Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Batteries, get them while you can.

AHHH, well the price has gone up, but I may have misread your comment. Thought you meant you saved an additional 10% by subscribing to the newsletter after using the HAPPY12 coupon code. Hopefully the price will stay where it's at for a while, I want to have 6 batteries so another 2 at this price is a pretty good deal.
It seems a bit deceptive. I ordered 2 batteries at $63.75 each then took took off the $12 coupon which placed me at $115.50. I then used the "extra 10% off" coupon and the total only went to $114.75.
So basically it's not an "extra" 10% it is an 'either this coupon or that coupon' - there is nothing extra about it. That is deceptive. So even at a decent price I'll pass on it for now. I don't mind paying a little more to buy from an honest retailer. I have enough batteries - until summer anyway.

I have also seen some similar pricing on off-brand batteries for the Yuneec H on Amazon and even the Yuneec H brand battery itself for $89 at times.

Gens/Tattu and Max Amps are the only batteries I'll use on my DSLR rig. They were the best on the Cinestar as well.

Ok, here's the best deal around on batteries. $55.75 each, free shipping, no tax.. Get'em while they got'em.
Ultrax 6300mAh 14.8v 4S replacement lipo battery for Yuneec Typhoon H drone RC Quadcopter
buy over $120. worth and get another $12. off with coupon.
I got mine, Tom.O.

I'll be completely honest here...I haven't ordered from this company, and I won't. In truth, I do NOT trust them...or, to be more specific, the individual person (which I'll cover, below) masquerading as a "company". First, I noticed the incredibly-poor spelling & grammar throughout several pages from the website. Next, I read the 'About Us' page, to which the primary tip-off was the following statement: "Our factory is the leading lithium polymer manufacturer in China." Why? In short, because several Chinese companies selling in the U.S. make this exact same claim. Next, I looked up the address on Google Maps, and discovered that the address, including the suite, is actually for another company, that being Fuel Oil Systems. Either an employee, or a friend of an employee, is using the address of Fuel Oil Systems as a so-called "contact address".

As for the person I refer to, his name is Peter Liu, and he uses this same address, while operating under several business names. Besides operating under the Gens Ace & Tattu names, he also operates under Grepow Inc, I highly suspect Mt. Liu is actually in China, not Dublin, CA, or anywhere else in the U.S. I found a video of him on YouTube (
), to which you will notice he speaks no English. Having checked the BBB, none of these "businesses" are even listed. I also checked the business phone number, and discovered it belongs to someone named Lydia Paez. The point is, the more I dig for information, the more "interesting" the information gets...and not in a good way.

Now, I am NOT telling anyone reading this to avoid purchasing from this company (or, to be more accurate, from these companies, as, again, Mr. Liu is operating under multiple business names), but you should be extremely wary of doing so. I'm not saying this because of his country of origin (obviously, Yuneec is also a Chinese company), but because of the "peculiarities" I have uncovered - false claims, using an address that belongs to an actual (and much larger corporation), using a phone number belonging to someone else, etc. If you want to take chances, and buy from this/these company/companies, go ahead...it's your choice, and your right to choose. However, if you do go that route, and things turn out to not be as claimed, or you run into any other serious problems, just remember that you were warned. My only purpose in providing the above information is to be helpful to my fellow flyers.

I'll be completely honest here...I haven't ordered from this company, and I won't. In truth, I do NOT trust them...or, to be more specific, the individual person (which I'll cover, below) masquerading as a "company". First, I noticed the incredibly-poor spelling & grammar throughout several pages from the website. Next, I read the 'About Us' page, to which the primary tip-off was the following statement: "Our factory is the leading lithium polymer manufacturer in China." Why? In short, because several Chinese companies selling in the U.S. make this exact same claim. Next, I looked up the address on Google Maps, and discovered that the address, including the suite, is actually for another company, that being Fuel Oil Systems. Either an employee, or a friend of an employee, is using the address of Fuel Oil Systems as a so-called "contact address".

As for the person I refer to, his name is Peter Liu, and he uses this same address, while operating under several business names. Besides operating under the Gens Ace & Tattu names, he also operates under Grepow Inc, I highly suspect Mt. Liu is actually in China, not Dublin, CA, or anywhere else in the U.S. I found a video of him on YouTube (
), to which you will notice he speaks no English. Having checked the BBB, none of these "businesses" are even listed. I also checked the business phone number, and discovered it belongs to someone named Lydia Paez. The point is, the more I dig for information, the more "interesting" the information gets...and not in a good way.

Now, I am NOT telling anyone reading this to avoid purchasing from this company (or, to be more accurate, from these companies, as, again, Mr. Liu is operating under multiple business names), but you should be extremely wary of doing so. I'm not saying this because of his country of origin (obviously, Yuneec is also a Chinese company), but because of the "peculiarities" I have uncovered - false claims, using an address that belongs to an actual (and much larger corporation), using a phone number belonging to someone else, etc. If you want to take chances, and buy from this/these company/companies, go ahead...it's your choice, and your right to choose. However, if you do go that route, and things turn out to not be as claimed, or you run into any other serious problems, just remember that you were warned. My only purpose in providing the above information is to be helpful to my fellow flyers.

Panther, you must have been REALLY bored last night!!! Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we will see California is where fedex said they picked up my batteries from

Welcome to Gens ace | Gens ace

I almost sent them a resume' when they were advertising at Multirotor Forums looking for an area manager to take over the San Leandro facility they were just setting up at the time. That was about 2 years ago. I started using Gens/Tattu batteries a little over a year before that. I needed high quality, high capacity batteries for heavy lift multirotors. When you are spending upwards of $500.00 for a single battery you want to know that what you are buying has the ability to get the job done, reliably, and repeatedly. You don't want to be buying new batteries every couple months. This is especially so when you need to keep two batteries on hand for each flight and your activities entail 4 to 8 flights a day. When you are running 18k to 22k ma 6s-2p battery systems in parallel you don't fool around with the cheap stuff.

Last edited:
Although there are many name brands of lipo batteries being sold there are only a few manufacturers which supply the cells for everybody else. Gens ace packs are good but not generally worth the price compared to other brands.
You can get the same quality and performance by buying other brands not sold in local stores. I tend to use Zippy packs the most because bang for the buck is terrific. a 4s5800mah pack only sets me back $50 U.S. and I've never had one fail. I still have ten year old zippy packs with hundreds of cycles on them that still perform as well today as when they were new.
That being said try to stay away from "nanotech" batteries. They do allow for fast charging and high discharge rates but at a price. Their overall lifespan is much shorter and have a tendency to puff even at proper storage charge if not cycled regularly.
Also don't get sucked into spending more for a 40c or higher discharge when all you will ever need is 20c.

If you even need 20;). The higher discharge rate batteries weigh more too.

If you even need 20;). The higher discharge rate batteries weigh more too.

People forget that part sometimes. I can't tell you how many times I've seen 250 quad racers put a 60c pack in their quad thinking it gets better performance but in all actuality performance decreases due to the extra weight. Always measure the battery draw with a good watt meter. If the draw at load is at 75% or lower than the discharge capacity of your battery you're good to go.

Just ordered a set, a couple comments.

Not sure if a high C battery will do much good on the H, it appears maximum draw is limited by the software. On several occasions, especially in the cold, I went into reduced power when flying flat out. I'll take the lower C battery with more flight time.

When will someone offer an H battery with a remaining charge indicator. Nothing fancy or smart just some simple LED's. Even Hobby King is installing LED strips on thier cheap lipo packs.

Robbi,

When it gets real cold the internal resistance of the battery increases quite a lot, which decreases output. Lipo's just aren't cold weather friendly. As for C rating, I doubt we need anything over 5C-10C.

Just ordered a set, a couple comments.

Not sure if a high C battery will do much good on the H, it appears maximum draw is limited by the software. On several occasions, especially in the cold, I went into reduced power when flying flat out. I'll take the lower C battery with more flight time.

When will someone offer an H battery with a remaining charge indicator. Nothing fancy or smart just some simple LED's. Even Hobby King is installing LED strips on thier cheap lipo packs.

You should check out Carolinadronz. They have some great battery accessories for the H including adapters to charge your batteries on a proper lipo charger to cut charge times in half and a quick voltage checker so you can check the voltage of each cell witbout having to install the battery to check it. Well worth the money.

I think VR is aware of all the options;)

Last edited:
Received my order today. The batteries are labelled as UltraX, clearly marked as 4s 6300ma, 93.24WH batteries. For those of you that don't know how to treat your batteries, read the user instructions that accompany each battery. They are very descriptive and leave little to the imagination. Maximum discharge level per cell is 3v, under load. Maximum discharge level per cell when used in a UAV (you're flying one of those) is 3.5v/cell, or 14v pack voltage under load.

Indeed. Gotta figure the WH rating at 6300ma might limit some shipment sizes.

I don't know about freight, but passenger travel anything under 100 Wh is fine. I doubt there is a limit for freight. I don't know why Yuneec under rated their batteries, they are clearly 6300 Ma.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuhoouk