Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 battery charger

Reaction score
Is there a way to charge the st16 battery with out the remote. I have 2 and would like to charge one while using the other.

Last edited:
Steve is correct... the EC2 connector is needed... I will revise my link.

As far as charging the st16 battery on an after market charges. What amp rating is ok

0.7C should be fine for the ST-16 battery...since it is a Lithium Ion, you can also store fully charged with no issue.

Last edited:
I’m confused what is 2c. The charger is asking me for what amperage I would like to charge the st16 battery at

C Rating

The ST-16 battery is a single cell 8700mAh... so 8.7 Amps would equal 1C... I would say if you charge at 6A, you will be fine... since it is a single cell you do not need to concern yourself with any balancing.

Last edited:
The 6300 mAh 4 cell should be charged at 1C, so about 6 Amps.

That would work, but it is generally believed that the OEM batteries were under rated on the packaging to be imported as cheaply as possible... 5 amps would be playing it safe. It definitely will pay off in the long run, to never try and push the envelope with these batteries... not in use and not in maintenance. Those seeking that last tenth of a volt before landing, are shortening their life. Those not bothering to discharge to storage voltages within 2 days are shortening their life.

I replaced 3 of them before I got it in my head... :(

3.85V across all 4 cells...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer