Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H discontinued?

I did notice on one US supplier's site that they stated it was discontinued, but as you say it is still available here at the moment. I don't want to miss the chance to get another one if it is going away.

That may simply indicate that the particular vendor has discontinued carrying the item, not that the manufacturer has stopped making it.

Reactions: PatR and brianpk
The U.S. Yuneec site shows the H color box package as currently available. A couple weeks ago it was out of stock. So they have some now but for how long is anyone’s guess.

Yuneec has never announced the discontinuation of a product, they just let inventories sell out until none are left and then show them as out of stock. A crafty move on their part as people don’t buy products listed as discontinued.

Not necessarily. I've intentionally bought discontinued items for the (usually) deep discounts, especially when they're discontinued for non-functional reasons, i.e. color change. It also depends on the intended use, if it's not some mission critical piece of equipment, then getting it for half or less, just makes cents ?. Before I stumbled across my H, I was looking seriously at the Mavic Pro, even though it's being displaced by a new model. Would have done everything I wanted, at a pretty good discount over the latest and greatest. There's also the whole bleeding edge thing, look at the issues folks are having with their H+'s. Guess it all boils down to "you pays your money and you takes your chances". Later

Dave

Reactions: brianpk
They had them a couple of weeks back. Available now at Leicester drones.
Must of missed that, every time I checked was out of stock for a couple of months. If Yuneec UK have 2018 date batteries I will check it out, bought quite a bit from them

Dave,

You’re an exception, you balance actual needs against cost and ROI. Most avoid anything that’s discontinued or out of production. Unless it’s the latest greatest they avoid such a product. They don’t consider their actual needs and balance that with a product, they only look for the largest feature set and figure that’s what they gotta have to remain trendy. Not that they’ll ever have reason for most of those features but, hey, ya gotta keep up with the Jones’, right?[emoji6]. That’s why their credit accounts are always maxed out and why people living next door to lottery winners go bankrupt.

The manufacturers know this stuff has a very long life cycle and release new stuff long before they wear out to maintain elevated unit sales counts and profitability. All they need to do is get a few people talking about the new stuff on the internet and herd mentality does the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: daved20319
Dave,

You’re an exception, you balance actual needs against cost and ROI. Most avoid anything that’s discontinued or out of production. Unless it’s the latest greatest they avoid such a product. They don’t consider their actual needs and balance that with a product, they only look for the largest feature set and figure that’s what they gotta have to remain trendy. Not that they’ll ever have reason for most of those features but, hey, ya gotta keep up with the Jones’, right?[emoji6]. That’s why their credit accounts are always maxed out and why people living next door to lottery winners go bankrupt.

The manufacturers know this stuff has a very long life cycle and release new stuff long before they wear out to maintain elevated unit sales counts and profitability. All they need to do is get a few people talking about the new stuff on the internet and herd mentality does the rest.
I can't speak for US, but the Typhoon lost 50% of it's price pretty much overnight, that raised my suspicion, usually means something is fineshing. So to me it was a bargain

I can't speak for US, but the Typhoon lost 50% of it's price pretty much overnight, that raised my suspicion, usually means something is fineshing. So to me it was a bargain
It's been close to that price for 12 months now though. That's why I bought my first one quick as I thought it was stopping production then.

I view multirotor model price reductions as an indicator of how large the profit margins are. Even after price cuts the sold units are still turning a nice profit.

Thinking of that takes me to thoughts about discontinued product announcements. Any manufacturer that has released new models while still selling older will desire to focus sales on the newer stuff. Those most likely have higher prices and larger margins. Ideally they would desire to eliminate the old stuff as quickly as possible. If they had ceased production of the old stuff but had unsold inventory sitting in the warehouse they have a choice of selling it out after a price cut. They can’t make or recover money by trashing the old stuff and suppliers certainly won’t give them a credit for components installed in units that never sold. To announce a product has been discontinued or throw a “clearance sale” would be counter productive to inventory reduction efforts. There’s no marketing rule that requires consumers be told a product is no longer being made.

I view multirotor model price reductions as an indicator of how large the profit margins are. Even after price cuts the sold units are still turning a nice profit.

Thinking of that takes me to thoughts about discontinued product announcements. Any manufacturer that has released new models while still selling older will desire to focus sales on the newer stuff. Those most likely have higher prices and larger margins. Ideally they would desire to eliminate the old stuff as quickly as possible. If they had ceased production of the old stuff but had unsold inventory sitting in the warehouse they have a choice of selling it out after a price cut. They can’t make or recover money by trashing the old stuff and suppliers certainly won’t give them a credit for components installed in units that never sold. To announce a product has been discontinued or throw a “clearance sale” would be counter productive to inventory reduction efforts. There’s no marketing rule that requires consumers be told a product is no longer being made.
Plenty of adverts here on TV or papers which state "Clearance, end of line, once their gone, product discontinued" electronics and cars are the biggest ones. With our products we just have to read between the lines, when websites are starting to say "End of life" "Discontinued etc". I think its a British thing were always thinking were getting a bargain.

Last edited:
Where's that ad saying ?
"buy one get another free, just pay handling charges"??
Pound shop is the worse, your thinking your getting a bargain but most of the time there's less product in the tin, jar, box or packet!

Where's that ad saying ?
"buy one get another free, just pay handling charges"??

Waiting for the Bulbhead drone... military tough... there's just nothing like it on the market today... but wait... order now and we'll send you our HD Vision Anti-Glare sunglasses... ORDER NOW!

Reactions: AH-1G and PatR
We get those sorts of ads down here all the time.
Cars...End of model run-out, get them while they last, maybe 1 or 2 grand cheaper.
Then there's the Eagle-tac sunglasses, buy 1 get 2
Outdoor automatic lights, buy 1 get 2, just pay extra shipping
Huh??? Costs the same to send 2 as it does 1.....go figure
If they can give you 2 for the same price, how much are they gouging you in the first place
retail business....ya gotta love it
cheers

Reactions: AH-1G
They did that with Chrysler voyager cars few years ago, buy one get one free.

Wouldn’t be much of a deal as the constant repair bills more than offset the value of a free car. I have a Grand Caravan and the repair costs have more than doubled what we paid for it new.

My brother used to be a partner in an oak furniture store. They threw “clearance” sales at least once a year. They held them in order to cause people to think they were going out of business, which increased buyer traffic. The price reductions were not very large but because of the increased customer traffic their profits for the period increased dramatically. After the sales they just restocked and planned for the next one.

People don’t view drones the same way, they’ve been conditioned by the barrage of new models to think the older stuff can’t compete with the newer stuff. If the older equipment isn’t competitive, how could they possibly be if they don’t obtain the new stuff?

Last edited:
I think the wisest thing to do would be to sell the second one and make some money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20