Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update Ver 2.25 After you update post your outcome here.

After installing Ver 2.25

• Total voters
Just returned from flying......again calibrated compass before flight. First flight was very bad, worse ever.
I moved stick forward, again went to forward right. Then I tried Orbit Me mode and it was doing it like connecting dots, going, going, then slight stop, then going going then slight stop. It was more like elipse than circle. Then I tried Return to home in one point when it was like 20 m from me and it went crazy so I hit Angle mode again and now was twitching, toilet bowl, don't even remember what bad behaviour pulld on me more , but it was scary.
I managed to control and put it on the ground. Definitely this is bad firmware for my H. Before never had such problem.
Then second battery went without any flight problems.......but one new thing started. I lost video feed twice for like 30-60 seconds. All this behaviour is very scary. You can't concentrate on shooting video when you need to think what could happen with drone.

Reactions: QuadBart
Just returned from flying......again calibrated compass before flight. First flight was very bad, worse ever.
I moved stick forward, again went to forward right. Then I tried Orbit Me mode and it was doing it like connecting dots, going, going, then slight stop, then going going then slight stop. It was more like elipse than circle. Then I tried Return to home in one point when it was like 20 m from me and it went crazy so I hit Angle mode again and now was twitching, toilet bowl, don't even remember what bad behaviour pulld on me more , but it was scary.
I managed to control and put it on the ground. Definitely this is bad firmware for my H. Before never had such problem.
Then second battery went without any flight problems.......but one new thing started. I lost video feed twice for like 30-60 seconds. All this behaviour is very scary. You can't concentrate on shooting video when you need to think what could happen with drone.

Wow, that sounds really scary! Interesting that you even flew for a second battery...
I did not fly today as the weather was grey and rainy. As already posted earlier I experienced this yesterday: after the re-install of FW 2.25 I flew 3 packs in all modes at many speeds and different hights in windy and calm conditions (no task modes though) without any abnormality. So I am actually regaining confidence in my YTH PRO RS.
But IMO there is a tendency of malfunctioning in this FW 2.25 which might be caused by added code lines that should prevent other things from happening but maybe have an impact on formerly functioning YTHs. Could be a processing speed matter...

@vr-pilot
I didn't know that current firmware can be re-installed. Did you check flight logs for error 32 after you reinstalled ?
About telemetry data, yes you are right about that, but I don't know what that means. I sent this to Yuneec Europe so hopefuly they could suggest something.
I had compass and GPS problems after the latest update. Even had a motor failure warning once. I reverted back to the previous version this morning. Had one compass error which I think was because I was standing next to my car. Moved away about 20 feet and calibrated again. Made three 7 minute flights since then with no problems.

So how can I install previous version ? Because previously I read that you can't revert back, just to firmwares with higher number. Please tell me how you managed this.

One thing about sd card. I never formated with full format, just did quick format. Would this be a problem ?

So how can I install previous version ? Because previously I read that you can't revert back, just to firmwares with higher number. Please tell me how you managed this.

One thing about sd card. I never formated with full format, just did quick format. Would this be a problem ?
I used the st16 to format it, then used the laptop to copy the file. Rebooted the st16 then the drone. Once connected I just ran the update option on the st16. Worked fine.

I really wouldn't recommend going to an earlier version on the H - all of the reports suggest that the latest version is a lot more reliable than previous one. The previous update was unpredictable, so it might be that @K2BLS has had a good experience, but he seems to be in the minority.

I really wouldn't recommend going to an earlier version on the H - all of the reports suggest that the latest version is a lot more reliable than previous one. The previous update was unpredictable, so it might be that @K2BLS has had a good experience, but he seems to be in the minority.
Seems like it. I may have a "unique" one. I bought it in early August and never had a problem until the latest update.

Seems like it. I may have a "unique" one. I bought it in early August and never had a problem until the latest update.
That is interesting. I also got my YTH PRO RS in early August (August 2nd) and never had problems until the FW 2.25 update...
Maybe I should go back to FW 2.24, too?

Then how to explain why my H was previously fine and now not ?

I used the st16 to format it, then used the laptop to copy the file. Rebooted the st16 then the drone. Once connected I just ran the update option on the st16. Worked fine.
So there is no problem going to previous versions ? Didn't I read somewhere that it is not possible revert to lower version , only higher number version ?

You can't revert the ST-16 version (easily), but if it lets you, it may be possible to put a previous version of the firmware on the H itself.

installed the firmware and did all calibrations, a little unsteady and the green arrow on screen is not correct 45-90 degrees off. I will re calibrate the compass

Last edited:
Did my first firmware update since I received my H in June, all worked well, stable. This was a short flight will do a full battery flight tomorrow and try other features.

This was the USA version

DC, thanks again for the help

installed the firmware and did all calibrations, a little unsteady and the green arrow on screen is not correct 45-90 degrees off. I will re calibrate the compass
If the arrow doesnt look right and you are MORE THAN 25 feet away, then that is an issue. If you are closer than 25 feet it doesn't point the right way is what I found.

Remember that the arrow points in the direction you would move the stick to bring the H home. This was confusing for me at first. I expected it to show the direction that the H was pointed.

I've installed v.2.25 and flown with it for 5-6 times. All calibrations has been done and always locked onto 14-16 satellites. Flew fine for the first 15 minutes, when I flew it closer to test the Realsense then it started to drift and fly erratically. So my observation is as follows: that the problem with drift is still there, it take approx. 2-3 sec. from last stick input till the drone settles into its locked GPS position..!! That is enough lateral movement to get you into trouble...
Also movements are very twitchy and it won't fly in a straight path forward, this is very scary and bound to cause crashes..
Checked the telemetry, when I got home and the end of the flight is filled with compass calibration warnings (Error 32)
Yuneec needs to fix these problems asap....

Last edited:
I see a lot of people posting about problems. Some new and some old. What I don't see in their post's is if they called Yuneec Tech support to let them know of all the issues even with the latest up date. Coming here and hoping Yuneec is going to read every single complaint is not going to get you action. They need to be inform from you the costumer that problems are still there so get on that phone and wake them up.

I've installed v.2.25 and flown with it for 5-6 times. All calibrations has been done and always locked onto 14-16 satellites. Flew fine for the first 15 minutes, when I flew it closer to test the Realsense then it started to drift and fly erratically. So my observation is as follows: that the problem with drift is still there, it take approx. 2-3 sec. from last stick input till the drone settles into its locked GPS position..!! That is enough lateral movement to get you into trouble...
Also movements are very twitchy and it won't fly in a straight path forward, this is very scary and bound to cause crashes..
Checked the telemetry, when I got home and the end of the flight is filled with compass calibration warnings (Error 32)
Yuneec needs to fix these problems asap....

How close were you standing to test the Realsense? If I stand close to the H with the ST-16, I get compass errors.

How close were you standing to test the Realsense? If I stand close to the H with the ST-16, I get compass errors.

I was standing fairly close, about 15-25 ft. away I would think.. Do you know why that could tricker multiple compass errors and erratic flight behavior...?? The reason I stand close to the H, when I test the Realsense, is that I simply doesn't trust its avoidance capabilities completely and it's hard to judge the proximity to danger from a distance..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex