Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H discontinued?

Must of missed that, every time I checked was out of stock for a couple of months. If Yuneec UK have 2018 date batteries I will check it out, bought quite a bit from them
Yuneec UK have just confirmed to me that the H is still in production and as many parts are used across the range it is likely to stay in production.
Good news indeed

Last edited:
Yuneec UK have just confirmed to me that the H is still in production and as many parts are used across the range it is likely to stay in production.
Good news indeed
I emailed them too, sales said they have 2018 batteries dated on the box.

Reactions: brianpk
Dave,

You’re an exception, you balance actual needs against cost and ROI. Most avoid anything that’s discontinued or out of production. Unless it’s the latest greatest they avoid such a product. They don’t consider their actual needs and balance that with a product, they only look for the largest feature set and figure that’s what they gotta have to remain trendy. Not that they’ll ever have reason for most of those features but, hey, ya gotta keep up with the Jones’, right?[emoji6]. That’s why their credit accounts are always maxed out and why people living next door to lottery winners go bankrupt.

The manufacturers know this stuff has a very long life cycle and release new stuff long before they wear out to maintain elevated unit sales counts and profitability. All they need to do is get a few people talking about the new stuff on the internet and herd mentality does the rest.
Well, I don't try to keep up with the Jone', Just drag 'em down to my level!

Can't find a Power4 battery anywhere with a manufacturing date of 2017, Yuneec says they're still making and importing them, but if that's true they must be sitting on them until the old stock dries up.

Can't find a Power4 battery anywhere with a manufacturing date of 2017, Yuneec says they're still making and importing them, but if that's true they must be sitting on them until the old stock dries up.
I purchased two H's on Black Friday 2018 (half price of my first one) with the thought of it is probably on its way out. I had NOT thought about the availability of new fresh batteries. The hunt begins!

What's with all the concern over factory batteries? Even if Yuneec stops making theirs, there's still the aftermarket batteries like the Ultra X. My used TH came to me with one, and I bought another, brand new, at a considerable discount from the factory version. I have no idea of the used ones history, but it's working just fine, even in the cold I'm getting ~15 minutes flight time with the camera running, as long as I'm conservative on the sticks, and that's landing before any alerts. As I'm still getting familiar with the H, I haven't even charged the new battery yet, it's been too cold for more than one flight at a time, anyway. Later.

Dave

What's with all the concern over factory batteries? Even if Yuneec stops making theirs, there's still the aftermarket batteries like the Ultra X. My used TH came to me with one, and I bought another, brand new, at a considerable discount from the factory version. I have no idea of the used ones history, but it's working just fine, even in the cold I'm getting ~15 minutes flight time with the camera running, as long as I'm conservative on the sticks, and that's landing before any alerts. As I'm still getting familiar with the H, I haven't even charged the new battery yet, it's been too cold for more than one flight at a time, anyway. Later.

Dave
You have to remember not everyone is in US, those aren't available in UK, and other batteries are just as expensive or more than original ones, poor eBay sellers, and shipping which takes months.

Supply and demand, once supply gets scarce, prices go up even more.

You have to remember not everyone is in US, those aren't available in UK, and other batteries are just as expensive or more than original ones, poor eBay sellers, and shipping which takes months.

Good point, and my apologies for being so US-centric, I tend to live in my own little world, and I (try to?) forget there's a larger world out there. Later.

Dave

Good point, and my apologies for being so US-centric, I tend to live in my own little world, and I (try to?) forget there's a larger world out there. Later.

Dave
Just been reading a photography book to pick up on some tips. What miffed me was the constant use of the word 'Color'. ******, it should be 'Colour' ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49