Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus Won't Lift-off

It does not harm if you check the inputs of your left and right sicks in Hardware Monitor

I find the RC monitor but I don't know how to mess with that stuff. Nothing appears "tap-able," everything is pre-set. I don't know how to make adjustments. I don't see anything for the left stick (or right) that raises suspicion. I suppose I can go on YouTube and find a tutorial.

Unrelated:
I am also frustrated after a "live chat" with a Yuneec support person that was a waste of time. He says, I'll need to have phone contact with a tech support person to work through the issues. (Even though it won't take-off?) I live in a no-fly zone and wondered if filling out the request to fly in a no-fly zone form (at Yuneec) would allow me to make a test flight here. I attempted to do that but when I filled out the info it wanted and clicked on "next." Nothing happened. I refreshed the page and started over and got the same. Grrrrrrr…..

Not all responses to my thread about no lift-off are showing up in my email for some reason. I just happened to check back on this site and see some added comments and suggestions I didn't know where here. Sigh. I seem to have a low frustration level.

I find the RC monitor but I don't know how to mess with that stuff. Nothing appears "tap-able," everything is pre-set. I don't know how to make adjustments. I don't see anything for the left stick (or right) that raises suspicion. I suppose I can go on YouTube and find a tutorial.

Unrelated:
I am also frustrated after a "live chat" with a Yuneec support person that was a waste of time. He says, I'll need to have phone contact with a tech support person to work through the issues. (Even though it won't take-off?) I live in a no-fly zone and wondered if filling out the request to fly in a no-fly zone form (at Yuneec) would allow me to make a test flight here. I attempted to do that but when I filled out the info it wanted and clicked on "next." Nothing happened. I refreshed the page and started over and got the same. Grrrrrrr…..

Not all responses to my thread about no lift-off are showing up in my email for some reason. I just happened to check back on this site and see some added comments and suggestions I didn't know where here. Sigh. I seem to have a low frustration level.

Is this the same for the ST16s?

Yes, thank you. The only think I notice is when the left stick is pushed up, it doesn't respond by going much more than half-way up (above the zero) and then it lowers slower compared the right or left functions (same stick) which both snap back to zero. I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to be or not.

Yes, thank you. The only think I notice is when the left stick is pushed up, it doesn't respond by going much more than half-way up (above the zero) and then it lowers slower compared the right or left functions (same stick) which both snap back to zero. I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to be or not.

Both sticks should go fully up/down and left/right and into all 4 corners. Both should return to center when let go.

Both sticks should go fully up/down and left/right and into all 4 corners. Both should return to center when let go.

Thank you. Well that was going to be my guess. Now I need to figure out how to adjust the parameters.

Are you saying the sticks are not physically move all the way or that the values shown on the screen are not going to 100% in all directions?

Are you saying the sticks are not physically move all the way or that the values shown on the screen are not going to 100% in all directions?

The left stick moves freely, as it should but when looking at the RC Monitor, when pushed up, it only goes as high as 40 (out of 100) and then slowly drops back to zero. It only goes down to 50, not the full 100.

You mention you re-calibrated the controls?
Have you cleaned the controllers?

I have done neither a clean or recalibration. Hard to believe the controls could be dirty , no more often than it's been flown. I have no clue how to clean them. Advice is always welcome. Neither do I know how to recalibrate the controls.

The left stick moves freely, as it should but when looking at the RC Monitor, when pushed up, it only goes as high as 40 (out of 100) and then slowly drops back to zero. It only goes down to 50, not the full 100.

My ST10+ was doing this exact thing. The stick had to be replaced. Recalibration did not fix it.

I have done neither a clean or recalibration. Hard to believe the controls could be dirty , no more often than it's been flown. I have no clue how to clean them. Advice is always welcome. Neither do I know how to recalibrate the controls.
1. Make sure the Rabbit/Turtle slider is in Rabbit to test the sticks. The graphs should respond smoothly with no lag and should return to exactly zero.
2. The sticks don't really get dirty. They get oxidation on the contacts inside the potentiometers if they are not used frequently. The best practice is to "stir" the sticks rapidly before using the ST16. You can do that while watching the sticks in the remote test screen. Try it. Might cure the stick problem. If it does not there is another procedure that will probably work.

Reactions: biltno

Then the pots on the stick is either dirty or defective.

Then the pots on the stick is either dirty or defective.
1. Make sure the Rabbit/Turtle slider is in Rabbit to test the sticks. The graphs should respond smoothly with no lag and should return to exactly zero.
2. The sticks don't really get dirty. They get oxidation on the contacts inside the potentiometers if they are not used frequently. The best practice is to "stir" the sticks rapidly before using the ST16. You can do that while watching the sticks in the remote test screen. Try it. Might cure the stick problem. If it does not there is another procedure that will probably work.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, the slider on the right is on "rabbit." Same problem. I "stirred" the sticks, to no effect. I will be calling Yuneec or emailing them. No hurry. If you have another suggestion, I'm all ears.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, the slider on the right is on "rabbit." Same problem. I "stirred" the sticks, to no effect. I will be calling Yuneec or emailing them. No hurry. If you have another suggestion, I'm all ears.

I don’t think that you should wait to call Yuneec CS to get your RMA started, because if you cannot really determine the how and why as well as the ability target the problem then a solution that we all will make from this point is going to be based on presumptions from previous experiences, unique to what you are currently dealing, with.

See the following thread for procedures to clean the pots on your controller:

Maintenance and Care of the ST-16

However you will not be able to use the procedures listed to do the "Secret Menu Calibration"... that procedure has been disabled in the ST-16S.

I don’t think that you should wait to call Yuneec CS to get your RMA started, because if you cannot really determine the how and why as well as the ability target the problem then a solution that we all will make from this point is going to be based on presumptions from previous experiences, unique to what you are currently dealing, with.

Yes, I agree.

We have a major storm front passing through tonight into tomorrow and this is also the windiest (30 mph + is not uncommon) season of the year here in Kansas. If I can get it resolved in the next few weeks I'll be OK. Of course if I have to send in the controller (This is my second drone by-the-way. The first one dropped out of the sky on it's second flight.) and wait for a return, it's going to take weeks in turn around time. I suppose all the more reason to get moving on the process. This doesn't seem to be a common problem, based on the lack of comments on my thread.

Yes, I agree.

We have a major storm front passing through tonight into tomorrow and this is also the windiest (30 mph + is not uncommon) season of the year here in Kansas. If I can get it resolved in the next few weeks I'll be OK. Of course if I have to send in the controller (This is my second drone by-the-way. The first one dropped out of the sky on it's second flight.) and wait for a return, it's going to take weeks in turn around time. I suppose all the more reason to get moving on the process. This doesn't seem to be a common problem, based on the lack of comments on my thread.

If you have a sticky stick problem. Here’s my solution (I have not had any sticks problems, with my ST16s) but every 2mos I maintain my equipments. From YUN to DJI.

2 simple things that I use for contacts.

1) #2 Eraser
2) DeoxIT Spray Contact Cleaner and liquid for tight spots.

I have done this on my DJI controller slave after I neglected it for a long period of time and the yaw stick was off center. I tore it down, clean and remapped/calibrate.

I maintain by cleaning the contacts due to the dusty locations where I fly. If you cannot disassemble the pot, put liquid contact clean this will help dissolve any gunks. The sticks also needs TLC. All of the advice on this thread are great. If you are not willing to through the RMA waiting process, I would suggest of setting a time to digest all of the advice and commit in solving the problem to what you think is the best.

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneIndiaPestControl