Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1080p for now...

Reaction score
So if I just want to set the video recording resolution for 1080p because I'm just still doing testing videos instead of the 4K, what resolution do I select to keep the 16:9 format at 1080p? The camera settings menu shows lots of numbers not sure which I should use...
Thx!

So what is the best settings for smooth video. I have read plenty about frame rates and for the UK PAL it seems like 25 or 50 is best. However if I film at 25fps I think from what I have seen so far it will stutter when panning etc.
What setting would you recommend?

30fps or 60fps. Although theres no real reason to use 60fps unless you want to have smooth slow motion in post. 120fps is rubbish as it reduces the resolution - although it says its 1080p I think its being upscaled.

Reactions: vidwiz
30fps or 60fps. Although theres no real reason to use 60fps unless you want to have smooth slow motion in post. 120fps is rubbish as it reduces the resolution - although it says its 1080p I think its being upscaled.

60fps viewed on a 60 hz monitor is way smoother than 30.

So if I just want to set the video recording resolution for 1080p because I'm just still doing testing videos instead of the 4K, what resolution do I select to keep the 16:9 format at 1080p? The camera settings menu shows lots of numbers not sure which I should use...
Thx!

From my experience witrh GoPro4 and now the H for UK smooth viewing it has to be 1080p50.

The difference between 50 and 60 frames (the old US and UK TV rates) is minimal, and most hardware will display either completely smoothly (unless you're on a very old CRT display!). YouTube supports 60fps globally, so I think that's the best option for smooth video.

30fps is generally accepted as the minimum for smooth video. 25fps definately begins to look jerky. The advantage of 60fps rather than 50 is that you can halve the frame rate and still have decent video. All video editing software will have problems if you try to convert between rates that are not natural multiples - so 30/60/120 is fine, but 25/30 in a project will come out badly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval