Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

As far as I can tell its still legal for hobby flyers to go above 400. why yuneec would make this limitation is beyond me. Unfortunate.

As far as I can tell its still legal for hobby flyers to go above 400. why yuneec would make this limitation is beyond me. Unfortunate.

Not in Canada.. you can't fly above 400 ft. Well.. you can (with modifications), but not legally. In Canada it's to do with news choppers, EMS choppers flying at lower altitudes.. 400 and below.. we shouldn't reach them.

I know this is in Canada, but I am sure the same reasoning is applied where you are.

Cant at all now mods or not... at least not with the ST16.

I find it funny that they would add the ability to turn the lights off which is illegal at night technically but remove the ability to adjust the fence.

Last edited:
Cant at all now mods or not... at least not with the ST16.

I find it funny that they would add the ability to turn the lights off which is illegal at night technically but remove the ability to adjust the fence.

In Canada is not legal to fly your drone at night either... with or without lights....

Does anyone know... is the restriction taking place in the ST16 or in the H itself? A simple bypass would be to rollback the firmware. Just sayin... Ive carried around multiple versions of android OS's on an mSD before to switch phone os's at will.

Well that sure limits what I can do in the hills.
Have to make use of my other copters for that I guess.
Or role back your software while you can

Well that sure limits what I can do in the hills.
Have to make use of my other copters for that I guess.
Or role back your software while you can
So far no luck rolling back....

I think DJI has a 500meter limit which makes a lot more sense.
I am still talking not more than 400ft above ground level.......the top of a cliff, or hill. From where I stand it could easily be six or seven hundred feet altitude, but legal 400ft agl

Last edited:
I think DJI has a 500meter limit which makes a lot more sense.
I am still talking not more than 400ft above ground level.......the top of a cliff, or hill. From where I stand it could easily be six or seven hundred feet altitude, but legal 400ft agl
500feet or meters? 500 meters is like 1000+ feet

500feet or meters? 500 meters is like 1000+ feet

Thought I read somewhere it was software limited to 400ft by default, but could be changed to a max of 500 meters. I may be wrong on that. I shall look into it. 500 meters is high but useful if you want to fly a cliff or up a hillside maintaining 400ft agl along the way.

Thought I read somewhere it was software limited to 400ft by default, but could be changed to a max of 500 meters. I may be wrong on that. I shall look into it.
used to be that way. You used to be able to use the GUI to adjust it but now you can not.

Tested new firmware today:
1. Would not fly above 118m (387 ft) even though set higher with GUI. I understand Yuneec is working on a fix.
2. I cannot find where to enable trim pad features. I get big message box when I press trim pad but nothing happens.
3. I could not get Journey mode to start. What am I missing?
4. Had to reboot TH 3 times to correct gimbal drift (even after 2 gimbal calibrations). Eventually OK.

Tested new firmware today:
1. Would not fly above 118m (387 ft) even though set higher with GUI. I understand Yuneec is working on a fix.
2. I cannot find where to enable trim pad features. I get big message box when I press trim pad but nothing happens.
3. I could not get Journey mode to start. What am I missing?
4. Had to reboot TH 3 times to correct gimbal drift (even after 2 gimbal calibrations). Eventually OK.
I had no gimbal issues. I will try Journey. As for the trim pad. Maybe try turning on advanced... mine is working but i turned on advanced right off the bat. Also trim pad does nothing unless in the air. Well... it shows little tiny icons going up and down on a graph box in the bottom right. Did not notice at first. But once in the air it does control trim. Not exactly the ways i would of liked but... it works. Might function more how I want if you can use the trim in POI mode, have not tried. The fine tune ability would be handy there.

I really do hope they "fix" / return the GUI's ability to adjust max alt.

btw has anyone tried to adjust the altitude fence below the 400 mark? Is it just being over ridden all together? Its so bloody cold out I dont really want to go out and test anything else today lol.

Um.... I dont see anything different? 119m is 390 feet-ish....

er wait i see it in the later half of the video. So its to bad he doesn't explain how to role back the autop software

So... now we need to find the 1.29 file... anyone happen to have it? If someone has it ill figure out how to roll it back.

It is where? On the EU site? I cant find it.... and all we really need is the autopilot 1.29....

Look at your link for V3.01. Modify the link to 3.00 ... use an unzipper and extract 1.29 autopilot from V3.00
Do it with 1.29 instead 1.28 in the video

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba