Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

I have the same problem - the altimeter says 0 ft when it's still 20 ft in the air and it takes some time to land. I haven't tried the latest update yet as quite a few people seem to be having problems with it but I'm hoping it will fix this too.

Don't pay too much attention the the Altimeter. As long as it zeroes when you spin the props with the Red Button, it's working. Later during the flight it can get off.

Don't pay too much attention the the Altimeter. As long as it zeroes when you spin the props with the Red Button, it's working. Later during the flight it can get off.
But then wouldn't this play a role in why they don't want to land? It's also pretty important... if your out a little ways to where the perception gets distorted... knowing how high you are.. and that your above those power lines... or that tree... It zeros when i turn the props on but instantly upon take off its off.

But then wouldn't this play a role in why they don't want to land? It's also pretty important... if your out a little ways to where the perception gets distorted... knowing how high you are.. and that your above those power lines... or that tree... It zeros when i turn the props on but instantly upon take off its off.

Altimeters in RC are not accurate like real aircraft. It's for your reference. My Spektrum_Transmitter telemetry on my Chroma sometimes called out zero feet or could be 3 or 6 on the ground. It's a crap shoot but close enough to assist your judgement while flying in line of sight. It's never going to be an absolute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's the accelerometer that controls landing. No altimeter variances affect flight performance.

Altimeters in RC are not accurate like real aircraft. It's for your reference. My Spektrum_Transmitter telemetry on my Chroma sometimes called out zero feet or could be 3 or 6 on the ground. It's a crap shoot but close enough to assist your judgement while flying in line of sight. It's never going to be an absolute.

So does anyone know what else could cause the landing problem? Everytime I have had problems, the altimeter has shown 0 ft when it's 20 ft up (everything has been calibrated several times, gps downloaded for 12.5 mins etc).

What happens in return home? When accelerometer are off it will not slow down at about 20' feet or do during the descent. My original issue under warranty was in CCC mode it did not recognize the first position height which is GPS driven and on initial position for start just descended to the ground. I had to send to YUNEEC for new parts.
If you test come home be ready to flip back to angle if it's not slowing down.

What happens in return home? When accelerometer are off it will not slow down at about 20' feet or do during the descent. My original issue under warranty was in CCC mode it did not recognize the first position height which is GPS driven and on initial position for start just descended to the ground. I had to send to YUNEEC for new parts.

If this is true then that leads me to believe the altimeter is GPS driven in general. I am surprised it is not more accurate. I have had other GPS driven altimeters before and they seemed more accurate. At far higher speeds even. I am inclined to go compare now...

Edit Note: Real altimeters come in micro these days... why use GPS for height is beyond me...

Afterthought: I just realized that the GPS driven altimeter I had used before was also capable of telling me my exact height above sea level at all times... granted that may have been largely software driven. I am pretty sure it was more accurate though.

Last edited:

When I flip the home switch it comes back and it slows down but it doesn't land and it seems unsure of its height because it goes up and down a bunch. Also... sometimes in angel mode again its like it can't tell how high it is and starts trying to descend into the ground. On occasion a few feet from the ground it acts like its too close to the ground wont go down any further, after a moment or two of pushing the stick all the way down and then letting it return it eventually takes and descends. Almost like obstacle avoidance is on but I have yet to ever turn that on.... On the upside... at least its not trying to fly away! haha!

Last edited:
GPS is notoriously inaccurate for altitude, up to 40+ meters IIRC. I would be very surprised if Yuneec uses it for elevation during RTL and landing.

Allow the H to acclimate to the temperature outside before taking off. This should stabilize the barometer and give better accuracy. If it changes dramatically after that, I'd say the barometer is defective. On my H altitude is reasonably accurate.

GPS is notoriously inaccurate for altitude, up to 40+ meters IIRC. I would be very surprised if Yuneec uses it for elevation during RTL and landing.

Allow the H to acclimate to the temperature outside before taking off. This should stabilize the barometer and give better accuracy. If it changes dramatically after that, I'd say the barometer is defective. On my H altitude is reasonably accurate.
Mines more often then not off by 20 feet or more. I had not thought about the temp factor. Outside temp has dipped and now its only about 45-50 outside. My H is obviously inside most of the time at 75...

Side note: Microsfots GPS equipment about 10 years or more back was unbelievably accurate. Unfortunately I think they got out of the GPS game. I know they stopped making the map software that went to their GPS's...

I haven't tested it, but has anyone tried to go over 400 ft. alt with the latest fw? If Yuneec locked it at 400 ft., well, that's just plain stupid. I'll try on the next dry day, but wondered if anyone can confirm.

I couldnt go over 400 before the firmware but could use the GUI software to adjust that. You can adjust all your geofences with the GUI software. As far as I know its still possible after the new firmware although I have not tried since i updated yesterday.

So does anyone know what else could cause the landing problem? Everytime I have had problems, the altimeter has shown 0 ft when it's 20 ft up (everything has been calibrated several times, gps downloaded for 12.5 mins etc).
Do you have the pro version? IPS receiving wrong info?
If no pro version, in settings do you have Realsense checked when there is no Realsense?

Finally, has it always done this from date of purchase or only after firmware update?

I haven't tested it, but has anyone tried to go over 400 ft. alt with the latest fw? If Yuneec locked it at 400 ft., well, that's just plain stupid. I'll try on the next dry day, but wondered if anyone can confirm.

Yes I have tried. You can't go over 400 ft. I've emailed Yuneec have not received a reply. I am not happy with this at all. I don't fly over the limit but in the event I need to or whatever, I purchased this because it did not have a limit. Then Yuneec changes it without any notification. Not good business at all.

I couldnt go over 400 before the firmware but could use the GUI software to adjust that. You can adjust all your geofences with the GUI software. As far as I know its still possible after the new firmware although I have not tried since i updated yesterday.

I'm told since they changed the RTL adjustment to max out at 400 ft. on the ST16, that also overrides whatever is set above 400 ft. in the GUI. Yes it's a dumb to ask when I can try it out tomorrow; it's just an OCD moment.

If it isn't like that, and you're above 400 ft., switch to RTL, what does the craft do?
Yes I have tried. You can't go over 400 ft. I've emailed Yuneec have not received a reply. I am not happy with this at all. I don't fly over the limit but in the event I need to or whatever, I purchased this because it did not have a limit. Then Yuneec changes it without any notification. Not good business at all.
So how did Yuneec implement what users wanted? Did they read this forum? Email? Phone complaints?

Many think 400 ft. is sufficient, but it really is limiting when in mountainous regions, cliffs or whatever the reason.

Remember, 400 ft. is not law in the U.S.

If Yuneec is reading this, you have shot yourselves in the foot with this one.

I'm told since they changed the RTL adjustment to max out at 400 ft. on the ST16, that also overrides whatever is set above 400 ft. in the GUI. Yes it's a dumb to ask when I can try it out tomorrow; it's just an OCD moment.

If it isn't like that, and you're above 400 ft., switch to RTL, what does the craft do?

So how did Yuneec implement what users wanted? Did they read this forum? Email? Phone complaints?

Many think 400 ft. is sufficient, but it really is limiting when in mountainous regions, cliffs or whatever the reason.

Remember, 400 ft. is not law in the U.S.

If Yuneec is reading this, you have shot yourselves in the foot with this one.
Is or is not law? And confirmed. You can no longer use the GUI software. I set it to all sorts of stuff and no mater what it is stuck at 390ft. If you zoom to max it will hit 399-400 and then come down the 10 feet or what ever to hold at 390. IN ALL MODES!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba