Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

8050mah battery for Yuneec H

Reaction score
I have used these. They are fine. Give a bit more flight time but the real benefit is smoother power and motor response. They don’t like being run into low warning or hi heat. They will puff quickly if over heated. They are a bit heavier then stock Yuneec batteries.

I have used these. They are fine. Give a bit more flight time but the real benefit is smoother power and motor response. They don’t like being run into low warning or hi heat. They will puff quickly if over heated. They are a bit heavier then stock Yuneec batteries.

Good to know what you posted I think I will stay clear of them.

Anyone given this battery a go yet for the H? That's a lot of CLAIMED capacity. $92 on Amazon. Says it uses original charger. Anyone know what the stock battery weighs? Maker says this is 650g. Says the shipping weight is 650lbs so might be expensive to ship ;o)

8050mah 4S, 14.8V LiPO Battery For YUNEEC TYPHOON H [GF8050] - $106.00 : GiFi Power Battery

https://smile.amazon.com/GIFI-POWER...D=41gzAL1LrzL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail
Hi, I have used four of them for 12-16month. They give approx 2-4 minutes more fligh time than stock H. None of them have puffed yet. I use a DY3 to charge/discharge. So far I am satisfied.

Hi, I have used four of them for 12-16month. They give approx 2-4 minutes more fligh time than stock H. None of them have puffed yet. I use a DY3 to charge/discharge. So far I am satisfied.

It's really nice to know they haven't puffed up.

To be clear, I left them in my case overnight in my car in my garage in the summer. It was an oven for them. They are all actually still fine in power charge, discharge, and capacity. Of the five in the case, three are within tolerance, one is now retired for low demand usage (old Yuneec batteries converted for guitar pedalboard power is what we are goofing with) and one spilt the case open. I’ve had Venoms puff from normal flying. I bought more of these Gifi batteries and replaced the ones I killed. They have a 7000mAh I like also. Take care of them and they take care of you. I did not mean to make them seem sketchy.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
To be clear, I left them in my case overnight in my car in my garage in the summer. It was an oven for them. They are all actually still fine in power charge, discharge, and capacity. Of the five in the case, three are within tolerance, one is now retired for low demand usage (old Yuneec batteries converted for guitar pedalboard power is what we are goofing with) and one spilt the case open. I’ve had Venoms puff from normal flying. I bought more of these Gifi batteries and replaced the ones I killed. They have a 7000mAh I like also. Take care of them and they take care of you. I did not mean to make them seem sketchy.

Now I am interested in this battery again, thanks for explaining further. I had one OEM Yuneec Battery Puff on me. I labeled it, and probably will never use it again to fly with.

Will the charger that came with the H charge this battery? If so, will it add to current charge time for the OEM battery? Right now this battery is running $96 on Amazon.

Last edited:
Anyone given this battery a go yet for the H? That's a lot of CLAIMED capacity. $92 on Amazon. Says it uses original charger. Anyone know what the stock battery weighs? Maker says this is 650g. Says the shipping weight is 650lbs so might be expensive to ship ;o)

8050mah 4S, 14.8V LiPO Battery For YUNEEC TYPHOON H [GF8050] - $106.00 : GiFi Power Battery

https://smile.amazon.com/GIFI-POWER...D=41gzAL1LrzL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

Stock battery weighs 499 grams or 1.1 pounds.

Now I am interested in this battery again, thanks for explaining further. I had one OEM Yuneec Battery Puff on me. I labeled it, and probably will never use it again to fly with.

If a LiPo is puffed, it is a fire hazard and should be disposed of... I have a OEM battery that has issues with one cell being high on the IR, and so I no longer use it for flight... but it is not puffed either.

Will the charger that came with the H charge this battery? If so, will it add to current charge time for the OEM battery? Right now this battery is running $96 on Amazon.

The stock charger will charge any of the aftermarket batteries and if it (the battery) has more capacity the charger will make up the difference as it is looking for a final voltage and as you expect this will take a little longer.

However, the stock charger can not put your batteries at storage level or allow you to set your charge rates, monitor Internal resistance, keep the cells balanced as they charge and a lot more. Bottom line: Using the stock charger for an extended period of time, will have a more negative effect on your batteries than properly maintaining them with a decent aftermarket charger.

Ty, can you recommend a simple tool that can measure the IR of a battery?

I am looking at the Turnigy™ 7in1 Mega Meter Battery Checker which measures IR as well as other LiPo metrics.

Thanks!

Yep those will work fine, there is also the 5 in 1 which will also read the IR and its like 15 bucks on Amazon
71fKHhYW1VL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: h1pst3r88
Looking at the Venom Duo program flow chart it was surprising that IR measurement was not included.

Agreed, Pat... I was surprised and a little disappointed that it was left out.

I will get the Tenergy unit that Ty recommended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots