with them. Although H520 users go through the same lousy CS as the Prosumer and Hobbyist level owners here in North America. At least those that are members here and share their CS experiences.

Battery availability for the 920 is actually much, much better than for the other models. 920 owners only need to obtain a pair of batteries of suitable capacity that fit in the battery well.

For many of us, using two after market batteries instead of three factory batteries delivers considerably better flight time at less than half the cost of a factory battery set.

I would much rather be dealing with the 920 than any other brand or model that required a proprietary battery design. In fact, from what I’ve seen the 920 has fewer issues overall compared with other Yuneec models.
Same with any battery operated device

I've used C.S. back in june/july and found early to mid afternoon eastern time was best always got someone on the phone same with kav ?

Batteries availability for my H PLUS and/or 520 are starting to concern me.

Got this from Venom:
Subject: EXTENDED RANGE YUNEEC H520/TYPHOON H + (PLUS) 4S 7300MAH BATTERY
"Hello Dave,
We discontinued these batteries a few months back and no longer have these in stock.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you."

Thanks,

Andrew
Best H520 battery I have run.

Last edited:
Yeah guys, how dare you mention something that has already been said on a forum that is asking your opinions. Instead there are thousands of other threads that you can spend your time searching through the minutiae to make sure that what you say is completely original.
@PatR, I'll ask a simple question any time I like and have been on enough forums to know how to deal with people that are counterproductive. If you don't have an answer to a question or at least the OP then you're probably better served not commenting. Go troll somewhere else.

I digress back to the OP.

As the user's community we are more than capable of having some influence on product so I appreciate the post and those who have had actual constructive criticism that can be relayed. Being a beta tester I do have access to some who can start some internal discussions about how their product is being received and am willing to use some of my resources to help the brand improve. On the flipside I am also willing to spend/share resources on workarounds in the occasions that the brand has moved past or has no interest in. That said, I would recommend that if anyone wants a different option in batteries that they might want to check out the radio-controlled car market. We have been using and pushing the performance limits of lithium batteries years before drones. Spektrum, Traxxas and Dynamite all make some really good batteries with the same specs so they might have an option that would fit and would probably far outperform what Yuneec offers.

Customer service is another thing. I've personally never come across a major hardware manufacturer that reportedly had "good" customer service, but I have never had any problems getting responses from Yuneec's email support. they may not always come back with an answer that you've liked, but they have been responsive and in many times helpful.
You may want to know your audience and their discussions and contributions toward the Yuneec platforms. Many on this site have strongly supported the Yuneec platform, and yes over time have experienced enough historical reference to express both positive & negative. Many would relish Yuneec success, that depends on Yuneec's offering and support to the End User/Buyer and the consumer confidence to purchase... that hasn't been provided consistantly by Yuneec and results in the consumers expressing.

You might want to examine the H920 threads... particularly the battery discussions. To state @PatR as "Trolling" on a subject he's personally exhausted hours of time evaluating, testing and experimenting with several combinations is a bit off-key.

You suggest we try other areas for battery sources. Again, a short search within the H920 section will expose many attempts to contact battery sources and even a few events checking on the possibility to custom make for the 920. The 920's battery bay is a limiting factor to locate ample cells.

The OEM 920 batteries aren't even a consideration, they are either old stock or poor quality... that has also been displayed & discussed exhaustively.

To revisit a few other points: my experience with Yuneec support is poor... phone & email. I've actually had better success with Yuneec UK side. Much better with other companies: Autel, PowerVision, and DJI.

Support for the H520 has fallen short and very slow to evolve. I personally see no reason why the H520 hasn't obtained the features of the Plus and additional at the price of platform. Providing 3rd party support is minimal to null, that offering would be beneficial to the H520... a closed market in professional platform won't succeed. Yuneec market share isn't gaining in my observation, and that isn't the consumer variable, that is Yuneec. That said, no one on this forum is wanting the brand to fail but also not wanting to see minimal attention toward the model prior to news of launching a new model. Several have left Yuneec driven by project need or project requirements and Yuneec isn't on many Companie's preferred lists. It should "at least" be on the list of supported platform and it's not... again, a Yuneec issue not the consumer. Consumers purchase product that looks successful or will have a productive cycle: if not they elect other product.

You bring some great info and input to the forum. Welcome to the forum and look forward to your input and the projects you've been involved.

You may want to know your audience and their discussions and contributions toward the Yuneec platforms. Many on this site have strongly supported the Yuneec platform, and yes over time have experienced enough historical reference to express both positive & negative. Many would relish Yuneec success, that depends on Yuneec's offering and support to the End User/Buyer and the consumer confidence to purchase... that hasn't been provided consistantly by Yuneec and results in the consumers expressing.

You might want to examine the H920 threads... particularly the battery discussions. To state @PatR as "Trolling" on a subject he's personally exhausted hours of time evaluating, testing and experimenting with several combinations is a bit off-key.

You suggest we try other areas for battery sources. Again, a short search within the H920 section will expose many attempts to contact battery sources and even a few events checking on the possibility to custom make for the 920. The 920's battery bay is a limiting factor to locate ample cells.

The OEM 920 batteries aren't even a consideration, they are either old stock or poor quality... that has also been displayed & discussed exhaustively.

To revisit a few other points: my experience with Yuneec support is poor... phone & email. I've actually had better success with Yuneec UK side. Much better with other companies: Autel, PowerVision, and DJI.

Support for the H520 has fallen short and very slow to evolve. I personally see no reason why the H520 hasn't obtained the features of the Plus and additional at the price of platform. Providing 3rd party support is minimal to null, that offering would be beneficial to the H520... a closed market in professional platform won't succeed. Yuneec market share isn't gaining in my observation, and that isn't the consumer variable, that is Yuneec. That said, no one on this forum is wanting the brand to fail but also not wanting to see minimal attention toward the model prior to news of launching a new model. Several have left Yuneec driven by project need or project requirements and Yuneec isn't on many Companie's preferred lists. It should "at least" be on the list of supported platform and it's not... again, a Yuneec issue not the consumer. Consumers purchase product that looks successful or will have a productive cycle: if not they elect other product.

You bring some great info and input to the forum. Welcome to the forum and look forward to your input and the projects you've been involved.
EDIT - We'll put thanks and for the welcome.

Last edited:
H
@chascoadmin,

If you have had success using Yuneec Customer Support email, you are in an elite group as most will never get a response from emails to Yuneec.

I can only attribute your email success to your claim of being a beta tester (for Yuneec?).

I see you just recently joined the forum, so welcome to YuneecPilots. We hope your access to Yuneec can convey many members concerns with the company. We look forward to any light you can shed on Yuneec.

Hello Doom
I hope your doing well.
KK

Battery availability for the 920 is actually much, much better than for the other models. 920 owners only need to obtain a pair of batteries of suitable capacity that fit in the battery well.

For many of us, using two after market batteries instead of three factory batteries delivers considerably better flight time at less than half the cost of a factory battery set.

I would much rather be dealing with the 920 than any other brand or model that required a proprietary battery design. In fact, from what I’ve seen the 920 has fewer issues overall compared with other Yuneec models.
What happened to the rebirth of the 920, which was mentioned earlier this year? Wasn't it new cameras, motors,flight controllers, batteries etc?

You should ask the beta tester. His experience beta testing the 520 seems to have provided him with a wealth of Yuneec current and historical performance and product information. During his laborious efforts with the 520 he might have seen a picture of the 920 once, providing him with his vast knowledge of it’s battery performance, availability, and with the brevity a battery discussion requires.

One thing is evident, he has never bothered to visit forums and threads dedicated to the product, but in his ignorance became quick to label people with considerable experience assisting others with research and information obtained from owning a 920 as trolls for their efforts.

You should ask the beta tester. His experience beta testing the 520 seems to have provided him with a wealth of Yuneec current and historical performance and product information. During his laborious efforts with the 520 he might have seen a picture of the 920 once, providing him with his vast knowledge of it’s battery performance, availability, and with the brevity a battery discussion requires.

One thing is evident, he has never bothered to visit forums and threads dedicated to the product, but in his ignorance became quick to label people with considerable experience assisting others with research and information obtained from owning a 920 as trolls for their efforts.
I'll make this real easy. I asked this very simple question, "What are the dimensions of the H920 battery?" with the intention of helping find other possibilities. I'm not quite sure what your problem is, but I have been representing Yuneec for a couple of years in the field where these things get proven or not and your right, i'm not an H920 user so why would I want to stumble through a bunch of your posts to find a simple answer? No wonder people Google when the leaders of forums act like this.

I'll give a simple reason for my reply to search. The dimensions have been provided numerous times and easily found using the search function. Available dimensions also include the interior dimensions of the battery compartment, including images depicting the interior of the battery compartment. It's a heck of a lot easier for most if you elected to expend a few minutes using the search function instead of having people access batteries and tools to measure batteries again in order to provide you dimensions. But you would prefer others do the work in order to provide you an answer you could have obtained yourself. Perhaps your irritation is because what you sought was not hand delivered to you. BTW, had you Googled your question the second hit result would have been this: H920 replacement battery The OP could have found the same thing had he searched before commenting on 920 battery availability issues, but he tends to post incorrect info rather frequently.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard regarding your representation of Yuneec and problem resolution skills. Based upon the current state of the company, and the success (lack of) of the 520, your performance is questionable. I'm not a forum leader, just one that does not mince words.

What happened to the rebirth of the 920, which was mentioned earlier this year? Wasn't it new cameras, motors,flight controllers, batteries etc?

Mrgs1,

Based upon what I've read in here and elsewhere, the report of new Yuneec 920 product development has been through the efforts of Yuneec E.U. As it's quite evident Yuneec China abandoned the 920 after their conversion to the 920+ it's quite possible that any further information relative to continued 920 development would have to come from them. Repeated conversations with Yuneec dealers and their customer service department in 2018 and early 2019 made it clear there would be no further factory improvements, so some outside impetus had to have occurred between then and now.

Last edited:
I'll give a simple reason for my reply to search. The dimensions have been provided numerous times and easily found using the search function. Available dimensions also include the interior dimensions of the battery compartment, including images depicting the interior of the battery compartment. It's a heck of a lot easier for most if you elected to expend a few minutes using the search function instead of having people access batteries and tools to measure batteries again in order to provide you dimensions. But you would prefer others do the work in order to provide you an answer you could have obtained yourself. Perhaps your irritation is because what you sought was not hand delivered to you. BTW, had you Googled your question the second hit result would have been this: H920 replacement battery The OP could have found the same thing had he searched before commenting on 920 battery availability issues, but he tends to post incorrect info rather frequently.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard regarding your representation of Yuneec and problem resolution skills. Based upon the current state of the company, and the success (lack of) of the 520, your performance is questionable. I'm not a forum leader, just one that does not mince words.
The H520's are doing just fine and have only pursued the construction/surveying market for less than 2 years. It took us 6 months just to make the version of DataPilot missions acceptable for such. Since then there have been 10's of versions of each hardware's version of firmware, board failure fixes, battery improvements and now RTK with Leica in the wings. I'm sorry the H920 is not fairing so well.
All that said, I respect the fact that you are one of the big dogs on this forum and feel for the effort you have put in to help this brand grow and apologize for harsh words and expecting too much. I don't mince either. ?

I'll make this real easy. I asked this very simple question, "What are the dimensions of the H920 battery?" with the intention of helping find other possibilities. I'm not quite sure what your problem is, but I have been representing Yuneec for a couple of years in the field where these things get proven or not and your right, i'm not an H920 user so why would I want to stumble through a bunch of your posts to find a simple answer? No wonder people Google when the leaders of forums act like this.
I don't think there are any leaders, were all just members, a collection of oddballs with one thing in common we fly cameras, nobody knows it all, some might think that, but were all still learning new things, at the end of the day members will help, but being civil is a two way street, whether we don't like a member or not.

Just FYI, but the 920+ loaded with a CGO-4 draws just under 80A at full thrust. As the 920 has considerable lift capability remaining you might anticipate an amp loading of about 100-110A if carrying additional weight. Knowing that is useful when considering C ratings.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Just FYI, but the 920+ loaded with a CGO-4 draws just under 80A at full thrust. As the 920 has considerable lift capability remaining you might anticipate an amp loading of about 100-110A if carrying additional weight. Knowing that is useful when considering C ratings.
I'm trying to get verification from that and another seller on a different pack I found because to me that format seems too small to actually be 6s @ 4500mah. As to what you were saying, you would then need C rating of about 25-30 for the 920?

Reactions: SkyVidTek
That is correct. If you read the linked thread you will come across the testing done to obtain that number. Another FYI, each ESC is protected by a pair of 20A fuses, suggesting the ESC rating is 40A.

If you can find a 920 thread where more testing of the 920 was done that wasn’t written by Seabee or myself I’d like to read them.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Using highly sophisticated virtual dynamics simulations... the Mavic Mini will easily out lift that 'Ole 920, in Bumble Bee Mode, a secret option on the app. ;) Urrg!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss