Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2 related camera problems

Reaction score
I just purchased a used Q500 4k but the gimbal is messed up. The 3 contacts on top that are supposed to transfer power to the gimbal the wires are broken, I believe I have solved this by purchasing a cable from Vertigo drones that connects behind the gimbal (into a plug on the bottom of the drone) and goes into the board between the shock boots.
The second problem is the yaw chip has the wires separated from the board. The center wire in plug is still attached to one side, but the outside wires are loose. Can these be reconnected and what order do they go in?
They also appear to need to be twisted together before or after connecting.

Thanks for any assistance.

I just purchased a used Q500 4k but the gimbal is messed up. The 3 contacts on top that are supposed to transfer power to the gimbal the wires are broken, I believe I have solved this by purchasing a cable from Vertigo drones that connects behind the gimbal (into a plug on the bottom of the drone) and goes into the board between the shock boots.
The second problem is the yaw chip has the wires separated from the board. The center wire in plug is still attached to one side, but the outside wires are loose. Can these be reconnected and what order do they go in?
They also appear to need to be twisted together before or after connecting.

Thanks for any assistance.
I would just send to yuneec let them fix it saves you alot of Hassel

I believe I got the yaw encoder wired correctly by images and comments on this forum. I hooked the gimbal up to the hand device and it appears to fire up, tightens gimbal but is at a slight angle. It then starts flashing the main led red on the handle. After seeing some other pictures it appears I might have mounted the yaw encoder backwards. The wires are toward the front of the gimbal. I would assume this can cause gimbal errors and need to turn it around to correct orientation.

Thanks for any help. I am currently using the extra cable to power the gimbal the top mount shoe was unfastened prior to me getting the drone. I hope to fix these wires but didn't want to till other problems solved.

Ok bheath..........I'm going to "bail" you out of your "minor wiring gimbal" concern..........please see this
you tube video. Learning is part of out "drone maintenance" growth and development. Take care!!

Hope the "link" opens up correctly............:) Some of these issues can be a DIY thing on your part,
alot of guys I'm bumping into on these forums appear to believe the only solution is to "send it into
Yuneec" for repair, thereby causing YOU the consumer to spend "needless money", when in some cases
do it yourself can and does work. Thereby increasing your personal "maintenance and skill level experience".

I made my first test flight today. The drone acted flawless except the camera had a tilt to the gimbal and it wouldn't rotate up and down. I did rewire the yaw chip board, but not sure that would cause the tilt issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers