Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

“ We don’t want no smart batteries”!!

I hardly use checks.
Balance you're check book:rolleyes:? I just go online look at my checking and savings account, I can see any discrepancies there.
That happened 40 years ago.

1979????
Heck I don't think we had personal computer let alone access to online banking?

1979????
Heck I don't think we had personal computer let alone access to online banking?
There was no internet yet. CompuServe did not exist. The fastest modem at that time I think was 2400 baud.
There were computers, I had six or eight of them. Three apple with dual single sided floppy drives.
Two Color computers, multiple vic 20's and a C64.
There was no email either.

There was no internet yet. CompuServe did not exist. The fastest modem at that time I think was 2400 baud.
There were computers, I had six or eight of them. Three apple with dual single sided floppy drives.
Two Color computers, multiple vic 20's and a C64.
There was no email either.

Ahhh.. wasn't it AOL and You've Got Mail the Bomb!!

I remember Univ work just starting a WWW shell and a Web Crawler programmer... using Asmb & Fortran... I questioned why I chose this major. I liked my CoCo, built a kit VT100 emulator board for connection to Univ Mainframe in mid-80's.

Little off in years for Non-Mainframe scale... but close enough for history and the excitement of getting into chips & bytes!

5.25 floppy introduced in '82, Vic 20 in 80-81, C64 82, RadioShack CoCo '80... Apple Boys, Steve & Steve brought out a you build & solder at trade event in '76 that didn't really work, first box unit was basically Lisa in '83 which flopped... and off running in '84 with the famous Superbowl Ad. Asynchronous Communication out side of synchronous Mainframes & Mini's wasn't introduced til ISO's OSI framework that defined Baud structure in '79 for discussion... hardware followed over next year or so.

The mid-80's the public was just beginning to see and wondered why they needed a computer.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
The part about balancing the check book, what a waste of time. If I still have checks I still have money right?

My wife's kid told me that when the Sheriff was taking her off to jail, for hot checks.
LoL!! Can relate!! My Wife... Ukrainian 13-14 years ago... she truly thought a credit card / debit card meant the same thing. I was at work when she called to complain the lady at the store wouldn't accept the card... I about crapped! I had previously set up a acct for her and she consistently drained it a few times til she learned about wages and budgets. She thought it was just all endless. Oh the early years were entertaining!

LoL!! Can relate!! My Wife... Ukrainian 13-14 years ago... she truly thought a credit card / debit card meant the same thing. I was at work when she called to complain the lady at the store wouldn't accept the card... I about crapped! I had previously set up a acct for her and she consistently drained it a few times til she learned about wages and budgets. She thought it was just all endless. Oh the early years were entertaining!
Don't most think its just a bottomless pit?

Right up until you tell them you’re retiring regardless of the state of the retirement accounts. At that moment their lips start to quiver, they get weak in the knees, and they rush to verify the balance in their secret hidden money account. If you were smart you had all your direct payroll deposits divided and directed to accounts they could not touch to successfully prepare for your retirement.

Right up until you tell them you’re retiring regardless of the state of the retirement accounts. At that moment their lips start to quiver, they get weak in the knees, and they rush to verify the balance in their secret hidden money account. If you were smart you had all your direct payroll deposits divided and directed to accounts they could not touch to successfully prepare for your retirement.
The Visual... Great!! Still Laughing!!

Personally, I doubt full retirement will be obtainable without Spousal approval, and they never technically retire in Russia... they die and Wife receives pension.

And you think the concept of life insurance and spousal benefits were introduced by a male?

It’s been a long time but I still remember an ocean cruise where a group of Jewish widows had gotten together. For some reason they took a liking to my wife and later expressed their remorse over the passing of their husbands while also commenting on how well their husbands had provided for them afterwards.

At some point that caused me to think of the Flintstones cartoons where poor Fred and Barney had to leave the safety of the cave every day to risk life and limb while Wilma and Betty got to stay home. Ya ever stop to think about how effectively the male species has been conditioned by the female species? King of the castle my arse.

Last edited:
Me Tarzan, King oooooof...... ahhhhh, she Jane, Queen of every bit we owe and do! ?‍♂️

Reactions: Dougcjohn
TSA only cares that batteries meet the shipping requirements set forth by the air carriers and UN safety standards. Generally that means the terminals are capped, they aren't going into belly baggage, quantities are within spec, and that watt/hour maximums are not exceeded.

Yes, other makers have incorporated "smart" batteries. They saw DJI getting away with fleecing their customers and figured if DJI people would stand for it, theirs might too. It didn't take long to establish their customers were less intelligent than the batteries they were being sold so they might as well take the contents of their wallets. Plus there's the added advantage of deciding when you wanted to obsolete their products. All they have to do is stop making and selling batteries for them. Fools that so many are they lack the ability to figure out their systems aern't going to wear out, they become grounded because the batteries have died of old age and they can't buy any more.
just remove the pcb board and viola battery brain removed,or put your own battery in the case

Ahhh.. wasn't it AOL and You've Got Mail the Bomb!!

I remember Univ work just starting a WWW shell and a Web Crawler programmer... using Asmb & Fortran... I questioned why I chose this major. I liked my CoCo, built a kit VT100 emulator board for connection to Univ Mainframe in mid-80's.

Little off in years for Non-Mainframe scale... but close enough for history and the excitement of getting into chips & bytes!

5.25 floppy introduced in '82, Vic 20 in 80-81, C64 82, RadioShack CoCo '80... Apple Boys, Steve & Steve brought out a you build & solder at trade event in '76 that didn't really work, first box unit was basically Lisa in '83 which flopped... and off running in '84 with the famous Superbowl Ad. Asynchronous Communication out side of synchronous Mainframes & Mini's wasn't introduced til ISO's OSI framework that defined Baud structure in '79 for discussion... hardware followed over next year or so.

The mid-80's the public was just beginning to see and wondered why they needed a computer.
My Second wife was the editor for the Color computer magazine! That's how we met I had designed a circuit that would allow the Single Sided host computer to run Double sided disk drives. "Quattro Data Systems was the name of my company. I had a bunch of sales and then There was a shortage of the dives I was using at the time.
The publisher was Falsoft near Louisville, ky.

And you think the concept of life insurance and spousal benefits were introduced by a male?

It’s been a long time but I still remember an ocean cruise where a group of Jewish widows had gotten together. For some reason they took a liking to my wife and later expressed their remorse over the passing of their husbands while also commenting on how well their husbands had provided for them afterwards.

At some point that caused me to think of the Flintstones cartoons where poor Fred and Barney had to leave the safety of the cave every day to risk life and limb while Wilma and Betty got to stay home. Ya ever stop to think about how effectively the male species has been conditioned by the female species? King of the castle my arse.

You know why men die earlier than their wives?

Because they want to!

I don't think we need smarter batteries, Smarter pilots would be better.

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25's have not been in front line fighter service in any National Air Force since 2006.

Vacuum tubed early radar systems were replaced by electronic versions in the mid-1990's. While it is true, early generation vacuum tubes can survive an EMP, in 99% of the tests the Russian's carried out, the electronic board the vacuum tubes were attached were fused (short circuited) and severely damaged. The only way to increase the odds of its survival is to turn off any device during the EMP event (and it is not guaranteed to work), which means its weapons sensors are turned off, something pilots are not going to do and how would they know when to turn it off. EMP effects occur 1/1,000,000th of a second after they occur.

Modern aircraft do not use vacuum tube based systems for three primary reasons;

1. Reliability (poor) and size (huge)
  2. Power consumption (massive) and quality of power (sensitive to any noise)
  3. Accuracy (timing) is 10% compared to solid state - silicon based systems.
The one plus of a vacuum tube based radar is its power output. I wouldn't stand in front of one during a test op as some versions were Smerch-A, 600 Kilowatt versions. (Yes, you read that right, kilowatt...) Today that would be a huge drawback. You would be 'painted' from thousands of miles away by a AWAC's E-3 Sentry in a nano-second.
The vacuum tubes are far more vulnerable to vibration than Solid State circuits.

My Second wife was the editor for the Color computer magazine! That's how we met I had designed a circuit that would allow the Single Sided host computer to run Double sided disk drives. "Quattro Data Systems was the name of my company. I had a bunch of sales and then There was a shortage of the dives I was using at the time.
The publisher was Falsoft near Louisville, ky.
I think I remember that company name... did you go by QDS ? We've come a long way in IT in a relatively short time period... amazing.

The Commodore 64 was a favorite to many but the CoCo could be modified a lot more and it's GEM OS was ahead of it's time. I had 2 daughter boards & video processor board added... had to cut case to squeeze it all in... and daisy chained a few Full Height drives of a whopping 128 meg each.

I think I remember that company name... did you go by QDS ? We've come a long way in IT in a relatively short time period... amazing.

The Commodore 64 was a favorite to many but the CoCo could be modified a lot more and it's GEM OS was ahead of it's time. I had 2 daughter boards & video processor board added... had to cut case to squeeze it all in... and daisy chained a few Full Height drives of a whopping 128 meg each.
Yes but I cringed when people said that. I put two double sided drives in a small case and you could use two floppies for drive 0, 1, 2, and 3. Pretty simple circuit to make the conversion so the OS would recognize it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop