Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3rd Party Charger

Reaction score
OK I have been looking around for a charger that will allow me to not only charge my batteries but also balance them out to a safe storage voltage. I have been fully charging them and then running them down to a storage voltage but as you can imagine this is sort of a pain.

I am looking at the Turnigy Accucel-6 80W 10A Balance/Charger. So far I'm leaning towards purchasing one of these. It will give me room for growth should I need a bigger / better charger in the future.

Anyone care to provide me with feedback / review from personal experience before I make the plunge?

Thanks in advance.

John O'

HI
until you get the charger of your choosing , this is what i do , i use a small kitchen timer , set it for about 20 minutes ( in cold weather the batteries will discharge faster ) and when i land the batteries have about 3.8 volts in each cell , or close to the voltage you need for storage of LIPO batteries .
i use a S-8S 2 in1 RC Lipo Battery Led Low Voltage Meter Tester Buzzer Alarm , they are cheap on ebay or at your hobby shop . you will not have to charge or discharge your batteries ( for storage ) .
upload_2016-3-1_22-18-30.png
fly safe

HI
until you get the charger of your choosing , this is what i do , i use a small kitchen timer , set it for about 20 minutes ( in cold weather the batteries will discharge faster ) and when i land the batteries have about 3.8 volts in each cell , or close to the voltage you need for storage of LIPO batteries .
i use a S-8S 2 in1 RC Lipo Battery Led Low Voltage Meter Tester Buzzer Alarm , they are cheap on ebay or at your hobby shop . you will not have to charge or discharge your batteries ( for storage ) .
View attachment 260
fly safe

I have seen the advertised. I am going to get one just because it's easier than using my VOM meter. I do the same thing to draw them down. They were both fully charged last night and with the weather forecast and other obligations it will be a while bfore I get a chance to get out again and fly. I took it out today and flew it until each battery was reading about 11.2 on the ST10+. That should hold me over until I get a more functional pwr supply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval