Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H discontinued?

When the battery is assembled, the clock starts as they say.
According to Yuneec support, there's absolutely nothing wrong with 2-3 year old batteries, they're as good as the day they were made.

Kind of tells just how dishonest Yuneec can be at times. Love the product when it works, the company is a completely joke who behaves like every other chinese importer.

I don't think it's the dishonesty, it might be that some of the support people are not properly educated or could care less about product information.
After a long day of people yelling in my ear and who knows what else, I would say what you want to here.

I don't think it's the dishonesty, it might be that some of the support people are not properly educated or could care less about product information.
After a long day of people yelling in my ear and who knows what else, I would say what you want to here.
They might be taking their answers off a sheet or a screen of standard question and answers.

According to Yuneec support, there's absolutely nothing wrong with 2-3 year old batteries, they're as good as the day they were made.

If they were properly stored then this is a fairly accurate statement. I have some lipos that are going on 4+ years of use with no loss of performance. Take care of them and they will take care of you!.

The two things people do that is hard on packs is over discharging them (below 20%) and storing them at either full charge or discharge.

Reactions: brianpk
If they were properly stored then this is a fairly accurate statement. I have some lipos that are going on 4+ years of use with no loss of performance. Take care of them and they will take care of you!.

The two things people do that is hard on packs is over discharging them (below 20%) and storing them at either full charge or discharge.
I'm afraid it's in their chemistry, bit like humans, no matter how much age defying creams we use we can't hold the inevitable back.

Be interesting to know what IR is in those four year-old batteries?

I agree. That is for me one of the most important pieces of information I monitor to assess the health of my lipo cells. But simple age alone is not enough to summarily state that the packs are no good.

I agree. That is for me one of the most important pieces of information I monitor to assess the health of my lipo cells. But simple age alone is not enough to summarily state that the packs are no good.
Yes it's all about their life style, but you cant stop.them decaying, some will store and use by the book and they don't last long, all you can do is best practice

Reactions: Phaedrus

everything I've read pegs the shelf life a LiPo stored under ideal conditions at 2-3 years. The "new" two year packs I have, after proper cycling, give me 13 minutes of flight time, about 5 minutes less than an equivalent generic.

Actually it was their head of support who told me that.

• Wow
Reactions: AH-1G

Kind of tells just how dishonest Yuneec can be at times. Love the product when it works, the company is a completely joke who behaves like every other chinese importer.

Ignorant might be a better description. When wages are low you get what you pay for.

True enough, but just like humans, proper care when younger can help extend your time well into your golden years.

Comes down to choices. We can reach our ends as people relatively well preserved but unable to do all we wanted to do in our youth or be bent, broken, and relegated to a walker or wheel chair grinning about all the stuff we did when younger when we fade away.

This body will be leaving this earth just about all used up but I didn’t miss a thing in getting it that way.

Reactions: Phaedrus
or you can just live, not worry about death except to hope it's quick and enjoy life, can't avoid it, can't prolong it and the way world is going who the **** would want to to see their grandchildren's accusing eyes when the world starts burning again.

or you can just live, not worry about death except to hope it's quick and enjoy life, can't avoid it, can't prolong it and the way world is going who the **** would want to to see their grandchildren's accusing eyes when the world starts burning again.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse. Sounds great in your 20's. Hit your 60's and you start wishing you'd properly stored yourself a few times more.

Reactions: PatR
My early motto was ride hard, die fast. One time I learned just how accurate that could be. I’ve paid for it ever since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49