Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New autopilot Firmware v1.35?? yes!

Whilst that would be nice, radio transmission laws in EU state 25mW is the maximum on the 2.4G and 5.8G bands, so Yuneec would not be able to sell them legally to anyone without a Ham license if this were the case

i just found this facebook page and it is maybe not quite like I said but read about it
Yuneec Typhoon H EU
Quoted from the Facebook page for convenience:

EU vs INT(A) VARIANT FIRMWARE RANGE & CONNECTION TIMES:

So here is what "you" all thought you knew...

1. The 5.8GHz Video Transmission System utilities Signal-Hopping technology.

WRONG IT COULD BUT DIDN'T UNTIL NOW [THE LAST FIRMWARE UPDATE].

Apparently within the US Signal-Hopping across the 5.8GHz frequency is illegal? So...

On the INT(A) Variant Firmware the system selected the 5.8GHz channel with least interference and locked-on at 100mW power output; which presumably is the maximum unlicensed limit allowed in the US?

We were all using this A Variant Firmware for greater range and quicker connection times because...

2. On the EU Variant Firmware we were restricted to 25mW power output which again is the unlicensed legal limit within the EU.

WE KNOW THE RANGE & CONNECTION TIMES WERE ATROCIOUS!

Due to attenuation loss in air the 5.8GHz frequency requires quadruple the power output in order to double range so...

25mW EU Variant Firmware has half the effective range of the 100mW A Variant Firmware.

The connection times were also slower because of the ineffectual operating parameters of the transmitter at such a low power output.

SO HERE IS WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW...

3. In the EU if you Signal-Hop across the 5.8GHz bandwidth you can transmit unlicensed at up to 1W of power so...

The latest A Variant Firmware is unchanged at 100mW; affording 3km usable range with the ITELITE antenna I designed but...

4. The EU Variant Firmware is now ramped-up to the maximum capacity of the CGO 3+ transmitter's capability of 700mW!!!

So EU Variant Firmware using Signal-Hopping technology is now 7 times more powerful than the A Variant Firmware and theoretically should offer 1.75 times the range but...

I HAVE NOT INVESTIGATED HOW SIGNAL-HOPPING AFFECTS USABLE RANGE OR CONNECTION TIMES AS I HAVE NOT TESTED IT YET...

Theoretically if Signal-Hopping technology does affect usable range by a factor of 1/2 then you should still have 87.8% of the A Variant Firmware range possible with the ITELITE. That's around 2.6km (EU) vs 3km (A) theoretical values requiring validation...

MORE THAN ADEQUATE!!!

I will carry out some tests to determine the actual differential in connection times; I believe that if EU now matches A Variant Firmware on range it may be a bit slower on connection times due to signal-Hopping however...

You will be less likely to loose your connection due to interference because your'e always Signal-Hopping to the clearest channel.

SO NOW EU VARIANT FIRMWARE MAY HAVE BECOME ADVANTAGEOUS OVER THE A VARIANT AND THERE IS NO NEED TO BE A BAD BOY AND FLY ILLEGALLY ANYMORE?

5. 2.4GHz TO 5.8GHz REDUNDANCY SWITCHING PROTOCOL AND HOW IT WORKS...

If communication is lost on 2.4gHz system and obviously Control Signal and Telemetry Data are rendered inoperable due to interference then...

The Control Signal from the ST16 is rerouted to the 5.8gHz receiver [which is also a transmitter] and video reception is obviously shut down. Your 5.8gHz antenna now transmits your Control Signal to allow you to fly your H back home until 2.4gHz communication is restored...

SO YET ANOTHER REASON TO USE THE ITELITE AS IT'S GOT DOUBLE THE RANGE OF THE STANDARD 5.8GHz PATCH ANTENNA AND ENSURES YOU'RE STILL WITHIN USABLE RANGE OF THE 5.8GHz SYSTEM IF YOUR 2,4GHz COMMUNICATION IS LOST.

WHAT'S THE POINT OF 5.8GHz REDUNDANCY IF YOU'RE OUT OF RANGE TO UTILISE IT? THE ITELITE ENSURES YOU'R ALWAYS WITHIN RANGE FOR EFFECTIVE FUNCTIONING OF THE 2.4GHz TO 5.8GHz REDUNDANCY SWITCHING PROTOCOL.

I do not know what firmware Europe gets.

What I can say is that USA updates to the Autopilot ver. 1.35 will have RealSense ver. 1.10 installed as part of that update. This is the IPS update.

Well now having spoken to Yuneec support I have to send them my Realsense module for replacing with the "latest version"

Hey guys......do I need to delete flight data on ST16 after this update too, no matter update is just for copter ?
And do I need to rebind after ?

Hey guys......do I need to delete flight data on ST16 after this update too, no matter update is just for copter ?
And do I need to rebind after ?

Not sure if you really have to clear the flight data, but I did this when I installed the update - just to be sure. Everything is working beautifully.
Also make sure you do all the calibrations, compass, accel, and gimbal prior to your first flight and give it a good 10-15mins on the ground (powered up) prior to your first flight so that you have all the data from the sats.

Reactions: dxer and THoff
Not sure what is happening but I have flights when I can descend full to the ground with legs up, and another flight woun't let me go near ground without legs down. What is going on ? Angle mode, realsense OFF.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss