Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Update - Typhoon H fly off crash

What I meant is I just went through all the steps twice to be certain I didn't miss anything.
Got it. Nothing wrong at all with doing that. When I have tried this in the past the controller always says no update found which simply means everything is installed.

Reactions: NADrone
Got it. Nothing wrong at all with doing that. When I have tried this in the past the controller always says no update found which simply means everything is installed.
Gotcha. I was just apprehensive about doing it to begin with so I tried to cover my bases. Is there not a way for me to upload the entire csv file instead of screen shots? Was hoping some here with experience reading the telemetry data could see it and tell me what they see.

I was really in love with my H until this experience. I hope when it returns that "we can bond again."

Reactions: Jester
I feel your pain, but don't give up on it. I've been there twice since I bought it in October, and I'm still getting my confidence back, (which is slow going this time, due to my own not getting out to fly as often as I'd like) but if you look around this forum, there is a ton of lights at the end of most people's tunnels after similar stories of fly- aways, and losses of control.
I'm not totally comfortable yet myself, but there are many that came back from bigger problems than I've had and are flying very regularly on a daily basis. We have hope, and Yuneec has been very good to 99% of us. I've read other forums where people haven't been so lucky with the company backing we have with Yuneec. Try to talk to Andrew when you call them. Not saying others aren't as good. He's the only one I've dealt with there so far and he is great...other than 2 emails where he dropped the ball on getting back to me, but as CC Rider said, we are all human and we do error from time to time. I'm sure my wife would gladly get on here and tell you about all mine, but that's for the "Yuneec Husbands" forum, not here.
Anyways, good luck, and I'm sure they will take care of you.
Thank you for the advice and words of encouragement.

I did the update from last week, didn't delete any flight data or anything. I've had it out 4 times 12 flights and it had no problems but the controls were more sensitive and it took a few min to get use to them.
That being said im not sure if that's a good thing or not, but I like it.
I did clear my data. I followed the U.K. guys YouTube upgrade steps.

Those two screen shots appear to show that initially it was in Follow Me mode - not angle mode, and then you hit the Motor kill switch.
I will download your UAV Toolbox and also purchase it. Looks very helpful and I believe in supporting those with the talent to create such useful tools for us out here who are not so talented in that area. Thank you for all the obvious pains and effort to create it!!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Those two screen shots appear to show that initially it was in Follow Me mode - not angle mode, and then you hit the Motor kill switch.
I just went to your website and saw the purchase price is only $10 for life. Too cheap imho for all that I know goes into this for you. The value to me personally is certainly worth more. Is there an option to pay more than $10 when I go to registers?

Also that is why I started the screenshots at that point because that is where I saw it changing modes in the file. I had not flipped the flight mode switch. I was in angle mode unless I blacked out and have no recall of the event. Not being a smart A just had no reason to switch it. I always fly in angle mode and all of this happened so fast I only had time to get back on the sticks before it was "game over".

Mine dropped from 300 feet wow what a crash, I sent My Flight tel in over 3 weeks ago haven't heard anything back from Yuneec so I fixed it Myself so much for My warranty.

Mine dropped from 300 feet wow what a crash, I sent My Flight tel in over 3 weeks ago haven't heard anything back from Yuneec so I fixed it Myself so much for My warranty.
You'd better call them again. They owe you some kind of answer. Could be the correspondence didn't make it to them.

Just test flew 2 of my H's with the 3.04 AP 1.35 firmware upgrade. I upgraded via wifi, did an accellerometer, compass, gimbal and ST16 controls (complete). I did not not clear any ST 16 flight data because there was no ST16 changes.
Result: Both units flew perfectly -- no issues at all. Landings were smoother -- no jumping out of hot water like they did before - even with setting them down after hovering a couple inches or feet from the ground. Both units were on the 3.03 version prior and ST16's are on B30.

Reactions: Rayray and Jester
Just test flew 2 of my H's with the 3.04 AP 1.35 firmware upgrade. I upgraded via wifi, did an accellerometer, compass, gimbal and ST16 controls (complete). I did not not clear any ST 16 flight data because there was no ST16 changes.
Result: Both units flew perfectly -- no issues at all. Landings were smoother -- no jumping out of hot water like they did before - even with setting them down after hovering a couple inches or feet from the ground. Both units were on the 3.03 version prior and ST16's are on B30.

I only own one H.... ;)
Also updated OTA and same result...... and happy!

I don't know if I'm just on the wrong medication or I need to increase my dosage, but even though there are a lot more success stories than there are failures, I'm still on the fence about doing this Auto Pilot update. Is it going to take 3 more successes or 27 more to finally just do it...I don't know. What I do know is my luck sucks, and what I'm starting to come to terms with at 45 years old is, my head seems to have more glitches than the H. ;)
Actually, I believe it's just because I'm still working on regaining confidence in it after the issues I've already had, but it's good to keep seeing happy pilots with good results. I think I'll still wait to see what Yuneec's answers are to those that had issues with the latest update. I'm only 45 and just not mature enough yet to wait another month while it's off getting repaired again. Patience is one of my strong points. ;) I still shake my Christmas presents to see if I can figure out what they are.

i've just got my H back from yuneec UK as it tried to fly off but i ditched it into a wall as it was quickly drifting away.

they blamed the firmware and i got it back yesterday, they told me to keep firmware updated so i put the new one on yesterday, 2nd flight and it started to drift away quite quickly again, this time i was able to land without damage.

i have asked for a replacement as i have zero faith in it now.

either my H is faulty or these firmware releases need a LOT more testing before release.

Anyone needing spare parts, batteries, controller etc, let me know. I'll just part it out and cut my losses.[/QUOTE

Yeah dude don't give up,
Get ahold of YUNEEC man, I'm not sure of the procedure but I have heard that YUNEEC is very good for customer service.
I have heard that they will look at your telemetry data and in most cases if it was not pilot error and simply a unit malfunction they replace the whole unit of fix it free of charge.
Don't give up man,
Let us know how you make out.
Good luck

General Update Information: I believe it is important to keep current with updates. If you skip one or two, and then, for example, update only the craft, you will probably be headed for problems.

Before doing any update, turn on the ST16 and drone, let them connect, then go to System Settings, About Controller, and compare the ST16 and TH firmware file numbers with the latest numbers on Yuneec's download page.

As for the late ver. 1.35 Autopilot firmware, it is clean. if your ST16 and TH have the previous updates, this Autopilot update will not cause problems. Remember that firmware updates can not correct existing equipment malfunctions.

Ran my first and only firmware update on my new typhoon h this week to take advantage of the new features. Read this forum to see if there were issues, didn't find anything alarming. Applied the update per instructions. Did it twice in fact to ensure I had not missed a step. Waited 2 days to get my nerves up to test fly it. I started it up locked into 18 sats, lifted off 10' in the air and let it hover. It hovered for about 5 seconds and then took off vertical and forward with zero input from me. I tried to gain control but it didn't respond, slammed into tree limbs, props broke, prop arms broke, dropped like a brick onto concrete, smashed the camera, broke then landing gear. The control was not in return to home mode btw. It's a $1000 pile of rubble now.
I have updated every time with little to no issues. Here are 2 videos the day i updated it. It flew better than ever.

3 17 17 FW update test

hovering fw update 3 17 17

I wonder if it was inadvertently in Smart Mode..

Yuneec failed to be able to properly diagnose memory issues within the drone. They have diagnostics for a lot of things but not failed memory or memory glitches. I had a perfectly flying drone before these updates came down the wire, and now almost every other landing has the thing with problems / glitches on landing. It crashes a few inches above ground and tilts backward always taking out the rear two props and largely refuses the stop button in the process. It almost always involves switching out from the RTH mode in the decent phase going to angle mode to prevent it from landing in a bush or undesirable location. I

Makes me wonder if someone, or group is sabotaging the airways in a way that can hurt drones.

Send it in and let them look at the data..
Unfortunately I had just gotten it back, it was a three week turnaround - and well, it works some of the times - I'm thinking the trend now is... when the battery is on it's second warning - Continued testing shows that will fly correct and land normal (I have yet to do all the recalibrations) - It sure is fun to fly when it flies right though... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlphaCapitalSecuritySyste