Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update Ver 2.25 After you update post your outcome here.

After installing Ver 2.25

• Total voters
I was just on the Yuneec, America, support/download page. There is no 2.25 drone firmware update. The only 2 drone updates on the page are are for the H Standard (USA) model:
Firmware Typhoon H STD Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.28, Camera:v3.2.16
and For the H EU model:
Firmware Typhoon H EU Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.28, Camera:v3.2.16 which states in the description Warning: THIS VERSION IS FOR EUROPE.
There is no other firmware for the H pro realsense for the USA models on the Yuneec USA website.
Can it be that people are installing the EU drone firmware in the U.S. H pro models by mistake that is causing the problem?
Me too and yes there is, the complete package for the above firmware is called - TyphoonH_Ver2.25_
upload_2016-10-6_9-37-7.png

Ok I downloaded, opened and read the files on both firmware updates. I see the Ver 2.25. The firmware updates are only for the Standard H models not the Pro with real sense. It seams that some H's work fine after the update and some don't? Are the ones that are having issues after the update the H std model or Pro models? Not to insult anybody but Is it possible that some people installed the firmware for the H std in a H pro model by mistake not realizing it was for the H Std? I'm new here and am trying to learn. My H pro will be delivered on Sat.

I think it's confusing that they have STD in the description. I think it was a throwback to when the Standard H first came out and Yuneec never changed it. I received an email a while ago from Yuneec saying the firmware is for all of the H models. The Gimbal, AutoPilot, and Camera are all the same across all the H models. The only file they haven't updated yet is the RealSense which is still v1.1 I think? Once they update that, they will include it in the package. Non RealSense versions would more than likely ignore it. This would make sense since an H Pro comes with RealSense, yet you can add it to an H Standard and an H Advanced. The TyphoonH_Ver2.25_.bin file is nothing more than a renamed .ZIP file containing the individual Gimbal, AutoPilot, Camera, and RealSense (if they update it) firmwares.

Just don't try to install it unzipped, leave it as is when updating your firmware.

Greg

Reactions: abinder
I was just on the Yuneec, America, support/download page. There is no 2.25 drone firmware update. The only 2 drone updates on the page are are for the H Standard (USA) model:
Firmware Typhoon H STD Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.28, Camera:v3.2.16
and For the H EU model:
Firmware Typhoon H EU Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.28, Camera:v3.2.16 which states in the description Warning: THIS VERSION IS FOR EUROPE.
There is no other firmware for the H pro realsense for the USA models on the Yuneec USA website.
Can it be that people are installing the EU drone firmware in the U.S. H pro models by mistake that is causing the problem?
You are mistaken, the 2.25 firmware is still there. If you look at the download link you can see the name of the file is TyphoonH_Ver2.25_A.bin

http://download.yuneec.com/Typhoon_H/TyphoonH_Ver2.25/Standard/TyphoonH_Ver2.25_A.bin

Having just received my H back from repair and performed latest 9/26 update and all calibrations, I flew for the first time today...3 full batteries with absolutely no issues. Everything is solid. However, I did notice during multiple CCC flights that the first stage speed seems noticeably slower...definitely slower than previous to last update. Anyone else notice this?

Reactions: QuadBart
Mine had compass errors but fixed by latest. Flew flawless on my recent vacation. Nice update. The cruise control is awesome.

Reactions: abinder
This is very encouraging as I just sent mine off to Yuneec to fix the drifting....

Having just received my H back from repair and performed latest 9/26 update and all calibrations, I flew for the first time today...3 full batteries with absolutely no issues. Everything is solid. However, I did notice during multiple CCC flights that the first stage speed seems noticeably slower...definitely slower than previous to last update. Anyone else notice this?

Have updated and flown 5 batteries now in 2 different places. Completly no issues. Only thing I would like to know that if I use my buttons to change the camera lighting it always jumps back to automatic settings. Is it possible to keep it Manual and change the shutter speed with the up and down buttons?

A little weird on the landing after the 2.25 FW. Did all the calibrations as well. I took a little flight over Camden Harbor Maine, but I didn't want to try to stick the landing on a floating dock soni grabbed it in my hand. The thing is it didn't want to shut down. Took 30 pretty hairy seconds to get it quite!
It flew and responded Great though. Camera did hang to the side though after it shut.

Reactions: yuneec53
Here is an update from me.
After I upgraded to the latest firmware 2.25 there are incidents which are weird.
I calibrated compass like 5-6 times at 2 different places, 20 meters from my car in the grass field, mobile left in the car, no metal object on me, and no change.
Here is what happend last time I flew. First battery was OK. Then on second battery I raised H and move stick to go forward but it moved forward-right (no yaw movement, just went forward-right). So I immediatelly stopped and in this moment slide occurs to the right in a circle and finally H is stabilised.
So I inspect telemetry data and find out that telemetry showing that I moved yaw from 160 to 200 which I DID NOT ! I just moved H to go straight forward but it moved forward-right. Then in the moment where I stopped (all controls to neutral) error_flags showed value 32 in duration of just 1 second.
Then I searched throught remote file to see if it record of any yaw movement and I found that CH 3 did not moved and it was in neutral 2048.

