Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5.8 WiFi connection dropping

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Wi-Fi that is, Okay enough with the foolery any way seems I have a slight problem after I installed UAV toolbox on the 16s I get disconnected quite often, even after I uninstalled it, even before take off standing 5' away ? I never had this before with my cell in my pocket with blu-tooth turned on. Its a little better now, but not like before even thou I leave my cell in the truck with blu-tooth turned off ? I believe someone stated something familiar prior (just dont remember exactly) Is this just a coincidence, and something else ? When the weather's better I'm going to fly my other plus with its own dedicated 16s to confirm ?

The first place to start:
Go to the Android settings; Wifi menu. Select any wifi device in the list and select "forget". Also, select the camera and select "forget". Then reconnect to it and use the password to connect to the camera.

If you still have a problem, update us here.

Reactions: Louis924
The first place to start:
Go to the Android settings; Wifi menu. Select any wifi device in the list and select "forget". Also, select the camera and select "forget". Then reconnect to it and use the password to connect to the camera.

If you still have a problem, update us here.
Thanx steve, I've already tried all but the camera ? Will do that and see where it gets me. I knew, or couldn't see the toolbox being the issue, just found it odd, that the next flight is where the problem arose ? Was in talks with tuna, and he asked if I downloaded the right one, which I believe I did told him I would uninstall, then reinstall, which is where I'm at now.

Thanx steve, I've already tried all but the camera ? Will do that and see where it gets me. I knew, or couldn't see the toolbox being the issue, just found it odd, that the next flight is where the problem arose ? Was in talks with tuna, and he asked if I downloaded the right one, which I believe I did told him I would uninstall, then reinstall, which is where I'm at now.
Dont understand the password part as the camera connects, or reconnects automatically w/o a password ?

You need to go into ST 16 settings, find WIFI, and "forget" EVERYTHING except the camera. It sounds like the controller is trying to connect to something other than the camrea, which causes dropouts.

You need to go into ST 16 settings, find WIFI, and "forget" EVERYTHING except the camera. It sounds like the controller is trying to connect to something other than the camrea, which causes dropouts.
Yea the camera reconnects on its own, I'm charging batteries now, and reinstalled uav toolbox 2.3.0 ? So later on around dusk I'll see ?

Yea the camera reconnects on its own, I'm charging batteries now, and reinstalled uav toolbox 2.3.0 ? So later on around dusk I'll see ?
The recommendation about "Forgetting" the other Wi-Fi is not about getting the camera to connect or reconnect. It is about keeping the camera from disconnecting in the first place.

The recommendation about "Forgetting" the other Wi-Fi is not about getting the camera to connect or reconnect. It is about keeping the camera from disconnecting in the first place.
Yes, Thats what I'm trying to narrow down, it's just puzzling how this happened between flights, where the only thing that changed was the uav toolbox install, which I can't see that as the problem, because I deleted it after the first problem ?

Ok nothing really changed, I get signal loss starting at a little over 1500', and total drop at 1780' ? I believe I should do better, and this is with the pad antenna ? Before I installed UAV toolbox I had no problem with video loss at 1800' over water. Whats the norm ?

Ok nothing really changed, I get signal loss starting at a little over 1500', and total drop at 1780' ? I believe I should do better, and this is with the pad antenna ? Before I installed UAV toolbox I had no problem with video loss at 1800' over water. Whats the norm ?
I guess I'm in the norm, as far as distances, just wonder how dji goes like 3 times the distance as yuneec, now with the new mavic their stating 6 miles out of the box ? If I remember correctly yuneec had stated 3 miles out of the box on the plus ?

DJI uses a completely different radio signal. Pretty sure @PatR knows about that kind of stuff. I just have to take their word for. DJI's range is responsible for almost all the bad publicity. It is incredibly beyond legal limits, but many of the DJI pilots don't care. Until they are in handcuffs and paying the lawyer.

• Love
Reactions: Mike Irish
DJI uses a completely different radio signal. Pretty sure @PatR knows about that kind of stuff. I just have to take their word for. DJI's range is responsible for almost all the bad publicity. It is incredibly beyond legal limits, but many of the DJI pilots don't care. Until they are in handcuffs and paying the lawyer.
Was just wondering why yuneec's is so much less ? A friend just got one and was boasting about it. The thing I dont get is the video loss way before the the 2.4 signal loss ?

Was just wondering why yuneec's is so much less ? A friend just got one and was boasting about it. The thing I dont get is the video loss way before the the 2.4 signal loss ?
The early (prior to control loss) video loss is a good thing. It let's you know you are getting out of range BEFORE you loose control of the drone.

The early (prior to control loss) video loss is a good thing. It let's you know you are getting out of range BEFORE you loose control of the drone.

Yes but I for one would like to have a stronger signal to both the drone and the video. For me it's a feeling of security. I don't like to fly further than I can see, but if there are trees between me and my drone I start to worry because the video drops out and I am in danger of flying blind. Let's say I am flying up a river and their are clump of trees on one section I know that I will lose video when on that section. I feel is I had a stronger signal that this wouldn't happen as much or atall?
Mike

Reactions: johnnyb57
Yes but I for one would like to have a stronger signal to both the drone and the video. For me it's a feeling of security. I don't like to fly further than I can see, but if there are trees between me and my drone I start to worry because the video drops out and I am in danger of flying blind. Let's say I am flying up a river and their are clump of trees on one section I know that I will lose video when on that section. I feel is I had a stronger signal that this wouldn't happen as much or atall?
Mike
Thanx mike, you summed up what I'm after.

Reactions: Mike Irish
These signals don’t go through trees/leaves very well, so even if stronger, the trees win.

The recommendations from many on these pages is to avoid ANY obstructions between the controller and the aircraft. Failing to adhere is preparation for an unwanted outcome.

Sure, we all want foolproof systems. Until that rich uncle bestows the funds to acquire such equipment, we have to stay within the parameters currently dictated.

Sorry if this is a downer...

Jeff

These signals don’t go through trees/leaves very well, so even if stronger, the trees win.

The recommendations from many on these pages is to avoid ANY obstructions between the controller and the aircraft. Failing to adhere is preparation for an unwanted outcome.

Sure, we all want foolproof systems. Until that rich uncle bestows the funds to acquire such equipment, we have to stay within the parameters currently dictated.

Jeff
Thanx jeff, I flew my other plus same location, and at 2800 plus feet away w/ 383' alt all was good, pushed a little further then lost RC control then returned never lost camera, and still had 2 bars on the signal ? The difference being I dont know ?

Jeff
Hi Jeff. What you say is true I know. My problem is why does Yuneec insist on having the weakest signal strength of most if not all of the equivalently priced drones out there? You are so lucky over there in the US that you have your rich uncle Sam that allows you to have a stronger signal than us poor chaps here in Europe ?
We are all restricted to fly line of sight but yet they chose to limit the signal strength in Europe and Why. Even if I get a large aftermarket antenna I really don't think it would make much difference to me in the EU?
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval