Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16(+) controller

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster here. I just have a few observations about the Typhoon H I purchased last week, as well as the flight controller. I purchased the "Typhoon H with 2 batteries plus backpack (with free wizard controller)" but without "Intel Realsense". I believe this makes it the 'Advanced' and not the 'Pro'.

First of all, I come from owning and flying a Q500-4K for the last 18 months. I recently bought the H due to a crash (ESC failure moment after take off) on my Q500... you can see that here:

That out of the way, I have 2 questions about the ST16.

1) Ive seen comments on the forums about the 'Pro' coming with an ST16+, which has 3 antennas on it. My controller has 3 antennas, but it clearly marked 'ST16' on the badge on the front of it. Is this actually an ST16+, or some Frankenstein controller?

2) Do any other pilots, coming from the Q500 (and therefore ST10/ST10+) find it somewhat strange that the 'start/stop' button on the ST16/ST16+ is in the same position (top left of controller) as the 'Camera' button on the ST10/ST10+? Ive almost reached to press it on the ST16 a few times, but then realised what I was doing.

Well, thats about it for now. I will go back to reading post after post and learning more about my new tool.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Can't help you with the second question about the start/stop/camera as I have never flown the Q500.

The controller you have (with three antenna) is what is referred to as the ST16+.

Enjoy learning all about your new H. It is a very capable machine.

Can't help you with the second question about the start/stop/camera as I have never flown the Q500.

The controller you have (with three antenna) is what is referred to as the ST16+.

Enjoy learning all about your new H. It is a very capable machine.

So, its not physically labelled "ST16+" like the ST10+ is?

Hi all,

First time poster here. I just have a few observations about the Typhoon H I purchased last week, as well as the flight controller. I purchased the "Typhoon H with 2 batteries plus backpack (with free wizard controller)" but without "Intel Realsense". I believe this makes it the 'Advanced' and not the 'Pro'.

First of all, I come from owning and flying a Q500-4K for the last 18 months. I recently bought the H due to a crash (ESC failure moment after take off) on my Q500... you can see that here:

1) Ive seen comments on the forums about the 'Pro' coming with an ST16+, which has 3 antennas on it. My controller has 3 antennas, but it clearly marked 'ST16' on the badge on the front of it. Is this actually an ST16+, or some Frankenstein controller?

2) Do any other pilots, coming from the Q500 (and therefore ST10/ST10+) find it somewhat strange that the 'start/stop' button on the ST16/ST16+ is in the same position (top left of controller) as the 'Camera' button on the ST10/ST10+? Ive almost reached to press it on the ST16 a few times, but then realised what I was doing.

Well, thats about it for now. I will go back to reading post after post and learning more about my new tool.

Thanks.
The ST16's are all the same. The only difference is the location of one antenna. The newer 16's have one antenna moved to the outside for better reception.
You are spot on regarding the Kill button. You get used to it quickly, but you do have to be careful in the beginning. If it makes you nervous, just cut a short piece of vinyl tubing to fit over the switch housing. That way you can pop it off quickly when you need to use the switch but you will feel it in flight if you try to use it.

Hi all,

Thanks.

I'm sure you will get used to the ST16 pretty quickly, but just remember that the RED start button will take three seconds to either start or stop the motors. So if you press it accidentally, you still have a time delay before a catastrophe! Also, the photo button is to the lower left corner of the screen and the video button to the lower right corner of the screen.

There is lots to learn, but take you time and enjoy!

As per an email from Yuneec, all Typhoon H's with Realsence will have the ST16+ controller. Mine is the package from Costco. Pro H. Loaded.

As per an email from Yuneec, all Typhoon H's with Realsence will have the ST16+ controller. Mine is the package from Costco. Pro H. Loaded.
Mine doesn't have RealSense, but has the 'ST16+' controller.

I have just come off phone to Yuneec UK. The Advanced Typhoon H and the Pro Typhoon H (2017), Are exactly the same Drones/ Controller, less the extra Battery and Backpack that comes with the Pro Version.

I have just come off phone to Yuneec UK. The Advanced Typhoon H and the Pro Typhoon H (2017), Are exactly the same Drones/ Controller, less the extra Battery and Backpack that comes with the Pro Version.

And the Pro RS version is the only one with the extra antennas on the side of the drone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy