Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3 Solid lights red on 4k

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong thread.

So, I got my brand new, out of the box, Q500+ 4k on Thursday and I am a little confused. Here's what happened, the box was sealed but when I opened it the Q500 had fingermarks on it, and the yellow tape seal surrounding the gimble cover was broken. Phoned supplier and they said "it may have been upgraded firmware run by Yuneec!" then said just to be sure run the GUI software and check state. Now have run this and all I get is 3 red lights and it say's firmware is corrupt, please update. Now my problem is that I cannot either use or update as nothing shows on the controller. Any idea's appreciated and sorry for the first long post.
Phil

So, I got my brand new, out of the box, Q500+ 4k on Thursday and I am a little confused. Here's what happened, the box was sealed but when I opened it the Q500 had fingermarks on it, and the yellow tape seal surrounding the gimble cover was broken. Phoned supplier and they said "it may have been upgraded firmware run by Yuneec!" then said just to be sure run the GUI software and check state. Now have run this and all I get is 3 red lights and it say's firmware is corrupt, please update. Now my problem is that I cannot either use or update as nothing shows on the controller. Any idea's appreciated and sorry for the first long post.
Phil
Well that stinks. I'd call CS and tell them what's up. I've had dealings with them and they are awesome. You may want to have the serial number off the bottom of the aircraft handy if you haven't registered it yet.
Let us know what happens.

Phil
Well that stinks. I'd call CS and tell them what's up. I've had dealings with them and they are awesome. You may want to have the serial number off the bottom of the aircraft handy if you haven't registered it yet.
Let us know what happens.
thanks for the reply, that was what I was thinking of. But instead of phoning the supplier, I am just going to turn up at the shop in Gloucester at 9 a on Monday morning, let's see then what they say. I don't,t want my money back, I want my new toy to work.
P.s to anyone having a similar problem and thinking it's a USB controller error, it isn't!!

I own a computer shop and have a endless amount of P.C's to try it on and believe me it's NOT a driver issue.

The post is over a year and half old. I wouldn't expect a response from the OP.
That said, I think he found he was sold a lemon and exchanged it for a true brand new one.
Are you having a similar problem ?? Maybe we can help...

upload_2017-7-11_9-3-33.jpg I tried to update my typhoon g over the weekend. I downloaded the GUI and the firmware upgrades. I connect the usb cable to the cable inside the drone. It connect for a few minutes and I could see all the info on my laptop and it had the green connection on my screen. Half way through the update the drone disconnected from my computer and no longer will connect at all. The drone beeps once when you turn it on and it has solid red and white lights on. The drone is no longer recognized by the controller either. I have searched the forums and have tried every remedy possible. I tried the steps below and every variation I found but it is not responding at all. The drone has never been crashed had has been flown less than 10 times. I recently update the drone with the cgo3 camera and would really like to fly it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. upload_2017-7-11_9-3-33.gif upload_2017-7-11_9-3-33.jpg upload_2017-7-11_9-3-33.jpg upload_2017-7-11_9-3-33.jpg upload_2017-7-11_9-3-33.gif upload_2017-7-11_9-3-33.jpg upload_2017-7-11_9-3-33.jpg

1. Turn off the Q500, but leave it connected to your computer.
2. Having lost connection from your previous attempt, you will now be at this screen.
upload_2017-7-11_9-3-33.jpg
3. First, click on "Turn on GUI preview". Second, click on "install".
4. You will now be at this screen:
5. Select the proper update file and then click "Update".
6. You will now see this screen pop up.
7. Turn on your Q500 and the firmware will now load. When it is finished, close out of the
update screens and then click on "Turn off GUI preview". You should now be able to
communicate with the Q500 and verify that the new version is 1.07

8. Turn off the Q500 and disconnect the USB adapter from it. REMEMBER TO RECONNECT
THE WHITE CABLE IN THE BATTERY COMPARTMENT!!!

9. Turn the Q500 back on and verify that the transmitter will communicate with it.
In case it doesn't, you might have to re-bind the transmitter to the Q500. I didn't have
to, but I was told that it sometimes happens.

Edit: (Additional Info) The tech I spoke with also advised to do a compass recalibration
after any firmware update of the airframe.

There you go! You should be all set now. upload_2017-7-11_9-3-33.gif
NCUAV

Have you first confirmed that Windows sees the adapter when you plug it into the usb port ?
Plug in the adapter and open the "Windows Device Manager".
Look for "Ports (COM&LPT)" and note the Com port the adapter was assigned.
If you don't see "Ports (COM&LPT)" then Windows is not seeing the adapter and you need to work on getting the drivers reloaded.
If you do see it... confirm the GUI is looking for the same port the adapter was assigned.

Yes it actually connected to the port and I could see the typhoon information on the gui. Once I started the update it disconnected itself and no longer will communicate at all. After that I went in and disabled the driver signature enforcement. Uninstalled the drives and firmware multiple time on my laptop. Tried another computer. Borrowed another adapter and nothing has worked. I think I need a bio/startup file for the typhoon to be recognized.

That's a real bummer for sure and not something I've seen much of. Sorry to hear you've had an issue.
What file we're you uploading ?
Have you contacted Yunnec CS about the problem ?

I have emailed them and I had the standard reply saying it would take up to 3 days to get a answer back. Is better to call? Thanks for trying to help. The firmware was Typhoon G Q500 v1.07

Thank you Indo for posting this. My bird was in the same position. Found this post by searching for Q500 red lights. Your solution worked like a charm. I just wish that Yuneec could have used some other connector type and not that scary, flimsy thing inside to use for the USB hookup. All I had were solid red lights across the back. Now I'm looking at a rainbow. Thanks so much. .... *now I'm afraid to unplug the **** thing*.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval