Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H CGO3+ camera has a focus problem. Period.

We have in europe a new cams with the software: 3.2.0.7(E)
The first results are good. Better sharpness and the software tunes the colour and brightness management. If the any change at the hardware?
Please call your Yuneec service center.

Here we make a good test in germany and shows the differences about sharpness with raw pictures to other DJI Cams...

Its only in german but the important picture in RAW about the sharpness of Yuneec Typhoon H ist at 8`46``.
This is the first I have heard of the new firmware. Where did you get this from?
This seems very suspect to me. Anyone else here participating in this forum (Yuneecpilots.com) notice the uptick in people/groups offering to fix and/or "improve" our TH's? Pilots beware!

As the thread states the Yuneec CGO3+ has issues its a known fact. I voided my warranty to achieve a better video quality, Yes i "improved" my H and defiantly get 1000000% better video then stock. I like the lens and I will share my finding with people here looking to do the same. Isn't this what this place is for? I would love some firmware that updates our Cameras to work better, but ill wait till us firmware is available.

This is the first I have heard of the new firmware. Where did you get this from?
Any owners of the Typhhon H send the camera to Yuneec.eu. The office is in Kaltenkirchen near Hamburg in germany.
At the moment the problem is that the firmware can not updated with the normal procedure and only the service team can do it.

See here. There is a scree shot with the new firmware 3.2.0.7 (E)
Firmware Update - Seite 3 - Yuneec Typhoon H

Hey guys !
I was really waiting this Typhoon H and thought this will be the one. Then first videos came out and I couldn't belive how Yuneec just can't learn from q500 camera issues (too warm, etc.) , and now again camera is main problem. I remember one guy posted shots of H video and P4 video on the same spots and you can see how P4 videos are just much better in color and sharp. I started to talk about this on another forum and was accused that I am DJI agent or whatever.
Now after sometime, I read that users are acknowledge what I said in the beginning. Camera producing blurry videos and auto setting are just not as good as with P4. Nevertheless I am not buying P4 because it just don't look pro to me. So it seems I will wait to see if Yuneec will acknowledge this and start to replacing cameras in near future.

They must understand that this machine camera is what this is about.......... VIDEOGRAPHY and PHOTOGRAPHY.
Wake up Yuneec !

Sorry but the moment you put your video on youtube or vimeo you lose ... they downgrade the bitrate for streaming purpose ...

I seriously doubt Yuneec has a service bench set up to refocus or replace the current lens.
Which is a YUUUUUGEEEEE
images.jpg

problem for a company featured at a headlining technology expo as the best aerial imaging solution of 2016 !!!

The problem is that most of us with issues are OUTSIDE the return period. We were sold a system that had a 100Mbps camera and it's less than half that. add a low resolution lens and you pretty much delivered a system that's no where near what was promised. What is Yuneec's plan to make current owners whole?
We could always start a class action lawsuit if they dont want to upgrade every single cgo3+ to the advertised product specifications.

Over at the German forum they say that the cams auto functions (WB, etc...) seem to have improved. Someone here noticing a difference ?

This is getting so old. For those that keep complaining about a little ball camera that doesn't meet your expectations, welcome to the world, welcome to advertising. Either use it and try your best to make it work like some have the ability to do from what I have seen, or, get something else. If you want to put in the effort, the pros do lots of post processing also, that is the way to go.
Get the P4 if you like it.....quite simple. That other orange copter I have seen as well may be good.
Oh, and 100Mb/s is not the same as 100MB/s.

After I became familiar with the settings, I am finding no issues at all with the Yuneec camera. I was skeptical at first, but I am satisfied using it instead of the GoPro Hero 4 Black. The issues I've been seeing people have seem to be software/firmware related issues, so having a new camera would not help. The only thing I am having issues with is a slight nominal jitter in slow pans with the legs up, but I'm thinking using an ND filter to decrease overall brightness and shooting at 60/120 fps in 1080 would fix that.

On a side note, I'm sick of hearing people touting the 6 motors as a benefit "just in case a motor stops working"; DJI motor failures are so rare that this is a moot point.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
After I became familiar with the settings, I am finding no issues at all with the Yuneec camera. I was skeptical at first, but I am satisfied using it instead of the GoPro Hero 4 Black. The issues I've been seeing people have seem to be software/firmware related issues, so having a new camera would not help. The only thing I am having issues with is a slight nominal jitter in slow pans with the legs up, but I'm thinking using an ND filter to decrease overall brightness and shooting at 60/120 fps in 1080 would fix that.

On a side note, I'm sick of hearing people touting the 6 motors as a benefit "just in case a motor stops working"; DJI motor failures are so rare that this is a moot point.
Collisions can cause a motor or prop to fail, but I also find the camera good.:)

I've had dji, a motor failure, and to be fair the 6 props is also a huge befit in the cases of bird attacks which are far from rare, as well as the times some folk clip tress or the like, it's a stronger machine in the air because of 6 not 4.

Reactions: Mike_Flys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li