In all flights (about 20) before this upgrade there was no such incident, no incidents and weird behaviour at all.

Here is an update from me.
After I upgraded to the latest firmware 2.25 there are incidents which are weird.
I calibrated compass like 5-6 times at 2 different places, 20 meters from my car in the grass field, mobile left in the car, no metal object on me, and no change.
Here is what happend last time I flew. First battery was OK. Then on second battery I raised H and move stick to go forward but it moved forward-right (no yaw movement, just went forward-right). So I immediatelly stopped and in this moment slide occurs to the right in a circle and finally H is stabilised.
So I inspect telemetry data and find out that telemetry showing that I moved yaw from 160 to 200 which I DID NOT ! I just moved H to go straight forward but it moved forward-right. Then in the moment where I stopped (all controls to neutral) error_flags showed value 32 in duration of just 1 second.
Then I searched throught remote file to see if it record of any yaw movement and I found that CH 3 did not moved and it was in neutral 2048.
In all flights (about 20) before this upgrade there was no such incident, no incidents and weird behaviour at all.
I can confrim this strange behaviour of right drifts when pushing pitch forward. Interesting: when I pitch backward there is a definite left drift.
If your MC telemetry data shows a right turn (yaw) from 160 to 200 and your RC data shows that it didn't have stick inputs for this command, a compass drift is indicated.
To me it seems as if GPS assumed groundtrack and actual travel differ in this moment. This should/would trigger error 32 (compass error) in the telemetry until the movement stops.

I will check now my telemetry data of the flight were pitching back caused drifting to the left. I'LL BE BACK ;-)

EDIT: found nothing of obvious relevance. Not a single error (or compass calibration error 32) during the above mentioned flights with drifts to the right (forward pitch) and drifts to the left (backward pitch).
It feels "a little bit" out of control as it flies curves when straight lines are commanded. This behaviour should usually be caused by a "dirty" compass calibration.
But here IMO there is something weird within the correlation of GPS/Compass/IMU. And the baro sensor: since FW 2.25 the landing altitude is mostly about 3 to 4 meters below take off altitude although landing at the same spot... (FW 2.24 sometimes max 2 meters.)

Last edited:
I can confrim this strange behaviour of right drifts when pushing pitch forward. Interesting: when I pitch backward there is a definite left drift.
If your MC telemetry data shows a right turn (yaw) from 160 to 200 and your RC data shows that it didn't have stick inputs for this command, a compass drift is indicated.
To me it seems as if GPS assumed groundtrack and actual travel differ in this moment. This should/would trigger error 32 (compass error) in the telemetry until the movement stops.

I will check now my telemetry data of the flight were pitching back caused drifting to the left. I'LL BE BACK ;-)

EDIT: found nothing of obvious relevance. Not a single error (or compass calibration error 32) during the above mentioned flights with drifts to the right (forward pitch) and drifts to the left (backward pitch).
It feels "a little bit" out of control as it flies curves when straight lines are commanded. This behaviour should usually be caused by a "dirty" compass calibration.
But here IMO there is something weird within the correlation of GPS/Compass/IMU. And the baro sensor: since FW 2.25 the landing altitude is mostly about 3 to 4 meters below take off altitude although landing at the same spot... (FW 2.24 sometimes max 2 meters.)

One another flight before this latest one I was going backwards and when stopped it was drifting to the right too. I described this behaviour and sent flight data to the service center here in Yuneec Europe. As all was working perfectly before this firmware , I think this should not be hardware error and obviously it's not only on my H. But the problem is how to proceed now.....should we fly no matter that or what ?
You can check my data here in attachment. You will find this at about 14:53:02:858 when telemetry showed yaw movement and in that time there was no movement on CH3 on ST16.

Attachments

• telemetry-H.zip
    174.5 KB · Views: 4
That's exactly what happened to me. At least I don't feel like s fool now.
I had in the mean time several good flights, but a little bit of this behaviour is often present. Just a little bit, few decimetres.
Ric

One another flight before this latest one I was going backwards and when stopped it was drifting to the right too. I described this behaviour and sent flight data to the service center here in Yuneec Europe. As all was working perfectly before this firmware , I think this should not be hardware error and obviously it's not only on my H. But the problem is how to proceed now.....should we fly no matter that or what ?
You can check my data here in attachment. You will find this at about 14:53:02:858 when telemetry showed yaw movement and in that time there was no movement on CH3 on ST16.
I agree with you. I today was at a point of thinking about sending my YTH PRO RS in for service. But I am sure that the problems have nothing to do with hardware. Sending it in because of a software glitch is really not so satisfying, so I decided to try a re-install of the FW 2.25 as a last opotion.
After the re-install the first two restarts of the YTH had permanent beeps (error?). Maybe it was because I had directly changed to my video recording SD card (exFAT) for restarting? So I put in again the FAT32 update SD card and than it worked. (?)
I flew three packs today without any issues. I will fly three more packs tomorrow and if everything works as good as today I am on a good way to regain confidence in my YTH PRO RS...

Regarding your telemetry flight data and the yaw shift at 14:53:02:858 I noticed one thing that happens also when I experience strange flight behaviour:
normally there are up to 24 telemetry entries per second. But sometimes this frequency decreases drastically (indicated by light red colored value cells) to maybe 8 or 4 per second. In rare occurrences the rate drops to only 1 value set that remains for 2 seconds (red color value cells). This is the case at 14:53:02:858.
So maybe this drop in telemetry data frequency is a sign for a flight data processing (speed) flaw that causes strange flight behaviour and response?

Last edited:
@vr-pilot
I didn't know that current firmware can be re-installed. Did you check flight logs for error 32 after you reinstalled ?
About telemetry data, yes you are right about that, but I don't know what that means. I sent this to Yuneec Europe so hopefuly they could suggest something.

@vr-pilot
I didn't know that current firmware can be re-installed. Did you check flight logs for error 32 after you reinstalled ?
About telemetry data, yes you are right about that, but I don't know what that means. I sent this to Yuneec Europe so hopefuly they could suggest something.

I don't know if current FW can be re-installed with an identical "normal" FW-file, as it might say e.g. "FW already installed". I use the modified STD/EU-installers to study differences between the STD (US standard "A" version) and the EU ("E" version) CGO3+ camera WLAN capabilities (range, gear operation disconnects etc.) as discussed here:
HOWTO: Update EU to Standard version, if latest firmware (2.15) is already installed (Adv/Pro ONLY!)
Using this installers I can switch back to "my" legal EU version and all packets included in the bin are unpacked and installed. But maybe it (meanwhile) also works just using the same bin file to "overwrite" an identical FW version?
Regarding the FW 2.25 steering/reaction flaws (mentioned two posts above) I noticed the following:
telemetry-low-data-frequency.PNG
(Image taken from "Flight Data Evaluation" programme v2.6 by Helmut Elsner.)
This is a snapshot from a flight with FW 2.24. Here also only one data set is available for 2 seconds (normally 24 sets for 1 second). And it can be seen that quite huge jumps of data occur in the gap which are than counteracted in the following lines.
This kind of "dark red data freeze" did not occure in the FWs 2.15 and 2.21 (only "light red reduced data" (maybe 4 sets per second)).
Within FW 2.24 "dark red data" occurs from time to time and in FW 2.25 it can be noticed more often.
I think that trying to improve the software in order to reduce the number of fly aways and GPS problems, increased the processor load quite a lot. It seems that some kind of bottle kneck in the data processing now can cause unpredictable behaviour like drifts, jumps, command delays or denials etc..

By what you find examining those data, if that is true , then they would have to find another way to fix previous problems as clearly they now created new ones.Andif this is true then your re-installation would not fix problem and yet you reported that it seems fine after reinstallation. Can you confirm that after reinstallation there are no anomalies in telemetry data ?

For about re-installing the same FW version, I looked at this link you posted but as it was saying that this is not for RealSense version (if I am correct), I didn't read further. So I am still not sure how exactly you re-installed. i could try with just trying to overwrite but then again

By what you find examining those data, if that is true , then they would have to find another way to fix previous problems as clearly they now created new ones.Andif this is true then your re-installation would not fix problem and yet you reported that it seems fine after reinstallation. Can you confirm that after reinstallation there are no anomalies in telemetry data ?

For about re-installing the same FW version, I looked at this link you posted but as it was saying that this is not for RealSense version (if I am correct), I didn't read further. So I am still not sure how exactly you re-installed. i could try with just trying to overwrite but then again

Re-Installing the same FW 2.25 actually could/should not solve the problem of possibly slowed data processing.
I re-installed as a last option prior to send in a YTH with an IMO intact hardware. If re-installing really cures something I cannot say. I just noticed that on 3 flights (3 packs, almost one hour total) with a lot of testing modes (Smart FollowMe+WatchMe, Angle, RTH), fast and slow, gear operations etc. there was not a single momement were I got the impression that something goes astray.

The above mentioned A/E firmware link is o.k. for RS. RS FW is still on its first release version and there were no new packages contained so far. It is up to you, if normal FW overwriting should be impossible.

If the FW 2.25 (and to a smaller amount FW 2.24) includes many more software routines, a data processing speed bottle neck problem could occur, but that is just a guess. The above mentioned "dark red data freezes" came IMO with FW 2.24 and grew in number with FW 2.25...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook