Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3.01 update trouble

Reaction score
I just update my H too new 3.01 firmware i i remove all flight data Did a rebind i did all the ALL the calibration in 3 more places my H was fine now im getting a compass warning also anyone know when a new update is coming out

Locating the proper place to calibrate the Typhoon H compass can be a little tricky. To avoid any calibration problems you "must" be in an open area away from all buildings, powerlines,metal, and make sure to turn off your phone. Use a phone app to locate "Magnetic North" (then turn off all phones,electronic devices). I updated my H with the newest Firmware right after taking it out of the box when I first got it. I followed the directions from this very usefull video from Captian Drone and all my calibrations worked flawlessly. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
i wish it was that easy im in the middle of a 425 acres nothing around i just did with the last update

i wish it was that easy im in the middle of a 425 acres nothing around i just did with the last update

So can you clarify the issue? Are you saying that you do the calibration and it is successful but then when you fly it warns you again that you need to calibrate?

yes it calbrate fine the st 16 keep sending compass warning then the h will start drifting bad

i call yuneec cs all they want is for me to send it in and wait 30 days i just order a compass module

i call yuneec cs all they want is for me to send it in and wait 30 days i just order a compass module
Updating firmware did not damage your compass module.
Where are you located? US customer service is very fast. My last service took less than a week in house.

Since you're sending it in anyway, maybe try creating a copy of the model and rebinding and/or factory resetting the St16? I don't know if that would fix anything but then again...

yes in in us yuneec said it be end of the year before i get back
Well that's not 30 days but not bad considering the holidays.
Turn on your controller and Typhoon H. Wait until they are connected. Go to system settings and click "about controller." Press and hold the center icon at the bottom of your controller to do a screen capture. Then go to the bind screen and do another screen capture, Upload those two image here. Then we can see the problem.

Mine did the same thing after update. Calibrated the compass and all went well. When I flew it I started getting flashing yellow light. Took me 4 compass calibrations for it to take. I found waiting for a while after I started the st16 and the H to be the best procedure .

Seem the early units have GPS board issues. I have a "May" version and it had GPS module issues. I sent it in and they replaced the GPS board. Flew better till the latest firmware upgrade... Thats another story. First time back to Yuneec in Oct (I think it). Was just over a week to get it back from the time I sent it to them. This last time it was about 2.5 weeks but I'm sure they are busy with the holiday...

Seem the early units have GPS board issues. I have a "May" version and it had GPS module issues. I sent it in and they replaced the GPS board. Flew better till the latest firmware upgrade... Thats another story. First time back to Yuneec in Oct (I think it). Was just over a week to get it back from the time I sent it to them. This last time it was about 2.5 weeks but I'm sure they are busy with the holiday...

What was the reason for the second return?

Second return was after the most recent firmware upgrade. Upon landing it almost flipped over backwards, after the second pack I landed it and it flipped forward breaking props and cracking the shell. I'm no noob to drones or R/C never had any of my other drones including a Q500 do this. And my Typhoon H never exhibited any type of "desire" to flip-over upon landing prior to the last upgrade...

Its back now and I'll be doing a full test on it tomorrow...

What was the reason for the second return?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge