Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5.8 GHZ video Antenna

Are you having range issues? What kind of range are you getting? And keep in mind that the flat antenna has the best signal when pointed directly at the drone.

Having said all that. Lots of people are happy with the 4Hawks antennas. Keep in mind they are technically illegal to use in the US (See Part 15.203) but the FCC seems not to care very much.

Are you having range issues? What kind of range are you getting? And keep in mind that the flat antenna has the best signal when pointed directly at the drone.

Having said all that. Lots of people are happy with the 4Hawks antennas. Keep in mind they are technically illegal to use in the US (See Part 15.203) but the FCC seems not to care very much.
I bought the 4hawks XR and my range is cut in half. I contacted 4hawks and they said the XR has even better range than the SR but I lose control at about 800'. All Im really interested in is a stronger video connection, my range with the stock antennas are fine.

This looks like all drone racing gear, I see a lot of antennas but how do I know if any are better than what I have?
It's unlikely you will find a better antenna than the 4Hawks unless you add an amp.
There is something wrong with your antenna or the coax/connectors. You really should contact them again and discuss the short range.

It's unlikely you will find a better antenna than the 4Hawks unless you add an amp.

Which is also not permitted by FCC rules o_O

There is something wrong with your antenna or the coax/connectors. You really should contact them again and discuss the short range.

Agreed, his experience does not line up with numerous other reports people have posted about the 4Hawks stuff.

Who makes a 5.8 GHZ video Antenna with better range than the H Plus's flat panel antenna?
[/QUOTE
Hello after reading your story. I was amazed about the problem and that you have a problem will the 4Hawks antenna .

I use the 4 Hawks antenna system and it works very well . the only problem is you have to keep it pointed directly at the drone .

you must face your drone at all times. The antenna has a an adjustable head to it the for the you go the more you have to pointed directly to it.

If that' do not work for you. There is another type of antenna you can get if you're not satisfied with 4 Hawks antenna .

Go to Dronenerds.com they sell long-range antennas. along with my 4 Hawks I use the 3-Antenna Long Range Antenna Kit

on my typhoon H Pro. it covers a wider range and to me a longer distance than the 4 Hawks. That's my opinion.

I think he screwed up somewhere in the installation, maybe burned it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval