Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

920 and 920+ batteries, are they the same?

Reaction score
On eBay is available brand new batteries but they are marked as 920 only. The text also is mentioned that they are not suitable to use in the plus system. Is this true and what is the difference?

To my knowledge both the H920 and the H920+ used 6S 4000mAh LiPo battery packs, and could hold up to 3 packs for flight.

I would not buy a Yuneec battery for either a 920 or 920+. They are at least 5 years old. I did a ton of research and found that with minor trimming of the battery case the HRB Power 5000MAH 22.2v 50c battery will fit in there with a total of 2. You have to remove the outer plastic cover for it to fit and they fit best with the power output up. When you order ask for the EC5 connector. The batteries are available from Aliexpress. Yes they are Chinese, but unfortunately there are almost no LIPO batteries made anywhere else.

That's the exact battery I have. That's even the same store. JUST MAKE SURE THAT THEY CAN GIVE YOU THE EC3 CONNECTOR. It's a pain in the *** to solder them onto that thick wire!. Mine came with a shrink wrap thick plastic cover. I removed it for a 2mm gain. You have to trim some small bits off the battery entrance for them to fit, but I get them in there. I get about 20-25minutes of time which is what I got with the factory batteries. They never lived up to the Yuneec expected time.

The listing doesn't offer a choice of connector but their store on alieexpress does. You can solder the correct connector if you have to but you have to have skill and a big soldering iron.
Feel free to PM me and we can have a phone chat if you would like.

Thanks for the information. And I'm familiar with the soldering challenge. I am going to order a pair of those maybe from AliExpress. But I'm waiting until late April when the snow starts to melt.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I have a battery engineer close to my house. I am going to see if he has any ideas how to build a battery pack for these aircraft. As the battery technology is changing all of the time. if sucessful will keep everyone advised.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval