Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video from the C23 and H Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, they are purposely vague, if not from the manufacturer at the very least the way they are advertised by the sellers.

An informed consumer is always the best way to go.

I've been using UHS-II cards for almost 2 years now in my Fuji X-T2. I've learned a thing or three since I started. They are essential with my camera for achieving the high frame rates advertised for stills. They make 4K 30 easy for video.

The other thing that isn't always obvious to begin with is that to achieve the read speeds on your computer you need a UHS-II SD card reader that's up to the challenge and you'll probably want a reader that is compatible with with USB 3.1 to achieve the best results especially if your computer supports USB 3.1

I've been using UHS-II cards for almost 2 years now in my Fuji X-T2. I've learned a thing or three since I started. They are essential with my camera for achieving the high frame rates advertised for stills. They make 4K 30 easy for video.

The other thing that isn't always obvious to begin with is that to achieve the read speeds on your computer you need a UHS-II SD card reader that's up to the challenge and you'll probably want a reader that is compatible with with USB 3.1 to achieve the best results especially if your computer supports USB 3.1
FWIW, Apple say that the built-in card reader on the 5k iMac uses the PCIe bus and should be faster than a USB card reader. But for full UHS-II compatibility, you would need the iMac Pro. Have you tried inserting a UHS-II card in the built-in reader?

In any event, our built-in reader is 3.x compatible and should theoretically be capable of speeds up to 100MB/s.

FWIW, Apple say that the built-in card reader on the 5k iMac uses the PCIe bus and should be faster than a USB card reader. But for full UHS-II compatibility, you would need the iMac Pro. Have you tried inserting a UHS-II card in the built-in reader?

In any event, our built-in reader is 3.x compatible and should theoretically be capable of speeds up to 100MB/s.

To be honest I’ve never used the card reader in my 5K iMac. It’s on the back of the iMac and not exactly handy to use for me.

I use a Sony USB 3.0 SD card reader which handles UHS-II and is connected to a 3.1 port via a Caldigit Thunderbolt 3 dock. It’s not easy to get all the latest tech to work well together. :)

As an aside it may be challenging to find a microSD to SD card adapter when UHS-II gets popular for microSD cards.

Chasing the latest tech is a never ending battle. ;)

10 mins of continuous follow-me flight footage from Germany demonstrating RealSense - which is deemed to work perfectly on the H Plus. Psychedelic colours…

Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure how/if RS is any better with the H Plus vs the H although it did perform well in this video.

The more video I watch from the C23 the more enamored I'm becoming with 60 fps. I'd always been told that 30 fps was a more "cinematic" look but dang I like the 60 fps I've been seeing with the C23.

Would like to know if those rail lines were throwing any compass errors... doesn't seem to affect the video signal... now here's my question... The entire timeframe from 8:05 to 8:50 is with the H+ in follow me mode with RS on... so all of those flight adjustments from the clearing of the trees to the re-establishment of the baseline distance and height at around 8:50 when he starts riding again was done by the system with no control inputs on the ST-16? If so that is impressive...

Last edited:
hello, the Typhoon H Plus has flown independently behind the treetop.
I have decided to adapt the orientation of the copter. From 8.50min the Typhoon H Plus flies again in FollowMe mode.

The Typhoon H Plus has the same Kompas / GPS module as the H520 and is also insensitive or powerful.
So far I have not got a compass warning during the flight with the Typhoon H, whether with the Typhoon H with or without RealSense. In addition, you must fly at least 8m high so that FollowMe can be activated, which should be enough space to avoid magnetic fields from the ground out of the way.

greeting
Fan Tho Mass

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
German translation:

hallo, der Typhoon H Plus ist eigenständig bis hinter die Baumkrone geflogen.
Ich hab mich dazu entschieden, den Ausrichtung des Copter anzupassen. Ab 8.50min fliegt der Typhoon H Plus wieder eigenständig im FollowMe Mode.

Im Typhoon H Plus ist das selbe Kompas/GPS - Modul verbaut, wie vom H520 und ebenso unempfindlich bzw. Leistungsstark.
Ich habe mit dem Typhoon H bisher keine Kompasswarnung während des Fliegs bekommen, egal ob mit den Typhoon H mit oder ohne RealSense. Außerdem muss man mind. 8m hoch fliegen, damit FollowMe aktiviert werden kann, was ausreichend Platz sein sollte, um Magnetfeldern vom Boden aus dem Weg zu gehen.

Gruß
Fan Tho Mass

The more video I watch from the C23 the more enamored I'm becoming with 60 fps. I'd always been told that 30 fps was a more "cinematic" look but dang I like the 60 fps I've been seeing with the C23.
Me too. Although, my internet connection has trouble keeping up with 4k 60 fps YouTube videos sometimes, like now. We even got a recent speed upgrade from Comcast.

hello, the Typhoon H Plus has flown independently behind the treetop.
I have decided to adapt the orientation of the copter. From 8.50min the Typhoon H Plus flies again in FollowMe mode.

The Typhoon H Plus has the same Kompas / GPS module as the H520 and is also insensitive or powerful.
So far I have not got a compass warning during the flight with the Typhoon H, whether with the Typhoon H with or without RealSense. In addition, you must fly at least 8m high so that FollowMe can be activated, which should be enough space to avoid magnetic fields from the ground out of the way.

greeting
Fan Tho Mass

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
German translation:

hallo, der Typhoon H Plus ist eigenständig bis hinter die Baumkrone geflogen.
Ich hab mich dazu entschieden, den Ausrichtung des Copter anzupassen. Ab 8.50min fliegt der Typhoon H Plus wieder eigenständig im FollowMe Mode.

Im Typhoon H Plus ist das selbe Kompas/GPS - Modul verbaut, wie vom H520 und ebenso unempfindlich bzw. Leistungsstark.
Ich habe mit dem Typhoon H bisher keine Kompasswarnung während des Fliegs bekommen, egal ob mit den Typhoon H mit oder ohne RealSense. Außerdem muss man mind. 8m hoch fliegen, damit FollowMe aktiviert werden kann, was ausreichend Platz sein sollte, um Magnetfeldern vom Boden aus dem Weg zu gehen.

Gruß
Fan Tho Mass

Thank you very much... and a very nice video as well!

It’s not Sony. Their cameras don’t do that in JPG. It’s 100% Yuneec. They still haven’t figured out the drone and camera combination has to function as a flying camera. A reasonably well made drone is easy to set up to do many things but if it’s intended to fly a camera the emphasis has to be on the product the camera delivers. Failure to understand that puts manufacturer behind any manufacturer that does.

At the moment the $700.00 Anafi is smoking the H Plus. Yuneec has to get off their asses and make some fast corrections if they want to survive.

Agreed unfortunately... the Anafi is pretty amazing.

Yeah, I love that you have to buy "Follow Me" and "Flight Planning" functionality with the Anafi. I'm also not too keen on how the microSD card is inserted.

I'm still keeping my eye on the Autel EVO. It seems they're squashing the initial bugs.

Without getting to detailed... the card is a non issue if you connect with the USB C directly to computer. Their support is immediate. I don’t need those features currently as I’ve got lots of Drones with better follow me set ups. The camera for its size holds its own well. I flew mine 60 times on 13 day road trip and my 480 once... it’s a good portable companion to my Yuneec products actually and I can see it being part of prepping for shots with the plus and the c23.

Yeah, I love that you have to buy "Follow Me" and "Flight Planning" functionality with the Anafi. I'm also not too keen on how the microSD card is inserted.

I'm still keeping my eye on the Autel EVO. It seems they're squashing the initial bugs.

You already have a 12mp camera with the original H. Why would you want another one with an Evo? Although the dynamic range has improved it's still 3-4 year old technology trying to compete in a 1" sensor, 20mp world. The only benefit is being of smaller size and for less $$ the Anafi takes that a step further with better imagery and expanded gimbal versatility. The Anafi SD card thing is a non issue as you can download direct from aircraft to computer via USB.

I've been sitting on the sidelines assessing the pluses and minuses of the new releases to make a purchase decision. Although my hopes were focused on the H Plus the various deficiencies keep bestowing favor on the Anafi, even if I need to buy a tablet to make best use of it. Yuneec needs to make a public statement about their upgrade intentions and timing for the Plus or they'll be watching their potential customers drift quickly into the revenue streams of other companies.

Last edited:
I'm not saying the Anafi is a bad bird. I like what I see of the EVO but I'm not jumping on that bandwagon either.

The specs from Anafi says that its a 1/2.4" sensor not a 1" sensor. 1/2.4’’ 21MP CMOS Sony® Sensor*

490px-Sensor_sizes_overlaid_inside.svg.png

Sony debuts 21MP stacked CMOS sensor for smartphones

Understood. That’s why it’s shocking how well it performs.

I'm not saying the Anafi is a bad bird. I like what I see of the EVO but I'm not jumping on that bandwagon either.

The specs from Anafi says that its a 1/2.4" sensor not a 1" sensor.
It seems to offer some unique functionality as an additional tool in the armoury but not, I assume, as an alternative videography platform. From the clips I have seen so far, the video quality is definitely inferior to the H Plus - as would be expected.

No problem, Pat. It’s not all about pixel count though. Larger pixels often outperform smaller pixels. Generally seen in shadow noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manalitourpackage