Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No fly zones USA typhoon H firmware

Yours is a much more sensible approach, IMO.

I learned a long time ago that a good single pilot operation that has to hand fly in low IFR conditions has a much better guide to follow than federal regulations. Just look at the birds. If they are parked, he should be too.

I'm feeling a whole lot of time and effort is being spent in this thread looking for ways to enable amateurs to fly close to airports.

Personally, I don't think amateurs have a legitimate need to fly close to an airport until conclusively establishing they are cognizant of full scale traffic patterns, for each specific airport, and deconfliction procedures. There's a tremendous difference between a want and a need, and those that simply want should practice a little self denial. This stuff is not a video game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat, I fully agree with you. Amateurs don't understand flight operations. Like you I am also a certificated pilot of fixed wing, rotorcraft, and gliders. I'm a commercial airline pilot. Pilots understand why you don't do something, whereas, drone pilots don't understand. I've never had an incident with a drone and I don't know any pilots who have.

The drone guidelines are placed there for a reason. Please obey them.

Reactions: PatR
I talked to the Yuneec guys at CES. All new aircraft with NOT have NFZs onboard anymore.

Does it restrict height? Can you still climb to 400ft?

Bill W.
107 or not, the height restriction is 400' unless you are within 400' of a building or structure, then you can go up to 400' above the height of the building or structure.
If you ignore this rule, you are jeopardizing air space safety and risk the safety of normal aircraft, planes, helos, etc. Just fly safe and you can have a lot of enjoyment with your flying. You can see an awful lot from 400' and below.
BTW: If you have a 107, then you should already know that you can request a waiver for the 400' limit, however, they are not being approved at this time, with very few exceptions if any.

The above it outside the airport ring, if you are inside the height is lower depending on the distance and the class of airport you are near. JFI for the none 107 uneducated.

107 or not, the height restriction is 400' unless you are within 400' of a building or structure, then you can go up to 400' above the height of the building or structure.
If you ignore this rule, you are jeopardizing air space safety and risk the safety of normal aircraft, planes, helos, etc. Just fly safe and you can have a lot of enjoyment with your flying. You can see an awful lot from 400' and below.
BTW: If you have a 107, then you should already know that you can request a waiver for the 400' limit, however, they are not being approved at this time, with very few exceptions if any.
I know that. But another pilot said that when he got the nfz removed it would only climb to about 30 ft and stop

Bill W.

I fully agree manufacturers have failed miserably in providing needed information. My personal opinion has that being intentional. Anything that might suggest someone may not be able to fly someplace, in some manner, experience range limitations, or need to subject the customer to some type of pre-buy training or testing would reduce sales. Instead they advertise an "anybody can do it" pitch line, and forums get to deal with the aftermath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe they need to have a sticker notice on them similar to the cigarette warnings, that they are required to be registered, and a URL to the rules and regulations. Or limit sales of units capable of exceeding
I know that. But another pilot said that when he got the nfz removed it would only climb to about 30 ft and stop

Bill W.
That was true with earlier Yuneec restrictions, the newer release did not have that limit. Their are two other factors that can effect this, whether or not you have a 107 license, and the distance from the airport. Even 107 pilots have lower height restrictions the closer you get from the airport, 1 mile, 2-3, etc. this is for air space safety. You cannot get around that. You have to look at safety vs personal preference.

Here's a copy of their standard form....

Attachments

• No Fly Release of all liability on Yuneec involving FAA rules & regulations.pdf
    270.7 KB · Views: 97
If you don't have a 107 certificate or at least passed the test; the TH is limited to 30 ft AGL within 5 mile radius. It us updated via a license update. If you have passed the exam they will unlock it and you can fly above 30 ft AGL via a firmware update.
Unless you're flying commercial you don't need a 107 certificate. And the only thing you need to do is call the control tower of the airport and let them know when/where/alt of your flight plan.

Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Frequently Asked Questions

Option #1. Fly in accordance with the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (Public Law 112-95 Section 336). Under this rule, operators must:

• Fly for hobby or recreational purposes only
  • Follow a community-based set of safety guidelines
  • Fly the UAS within visual line-of-sight
  • Give way to manned aircraft
  • Provide prior notification to the airport and air traffic control tower, if one is present, when flying within 5 miles of an airport
  • Fly UAS that weigh no more than 55 lbs. unless certified by a community-based organization
  • Register the aircraft (UAS over 0.55 lbs. and less than 55 lbs. can be registered online at registermyuas.faa.gov; UAS 55 lbs. or greater must be registered through the FAA's paper-based process)

Yuneec responds to waiver requests when they are received from e-mails as a reply to an e-mail containing the PDF form sent to the customer by Yuneec. If you are one that is obtaining the request form from sources other than Yuneec you may find yourself waiting forever for a reply containing software that you may never receive. I suggest following the path they have used from the beginning; call customer service to request a waiver form, complete it, and attach it as a reply to the e-mail in which it was received. I am not aware of any third party requests that have been granted.

Reactions: m5zealot
The above it outside the airport ring, if you are inside the height is lower depending on the distance and the class of airport you are near. JFI for the none 107 uneducated.

Not sure if this has been discussed in here but, you can downgrade to Auto Pilot 1.29 and change the 400 limit thru your PC. Searh and you will find detailed instructions. I fly in remote mountain regions and have to occasionally go up to 450 feet for a few minutes to get my H safely back to me. If you have the latest Auto Pilot software, you are stuck to 400 feet. which is for everyone's safety.

Reactions: AbdulMateen7
Hi, I bought one H drone from Ebay, and run into this "No Fly Zone" problem. I have sent emails to all the addresses in this thread, but all got bounced back (saying Address not found). I also called their customer support phone number in this thread, but no response. I'm not sure if Yuneec USA is still in business. I only plan to fly the drone in my backyard (and I'm located ~20miles from airport), I'm just wondering if anyone has the "No Fly Zone" firmware can share it on dropbox? Thanks.

Hi, I bought one H drone from Ebay, and run into this "No Fly Zone" problem. I have sent emails to all the addresses in this thread, but all got bounced back (saying Address not found). I also called their customer support phone number in this thread, but no response. I'm not sure if Yuneec USA is still in business. I only plan to fly the drone in my backyard (and I'm located ~20miles from airport), I'm just wondering if anyone has the "No Fly Zone" firmware can share it on dropbox? Thanks.
This thread is from 2017 and all links in it are extremely old and outdated. You can get the NFZ removal firmware from @Yuneec Skins on his website www.YuneecSkins.com. The firmware requires a license key and that is individual to each Flight Control module in the aircraft.

The only airports in the NFZ database for the Typhoon H are Class B and Class C airports and if you are beyond a 5 mile radius should not be affected. The only exception to that might be the SFRA around the D.C. area.

Reactions: Pier2162
You mentioned being 20 miles from the airport. Please tell us which airport you are near. Many areas have multiple overlapping NFZs that most folks have never heard of. If you could give us your approximate location it would help us understand if the warning is real or if there is a technical problem somewhere in the drone's system.

Do you have contact with the previous owner to ask if the Drone has a history of NFZ issues?

Reactions: Pier2162
Actually you are right, most people only think about the major airport, when I downloaded the "UAV Forecast" mobile app, I found I'm in ~3 miles of a small (unheard) airport, that caused the zone problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy