Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H discontinued?

Reaction score
Is the Typhoon H with CGO3+ still being manufactured or is it now discontinued? For what I do, I like the extra wide angle of view of this, despite the lesser quality, compared to the the H+'s C23 and I wondered whether I ought to get a spare while they are still available.

My impression is, that they want to place the Typhoon H as a medium consumer drone while the Typhoon H Plus is the advanced one. Maybe they will keep it for a while.

Reactions: brianpk
As far as we know it is still being made. Yuneec is not likely to announce when or if they will discontinue it's production but it available at all major distribution points.
I did notice on one US supplier's site that they stated it was discontinued, but as you say it is still available here at the moment. I don't want to miss the chance to get another one if it is going away.

We've had a few shops here say "End of life" on their websites, some parts with major drone suppliers have been out of stock for months, camera, clips, leads etc. It could of been out of production and just running down stock, it probably has been made in the thousands, so would take a while to exhaust.

• Sad
I did notice on one US supplier's site that they stated it was discontinued, but as you say it is still available here at the moment. I don't want to miss the chance to get another one if it is going away.
The 920 is still in stock at some places in UK, so there's no definitive answer I suppose.

I can't imagine the Typhoon H is still being manufacture.
I do not see them at Best Buy anymore, BB is promoting the the H+, Mantis and Breeze

I can't imagine the Typhoon H is still being manufacture.
I do not see them at Best Buy anymore, BB is promoting the the H+, Mantis and Breeze
Good indication is the date on the batteries, I suspect a year or so after that?

It would make sense if they did drop it, it's kind of a one-off, whereas the H+ and 520 share a lot of major parts in common. Not so sure about the price jump if they drop it, though. Just did a quick look on Amazon, the Q500 is around $500, the H Pro $1200, then the H+ at about 1900. Didn't see the standard H, but only looked at the first page, I've seen them elsewhere for around $800. Just to round things out, they had the 520 with no camera for $2000, and the 920 for $2800. Add a camera to the 520 and the price doubles, makes the 920 seem like a bargain in comparison ;). Not sure what, if anything, this all means, but it's been a long time since any FW updates for the H, might be time to think about upgrading, or at least stockpiling some parts. Later.

Dave

My impression is, that they want to place the Typhoon H as a medium consumer drone while the Typhoon H Plus is the advanced one. Maybe they will keep it for a while.
I suspect the plus will take the place of the H.

Good indication is the date on the batteries, I suspect a year or so after that?
Yea the only batteries I could purchase from BB had a date of 2016!
I returned it since it would only give me 9 to 10 minutes of flight time.

When the battery is assembled, the clock starts as they say.

I've just bought 2018 batteries from Yuneec direct.

It would make sense if they did drop it, it's kind of a one-off, whereas the H+ and 520 share a lot of major parts in common. Not so sure about the price jump if they drop it, though. Just did a quick look on Amazon, the Q500 is around $500, the H Pro $1200, then the H+ at about 1900. Didn't see the standard H, but only looked at the first page, I've seen them elsewhere for around $800. Just to round things out, they had the 520 with no camera for $2000, and the 920 for $2800. Add a camera to the 520 and the price doubles, makes the 920 seem like a bargain in comparison ;). Not sure what, if anything, this all means, but it's been a long time since any FW updates for the H, might be time to think about upgrading, or at least stockpiling some parts. Later.

Dave
It's not a case of updating though. The H+ angle of view isn't as useful to me as the H.

What!!!! So if I go to there web site they have it available?

The U.S. Yuneec site shows the H color box package as currently available. A couple weeks ago it was out of stock. So they have some now but for how long is anyone’s guess.

Yuneec has never announced the discontinuation of a product, they just let inventories sell out until none are left and then show them as out of stock. A crafty move on their part as people don’t buy products listed as discontinued.

Huh, I just went to the US site, it didn't even mention batteries as an option to purchase?
What web site are you able to see this?

Huh, I just went to the US site, it didn't even mention batteries as an option to purchase?
What web site are you able to see this?
I bought direct from Yuneec UK, but they're widely available in the UK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49